It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Kant evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

But seriously, do you side with Kant or Nietzsche?
www.youtube.com...
Who is your favorite philosopher?
Mine?
www.youtube.com...
plato.stanford.edu...
www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You need a little more body to your text my friend. I hope Nietzsche in this instance.
edit on 15-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Kant's writing was so technical that he made it inaccessible to the average person, which I think defeats the purpose of philosophy. One of my favorite philosophers is Ricoeur because he tends to clarify overly-technical philosophy and synthesize it with other overly-technical philosophy.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oh man - that made me laugh!
xox

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

I like many different philosophers. I just think they're so brilliant! Reading them, taught me how to think. I was soooo clueless before I started to understand what they were saying, and I started to understand by reading people who put philosophy in other terms I could understand. Some of my favorites are: Aristotle, for his theories of moderation. Descartes, for his theory of subjectivity. Schopenhauer, Kierkegaard, and Nietzsche, for their amazing writing styles. Wittgenstein for his picture theory of language, and his family resemblance of language, and his language games. Husserl, for his phenomenology and his theory on the natural perspective. Heidegger for his wonderful perspective of ontology. Sartre, for his theory of freedom, psychology of freedom, and his activism. deBeauvoir, for her bringing feminism into philosophy. Hazel Barnes, for her introduction to "Being and Nothingness". Walter Kaufman, for his interpretations of Nietzsche. Jacques Derrida for his his deconstruction. And Julia Kristeva, for her philosophical examination of the history of art.

Such wonderful and interesting people. They have been my own private joy in life

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
“Kant's writing was so technical that he made it inaccessible to the average person, which I think defeats the purpose of philosophy.”
Wagnificent
Here is a great philosopher!! But one dismissed by academia because he was popular.
www.youtube.com...
This next video I want at my funeral. No speeches about what a great guy I was, only this,
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
“Jacques Derrida for his his deconstruction.”
trysts
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
“This next video I want at my funeral. No speeches about what a great guy I was, only this,”
ME
But then again, I’m totally insane! That is why I belong here!
PS: I want this for my tombstone!!! ( inflateitadvertising.com... )
www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-7-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Descartes has to be the greatest.
I mean who could think that the noises of animals is just the air coming out of a wound-up machine?

The more racist ideas of Kant would probably not be worthy of polite society today, but those were different times.
A painstaking creature of habit, it was said the town's people could set their clocks by his daily walk.

It's probably not a posteriori statement to say that Kant liked his daily measure of wine, as a bit of alcohol was said to stimulate the philosophical passions.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
“It's probably not a posteriori statement to say that Kant liked his daily measure of wine, as a bit of alcohol was said to stimulate the philosophical passions.”
halfoldman
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
Or from a “merely” sociological perspective, this is also amazing! We truly live in interesting times!!!
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
Technology increases exponentially! What does that mean?
en.wikipedia.org...

join