It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration grants Fla. access to database to verify voter rolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
story from The Hill
July 15, 2012

It looks like the Federales in Washington D.C. will comply with that court order from last month and provide access to the DHS national database that will help Florida purge ineligible "voters" from their rosters.

The Obama administration has agreed to let Florida use a national law enforcement database to purge residents suspected of not being U.S. citizens from their voter rolls.

The decision was announced in a letter to state GOP Gov. Rick Scott, who has pushed for Florida to receive access to the Homeland Security (DHS) registry of noncitizen residents, the Associated Press first reported

The administration had blocked Florida’s request for access to the database for months, but the decision to allow access was spurred by a court decision in another voting-rights case in favor of the state...[article continues]

I wonder if they will try to "amend" certain information in the database ??

Eric Holder and many other Administration officials fought this tooth and nail, as well as efforts in favor of voter I.D. laws.

Oh well.

Lots of controversy with this now.

Related thread about the court ruling;
Federal Judge Rebuffs Justice Department, Says Florida May Correct Its Voting Rolls

edit on Jul-15-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Maybe this time they will manage to kick people off who do not belong instead of people who do which is all they have managed to do so far.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Maybe this time they will manage to kick people off who do not belong instead of people who do which is all they have managed to do so far.

Basically this. There is no problem legitimately knocking off ineligible voters, because I'm sure mistakes happen. However, when your tactics start to remove more eligible voters than ineligible ones, there is a huge problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'll bet Florida is so far to the end of their ropes on all this, they'd be happy with observers from any official direction if it made everyone happier about it.

Every state needs to do this though, for housekeeping if nothing else. We talk about eligible or registered voters in this nation like it's a figure with meaning. The files and rolls are so screwed up from decades of adding and almost never removing...definitely never re-screening long after...it's chaos. Florida's hunt through their rolls should show this and sure was starting to when Justice had kittens and told them to stop before more was shown to the public.

Let's see HOW screwed up Florida really has been, now that the whole world will be watching to one level or another and this is anything but a routine flushing of the files at this point. I'll bet by the end, we all come to realize we don't have a system...we have a mess that had been holding together by sheer force of will and corruption as much as anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That would be because Florida is a swing state and we have seen the administration constantly attack states who want immigration laws enforced, which in turn lower the number of illegal votes going to the Democrats.

Florida.....
Texas.....
Arizona....

All 3 states have been tied up by the administration in court over laws they have passed... Then we have California, which oficaly made themselves a defacto sanctuary state, who have seen no challeneges from the feds...

go figure..

I would like to buy the Federal judge who ruled against Holder a beer.

top topics

join