It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross: Syria Conflict Is Civil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well, it appears that the Free Syrian Army has achieved their goal. The Red Cross has declared Syria to be in a state of civil war which means international humanitarian law has now been applied.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The International Committee of the Red Cross said Sunday it now considers the conflict in Syria to be a full-blown civil war, meaning international humanitarian law applies throughout the country.

Also known as the rules of war, international humanitarian law grants parties to a conflict the right to use appropriate force to achieve their aims, and the Geneva-based group's assessment is an important reference for those parties to determine how much and what type of force they can use. The assessment also can form the basis for war crimes prosecutions, especially if civilians are attacked or detained enemies are abused or killed.

So this law grants parties the right to use appropriate force to achieve their aims? I wonder which party they speak of. They are most likely hinting that the FSA has been given free reign to do what ever they want to topple the Assad regime.

I'm not sure how much jurisdiction The Red Cross has but I'm willing to bet that this will help pave the road for NATO to legitimately join the conflict.

There have been a lot of threads on the Syria recently and many members automatically mistake criticism of the Rebels is support for Assad...this is not the case. Assad is as corrupt as any leader but he has been demonized in the same way that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the point where it's beyond propaganda.

We should all expect things to get even bloodier in Syria but we cannot count on the media to fairly report what's happening because most the massacres are being blamed on Assad forces even though evidence points to a large amount of the destruction being caused by the FSA.

From earlier today:

Blast hits security force bus in Damascus: activists

An explosion hit a security forces' bus in Damascus on Sunday and wounded several people, activists said.

Residents said they heard a powerful blast, followed by the sirens of ambulances rushing toward Damascus's southern ring road near the neighborhood of Midan.

Some activists said more than one member of the security forces was killed in the attack, but others said there were no dead, only wounded.

They said the blast appeared to have been caused by an improvised explosive device that had been stuck onto the bus.

There was no immediate comment from the government.

Then there is the massacre in Homs which was first blamed on Assad but many international organizations are starting to realize that this was most likely done by the FSA.

Then we also have rocket attacks on Lebanon that were most likely done by the FSA since Assad would have nothing to gain from attacking Lebanon.

Syria rocket fire kills 8-year-old boy, wounds five in north Lebanon

An 8-year-old boy was killed and five of his relatives were wounded in north Lebanon Saturday as a result of a rocket attack from Syria, security sources told The Daily Star.

The FSA are just as guilty as Assad's forces in this bloody conflict yet the media is painting these terrorist rebels as freedom fighters who are out to save the Syrian people from the "Evil Assad Regime". Syria wasn't a perfect country but it sure was in a much better position before this conflict began.

Most of us know that the West has had it's eyes set on Syria and Iran for a long while now and it looks like Syria is on the verge of collapse which will lead to another Western backed puppet government installed in to another Middle Eastern country.

Here is a thread I started a while back to shed some light on what some of you are supporting.

Syria: Brutal Torture of a Prisoner by Rebels-This is What the West is Supporting

These regime changes based on lies and deceit need to stop.

We all know how well Libya is doing now after they were "Liberated".
edit on 15-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, before the U.S. became master of the Universe, I would have been more relieved than anything for the change of status. Once upon a time, not more than 15 years ago or so, the U.S. made a very BIG point to avoid Civil Wars like the black plague. It was a very good policy. Still is, for that matter. I'd like nothing more than to see us FOLLOW it now.

Let the two sides fight it out and end this between each other while we sit nearby..and OUT OF IT. We can certainly render aid and humanitarian assistance like the U.S. is actually pretty good at, after the fighting ends. We have absolutely no business of any kind in another nation's internal matters until or unless the internal crosses borders and becomes external. Syria hasn't. We need to back off and back out, IMO. Quickly.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Your outlook on this situation is bang on. The declaration of civil war by the red cross will lead the way for NATO intervention. It was already evident that it was to happen but the green light has just been given. We should expect a whole lot of developments over the next week or so. Something tells me that there will be a war popping off during the Olympics.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think Assad part on this civil war labeling was about...90% or so?

Nobody achieved any goal...except Russia, China and Islamic coallition of Iran and Syria.

Worry not, soon (after a bloody war sadly), the above devils will be put on place.Sure, there are many delusional people here, like Ben91 or The_Proffesional or the OP here that believe Russia and China having some kind of army of supermans and galactic weapons.

They also will shut their muslim loving mouth after the next WW.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

I think Assad part on this civil war labeling was about...90% or so?

How did you come to this conclusion? There was no civil war until the FSA showed up.

Nobody achieved any goal...except Russia, China and Islamic coallition of Iran and Syria.

That is nothing but your opinion with no facts or logic to back it up so I won't waste too much time trying to argue your moot point. Perhaps if you wish to elaborate I will entertain that statement with a bit more attention.

Worry not, soon (after a bloody war sadly), the above devils will be put on place.Sure, there are many delusional people here, like Ben91 or The_Proffesional or the OP here that believe Russia and China having some kind of army of supermans and galactic weapons.

First of all, I think you are responding to the wrong thread. No where did I mention China or Russia or my perception of their military might.

Second, Ben91 and The_Proffesional are two of the most level headed posters on this site who expose the truth and are not so easily fooled by the mainstream media that you have obviously fallen victim to.

Your personal attacks and off topic statements tell me that you are here just to derail.

How soggy were your corn flakes this morning?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Worry not, soon (after a bloody war sadly), the above devils will be put on place.

I;d just like to point out how much horror and death is contained in that 'oh so casual' statement of the war starting and ending. By the time we reach the point where the 'devils' (Which side that is comes from perspective I think) are put in their place, we can be fairly sure we'll be missing several million people in this world who are just normal folk trying to get through their day and pay their bills today. Some in Israel...Iran..Syria..what does it even matter? Ma and Pa raising Junior is about the same picture in Tehran as Tel Aviv as Bangor, Maine, ......and your solution will see millions of them die, very hard.

Excuse me if I am among the camp wanting this war to be short circuited, whatever it takes. Declaring this a CIVIL WAR should have been quite a step in that direction since the UN charter itself is SPECIFIC about how we, in the international community, don't go monkeying with the internal affairs of fellow member states. SO much for following ANY law. Even their own.

top topics

join