It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings everyone! Who I am, why I join...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Dear all ATSers,

Hello!

Like many, I've spent quite a few years lurking around ATS, readings the discussions of its members, using it as a resource for my research, but never until now had I felt the need to become a full member and start posting. It's a personal story here today that changed all that - I guess it struck a chord. I'll be posting comments under that thread later. I wanted first to introduce myself and say why I'm here, what I hope to bring.

Let's say I'm a analyst, this is what I do for a living. I analyse complex situations, strip them down to their bare components, get to the essence of things. Natural defects (something I was born with) means I am very good at this, and can do it I guess more quickly than many others can. While it can be great in many cases, it also has its downsides...It can be hard to communicate with others: when your brain functions that quickly, you tend to see the big picture really fast, and often have trouble taking others with you. It also means I can pick up a lot of information as I go along, on many different topics, which I then use as tools to expand the reach of my analysis. This can be troubling as well, as it may sometimes appear I boast of knowing many things, or spread it in front of others to impress...In fact, it's just a ramification of how my brain works.

Now what's that to do with ATS? Well, when one analyses things for a living, it doesn't take very long to notice...let's say..."odd patterns" in the world...And patterns there are! as you know...In some cases, these patterns do not spell any good for human beings or this planet. I have a deep belief in human beings and I want them to succeed. I guess I'm looking for ways to put my analytical skills at work to that end. ATS is where I choose to start.

I state from the outset, I don't love everything about ATS. Some comments and attitudes I've seen over the years have been less than stellar. Some people here think they know much when, in fact, they're just beginning their quest and should listen more carefully when other people speak. On the other hand, I've also seen wonderful contributions, compassion, courage and intelligence - something quite rare on the internet at any rate.

I am therefore glad to join - and I hope you will also welcome my contributions.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

All you need now is a real good, thought provoking avatar!

Welcome aboard! There's always room for one more....muhahahah.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard...

Looking forward to your contributions.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That was a wonderful OP and introduction.

Welcome...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family. Really enjoyed reading your intro, I think you'll be a fine asset to our community.

Here is a thread to go get an avatar if you are looking for one. Some of the best ATS avy-meisters are on hand to make your avy dreams come true.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I look forward to meeting you in the forums....

Des

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Hey Haknow and welcome to ATS!

Please remember that for now you can only send PM’s (Personal messages) to staff members and you can only post a new thread here in the introduction forum, a forum specifically for you to say hello to our community.

Once you reach 20 posts you’re free to post a new thread anywhere else on the boards as well as send PM’s to any other member, not just staff.

To help you get started, here’s some important links for you to read through:

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Frequently Asked Questions..

Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

Terms and Conditions of use (Important. Please read!)

Before starting a new thread please also make sure to do a search here to make sure there isn’t already a thread on the topic.

I hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions about anything at all, feel more than free to ask.

Rising Against,
Forum Moderator.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wecome, i'm glad you stepped out of the shadows, by your description of yourself, you should make for some good perspective and some interesting threads..

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hello and welcome in.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Welcome from one of those who should probably listen more and talk less...will look forward to your future posts.....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Greetings and welcome. What an interesting introduction you wrote. Thank you for sharing and I hope you find inspiration and kindness here.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

I will admit some of your OP passed you off to me as an arrogant person, but I'm sure you don't mean it like you say.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Wow I wish I had help this much help with getting an avatar when I first joined.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Welcome to ATS, Haknow.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Welcome,

I'm looking forward to your contribution to the community.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Welcome aboard!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Welcome to ATS Haknow..Hope to see you soon on the main boards im looking forward to your posts and threads..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
ATS could use more analytical thinkers
Welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing you dissect future threads as well as contributing with your own.

By the way, you're not a disinfo agent, right? Just checkin'

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Hey,

thanks everyone for the warm greetings!

In reply to your question...no, I'm not a disinfo agent - at least, to the best of my knowledge!

However, should a nice offer come along...(just kidding!).

I look forward to meeting you ll in the forums!

Haknow

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Pffft .... reductionists

Totally kidding

But really, are you like an efficiency expert or something? Really fascinating first post ... my curiosity is definitely piqued.

Welcome to our family - looking forward to seeing your talent demonstrated here at ATS

new topics

top topics

join