Monsanto (monspanto) Protection Act.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yes Monspanto is about to have his own protection act. A dream? or a Reality.

'Monsanto Protection Act' to grant biotech industry total immunity over GM crops?

While millions of Americans were busy celebrating freedom from tyranny during the recent Independence Day festivities, Monsanto was actively trying to thwart that freedom with new attacks on health freedom. It turns out that the most evil corporation in the world has quietly attached riders to both the 2012 Farm Bill and the 2013 Agriculture Appropriations Bill that would essentially force the federal government to approve GMOs at the request of biotechnology companies, and prohibit all safety reviews of GMOs from having any real impact on the GMO approval process.

I guess when you have private interest running politics in Washington you get to dictate what policies are written passed and enforced to get the maximum profits and benefits.

Full exemption from the law for the biotech industry

This are the corporate pay off corrupted politicians behind the law.

Authored by Congressmen and Chairman of the Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Related Agencies Jack Kingston (R-Ga.), the 2013 Agriculture Appropriations Bill rider, known as the "farmer assurance provision" (Section 733), specifically outlines that the Secretary of Agriculture will be required, upon request, to "immediately" grant temporary approval or deregulation of a GM crop, even if that crop's safety is in question or under review.

Yes is nice to see and know where the money is going and into whose pockets.

Monspanto will have the power to over ride any court order when it comes to forcing states to pant their poison crops

We know that many states has been warned with law sues when trying to get monspanto crops out of their states and that many states do not allow Monspanto seeds, well now they will be able to force farmers.

Monsanto Threatens Lawsuit Over GMO Labeling Bill

www.infowars.com...

What a way to infect crops in states that do not allow Monspanto seeds with this temporary enforcement

Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) and Congressmen and Chairman of the Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), should be hand by their balls for corruption of the environment and endangering of individuals health without consent.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Chairman Rogers Opening Statement at FY 2013 Agriculture Appropriations Bill Subcommittee Mark Up

appropriations.house.gov...

Soon Mospanto will have Americans paying additional taxes from no buying their poison products.
edit on 15-7-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As much as this angers me and I am sure almost everyone here.... is anyone REALLY surprised? It was only a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
As much as this angers me and I am sure almost everyone here.... is anyone REALLY surprised? It was only a matter of time.

you're correct sadly enough. we have so lowered our level of conduct expectations among big business and big government, that this is no surprise.

i can't even begin to put into words how this infuriates me and BTW if they allow this i will say my contract to abide by laws will be severally diminished. the laws cannot and will not only be applicable to the citizens and not the corporations and government officials.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We all know by now the gov't is bought by special interest.

When can we expect to see the people have had enough?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The problem here is the courts engage in law, and what is lawful and legislation is not law. It is not supreme over the courts, but it derives any power it has from the law, and the courts, and the constitution. They would be stopped legally in court and this time perhaps fined enough to break them, and imprisoned, for what is contempt of law.

That means a lot of legislation is illegal. Also, I've read some of the writings of a constitutional lawyer here in BC. And not only is legislation not law, but some of it is most definitely illegal as it violates the constitution. And obeying it, or enforcing it, ie a police officer arresting you, is a criminal act, it is illegal enforce something that violates the constitution. And to mindlessly obey it is illegal. And ignorance of the law is not an excuse. I was just following orders, or thought all legislation was legal.

So we really need some good lay workers as lawyers for the people and some clean ups of the corruption, legally.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Renminds me of a few months back when one of the EU contries (Italy or Spain I think?) Made a law to ban Monsato products, and the EU court over ruled them

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What I see in the bill is OPPORTUNITY, meaning that giving a temporary to go for Monsanto to infected the crops in a state before the courts will figure out how to enforce or ban the temporary approval.

So Is not actually braking the law, but giving themselves enough time to push and infect a state with their seeds.

I see that one of the pushers of the law is from GA, interesting that GA is one of the few states that are pro organic farming and farmers have opposed GMO seeds due to the damage it causes on the various seasonal crops plant in the state during cross pollination, also GA is big on honey bees and is now some prof that GMOs can kill bees.

So Jack Kingston (R-Ga knows all this facts and what is going on in GA with organic farming, so I have to say that the man is a corrupted whore pocketing money and pushing this bill in behave of Monspanto.

