It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardian correspondent to Bilderberg speaks out (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Interview with the Guardian's Charlie Skelton who has been correspondent to the Bilderberg meetings for the last 3 years.

First aired on on Sky's 'On the Edge' show, first time I've known a mainstream correspondent to speak out on the secret meetings-

edit on 15-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

could you provide us a catchy quote.. Or any hint as to whens are good part? Theres 4 videos and I dont get much time to watch at the time being.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

First aired on on Sky's 'On the Edge' show,

Its got nothing to do with sky. It is not Sky's 'On the Edge'. Its a media channel that uses the sky platform/service to broadcast its programmes.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Its got nothing to do with sky. It is not Sky's 'On the Edge'. Its a media channel that uses the sky platform/service to broadcast its programmes.

Oh yeah sorry, ignore everything in the video, all irrelevant now!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

could you provide us a catchy quote.. Or any hint as to whens are good part? Theres 4 videos and I dont get much time to watch at the time being.

It wasn't broadcast by Sky as a previou poster pointed out.

Nothing to see in the video as a result.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Don't get so defensive about someone pointing out inconsistencies in your OP.
I also didn't get the impression he was in anyway implying that because you had your facts wrong, that it wasn't worth listening too.
A little knee jerk reaction from you i think, UN-necessary.
And thanks for bringing this here, i would have probably missed it.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm low on bandwifth at the moment so cant watch it all. Can you supply some info as to what these vids contain please

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Don't get so defensive about someone pointing out inconsistencies in your OP.
I also didn't get the impression he was in anyway implying that because you had your facts wrong, that it wasn't worth listening too.
A little knee jerk reaction from you i think, UN-necessary.
And thanks for bringing this here, i would have probably missed it.

Fair enough, it's just you have to question why someone has to be so nit picky when it is the content of the video that matters.

It was broadcast on a Sky channel, hence I put Sky's 'On the Edge'.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Could we get some discussion points and/or quotes from the videos? Few, if any, are going to watch the 2+ hrs of footage.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

I don't really have time to go through again, they cover a lot of stuff

One piece, look up Joseph Retinger for the history of the Bilderberg group. Worked for British intelligence in the war, worked for the unity of Europe, goes to America, joins with Rockerfeller, 'political, financial, intelligence' agency is molded post world war two, into what develops as Bilderberg. (part 2).

Too much to cover, you'd be best watching one part whenever you can and take some notes of names etc to build up your own POV.

It's interesting stuff IMO.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Could we get some discussion points and/or quotes from the videos? Few, if any, are going to watch the 2+ hrs of footage.

I've tried threads were I 'do the work' and people don't respond and no interest is shown. I'm almost reluctant to invest energy when perhaps it is better to let people watch it themselves in parts and do their own research from the names that pop up etc throughout the interview.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Very interesting interview, Wonderer2012! Thanks for posting it

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I've not gotten through all the videos but one thing I would like to point out before going too far is that this man says himself that he's not a proper journalist .. he's a hobbyist who's interested in this and was surprised to find no proper journalists at these meetings.. "where's the press?" he said as he looked around .. his words..

I just think that's important because the post makes it sound like a mainstream journalist is speaking out when he, to his own admission, is nothing of the sort.

With that said.. in the first 15-20 minutes I've seen so far.. he's an interesting guy with an interesting take .. he brings up good points.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I've not gotten through all the videos but one thing I would like to point out before going too far is that this man says himself that he's not a proper journalist .. he's a hobbyist who's interested in this and was surprised to find no proper journalists at these meetings.. "where's the press?" he said as he looked around .. his words..

I just think that's important because the post makes it sound like a mainstream journalist is speaking out when he, to his own admission, is nothing of the sort.

With that said.. in the first 15-20 minutes I've seen so far.. he's an interesting guy with an interesting take .. he brings up good points.

en.wikipedia.org...

Although he has worked for the Guardian as a journalist and in 2009 was at Bilderberg working for or at least on behalf of the Guardian. That's what Wiki says, I'll be honest I hadn't heard of him before seeing the interview.

The interview would have ben better had the interviewer not interupted him as much as he did.

EDIT-

www.guardian.co.uk...

So he did work for the Guardian, he was there working, not as a hobbyist. I think he may have just been taking the piss out of himself by saying he wasn't a proper journalist

edit on 16-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

It is not a Sky Channel.

You do not seem to understand how the sky service works.

All the channels broadcast on the sky service are not owned by SKY.

Most Channels pay Sky so that sky will broadcast them on their platform.

If you have enough money you can pay sky and they will broadcast your channel on their platform and you can churn out any rubbish you want.

It seems to be of some importance to you and the video maker that this was broadcast on the SKy platform. This is the same platform that has many channels dedicated to women getting undressed and waiting for you to phone them.
I imagine the majority of users of the sky platform rarely leave the main channels which are around 101 -145.

It would may much more beneficial if you gave a proper summary of the videos you have posted and informed us of the most interesting points raised in the videos. As already pointed out most people will not have time or the inclination to watch very long random video material because you think we should. If you gave some proper information many more people would probably view the material.

You are in fact very lucky the thread is still open as most threads which post random videos without any proper detail or information are generally binned. It is part of thread requirements you post some details of the information contained within the videos.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

It is not a Sky Channel.

You do not seem to understand how the sky service works.

All the channels broadcast on the sky service are not owned by SKY.

Most Channels pay Sky so that sky will broadcast them on their platform.

If you have enough money you can pay sky and they will broadcast your channel on their platform and you can churn out any rubbish you want.

It seems to be of some importance to you and the video maker that this was broadcast on the SKy platform. This is the same platform that has many channels dedicated to women getting undressed and waiting for you to phone them.
I imagine the majority of users of the sky platform rarely leave the main channels which are around 101 -145.

It would may much more beneficial if you gave a proper summary of the videos you have posted and informed us of the most interesting points raised in the videos. As already pointed out most people will not have time or the inclination to watch very long random video material because you think we should. If you gave some proper information many more people would probably view the material.

You are in fact very lucky the thread is still open as most threads which post random videos without any proper detail or information are generally binned. It is part of thread requirements you post some details of the information contained within the videos.

At the end of the day, the video is what it is. A video from a former Guardian journalist who attended Bilderberg. The video is an interview with him saying what he thinks about it.

If you want to watch it, be my guest.

If not, then good for you.

I know sky had nothing to do with the production of the show neither do they own the channel, but it was still broadcast by a channel that is on the Sky service. It was broadcast on Sky 'channel 200', if you pay for the Sky service, if you put on channel 200, that is the channel it was on.

new topics

top topics

join