This politician doesn't give a crap about the Farimers in GA but is following nothing but greed.

edit on 15-7-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Monsanto should just change their name to Umbrella and be done with it. At least then their sinister nature would be appropriately transparent. After all the Monsanto story reads more like fiction anyhow.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As a resident of the state of Georgia, I must say, this sickens me to no end. I don't live in this particular politician's district, so I have no say in whether or not he gets re-elected, but if I did, I would guarantee that he would never get my vote. I think it's about time to throw every one of our elected officials out of office. How much is too much, when does it become treason? In my book they have all committed treason, and need to be put up on trial for it, as an example to anyone who wants to hold a public office. YOU WORK FOR US! If it weren't for the US citizens, you would not be neede in the first place. There should be no such thing as a career politician.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So what is so evil about GMO?

You don't know what's in them?

If we can make food better and healthier for human consumption, and make it so we can grow a lot more food so people won't starve? what's the real problem?

The problem is superstition, and fear mongering.

When you eat a banana, you do realize that it can be considered a GMO? It's not the banana you find in the wild.The banana was cultivated by man over thousands of years in its current form. Yet you'd still eat them.

There is a lot of benefit to GMOs that people refuse to consider out of ignorant superstition, and here is just some of them:

en.wikipedia.org...

But who cares right? Because it's much more fun to starve or be turned into a brain eating zombie.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Georgia

I live in GA in the southern part, we have most of the fields, from pecans to peanuts, cotton, alfalfa, peaches, strawberries, corn and many more, due to the state climate that is why is able to produce different seasonal type of crops.

The northern part of GA is cattle farming, we are one of the few states that raw milk can be sold for pet purposes.

I imagine Con Agra is behind this bill also alone with mospanto as they have the most to gain from experimenting in the state, but taking into consideration that GA farmers are against GMO seeds for obvious reason, using this bill will grant temporary power for GMO to infect pristine land and fields.

Is obvious what the agenda is all about.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Is not about ignorance I have done extensive research on GMOS and is plenty of threads that are full of information and research.

Is also a reason why GA is one of the Few states along with Florida that has been against GMOs seed for years.

GMOs are poison to no only humans but the enviroment.

If GMOs were so great organic farmers will be embracing them and not fighting them, Is a reason why Monsanto is spending millions buying politicians to push bills like this one in order to push their seeds on none compliant states and farmers.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

If we can make food better and healthier for human consumption, and make it so we can grow a lot more food so people won't starve? what's the real problem?

When you eat a banana, you do realize that it can be considered a GMO? It's not the banana you find in the wild.The banana was cultivated by man over thousands of years in its current form. Yet you'd still eat them.

There is a lot of benefit to GMOs that people refuse to consider out of ignorant superstition, and here is just some of them:

en.wikipedia.org...

But who cares right? Because it's much more fun to starve or be turned into a brain eating zombie.

comparing selective breeding to genetically implanting and manipulating genes is pretty lame at best. do some research into monsanto and come back when you know what you're talking about, my god man.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

en.wikipedia.org...

It has absolutely nothing to do with fear mongering, but everything to do with not knowing what is in this stuff, that is upsetting people. NONE of these GMO crops have been studied well enough to know what their effects on humans will be. If studies are performed, and these crops can be proven safe, then I have no problem with them. The problem lies in the fact that these companies are actively subverting our safety measures for our food, by getting laws passed that prevent us from finding out if this stuff is safe or not. They want us to eat this s@#$, not knowing and just take their word the GMO's are safe. Thanks, but no thanks. I want my food to be from nature. Hybridization is also very different from genetically modifying an organism. So your reference to banana's is bunk, they are hybrid not GMO. The major difference being, hybrid crops aren't INJECTED with genes from other organisms that don't belong in the genetic code of the GMO in the first place. Hybridization is a natural process to begin with, it was only sped up by man, not created by them.
edit on 15-7-2012 by georgiaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Mospanto is so deceiving that they have spend millions if not billions fighting the consumer law sue and farmers law sues on the rights to to have GMOs foods label

If GMOs were so healthy and good for the environment and the people why are they fighting to keeping people from knowing what is in the food items they buy?

What is Monspanto hiding?

Monsanto Threatens Lawsuit Over GMO Labeling Bill
naturalsociety.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I was listening to Jeffrey Smith talk about gmo's on coast to coast last night. It was very informative. He said that in California they will be voting on gmo food labeling. He also said, if it passes that most likely monsanto will pull out of Cali so they won't have to expose themselves and if it passes which it really might it will open the doors for other states to do the same and this could be the end of American gmoing and possibly the world. Washington state will most likely have a vote on this issue in November as well and I doubt we will chicken out like a few other states did when threatened with law suits.
Here is his website and it has a newsletter called 'Spilling The Beans' for action alerts and info.:

www.responsibletechnology.org...

I think we can Win this thing!

Yes on Prop 37: Right to Know measure receives prop #
Polls show overwhelming support for GMO labeling

carighttoknow.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

I have donated to the cause because I am a big believer that we the consumer should have the right to know what is in our food and what kind of food to feed our children GMOs are even in certain baby foods items.

The fight is just starting, it is sad when you have this mega corporations well embedded in our government and dictating government policies in Washington

The money flow to whore politicians that will take the poison money is abundant.

I hope we the people get the chance to vote at state level for what is good for us and our children.

It is not corporations like Monspanto and their kind to chose for us what we should eat or not.

If they win we could even get taxed for not buying their poison crap.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

There is a huge difference between breeding things naturally, to be different, ie creating a spartan with a mac and red delicious. I love spartans and can't eat the starch red delicious or the tangy mac. I can only make pies out of macs, but am slightly alergic to the raw tangy part of them, really upset my system. That is intrinsically different than changing the DNA food value and composition and assuming you know best and that we don't need those extra oils or sugars or starches (when we actually do and they have been destroying western diets, we need whole fats, and tons of things they would change) and then mixing the dna with insects.

NO THANK YOU.

So to bypass the fact that by their fruits they are known, they are such evil murderers and slavers by their fruits, and many of them have gone online with their depopulation intentions, so I intend to bypass the risk of eating their foods by sticking with heritage and organic.

Naturally, tailoring a fruit without losing any of the natural food value, or introducing something foreign is good.

I would love to have vines tailored to grow everything in pots, even coconuts, without altering 1 dot or iota of the natural items that food contains.

That to me is appropriate science.

But altering the food itself is not.

When they put things out and tell us something is bad for us, its usually the opposite, its somehting you need 100%, ie real fats, animal fats. Coconut oil and animal fats are the most beneficial to the human body.

Cholesterol is our bodies way of healing our veins and system, I bet they don't tell you that though they most definitely know it. If you have high cholesterol its because something is wrong on your body is healing it. Don't lower the cholesterol or your bodies healing agent but find out whats wrong and treat that. And you know it could be the toxins they are putting in things that are harming you, that is possibly what is wrong.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
I was listening to Jeffrey Smith talk about gmo's on coast to coast last night. It was very informative. He said that in California they will be voting on gmo food labeling. He also said, if it passes that most likely monsanto will pull out of Cali so they won't have to expose themselves and if it passes which it really might it will open the doors for other states to do the same and this could be the end of American gmoing and possibly the world. Washington state will most likely have a vote on this issue in November as well and I doubt we will chicken out like a few other states did when threatened with law suits.
Here is his website and it has a newsletter called 'Spilling The Beans' for action alerts and info.:

www.responsibletechnology.org...

I think we can Win this thing!

Yes on Prop 37: Right to Know measure receives prop #
Polls show overwhelming support for GMO labeling

carighttoknow.org...

that's really a huge step since Cali has such a large economy and grows a great deal of produce, great job fellow Americans keep fighting the good fight!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Isn't it true that farmers must pay fees and go through stringent guidelines to be able to label their produce as organic?

If it is, then why wouldn't GMOs be held to the same standard? And if they aren't (as it looks like they won't be), shouldn't the public at large be asking some cold hard questions about this discrepancy? Incidentally, the only presence Monsanto has in the media are sappy self-promoting ads in which Monsanto tells the public that their "innovations" are brought to us by the "family farmers" or some such nonsense.

What exactly will the breaking point be? Total annihilation? We could argue the finer points of GMOs all day long and get sidetracked by the morality, responsibility or future ramifications of such... but I see the most pressing issue as the abuse of power and manipulation of the system by large corporations. If this sort of behavior continues, where will we be?

If society's problems continue to be diverted into divisive, never-ending arguments, then the source of the problem continues unabated. This is true for everything that is going on in the world right now. And the diversions are apparently very effective. We need to refocus, or there won't be a world to complain about anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join