It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY Meaning of life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Over time, many have pondered what the meaning of life is. What is it? Life? Death? Love? Or any number of other possibilities.

I have been wondering as well. And I believe that we have found a rather valid possible answer.

My answer (note, I say MY answer, because the meaning of life is in fact different for each person, it most likely is not your answer) is 'to wait'.

Simple as that, waiting. Why waiting? Because it is what every man woman and child do throughout their lives.

From the womb we wait, wait to be born. People wait for us to walk, to talk, to be toilet trained. Our parents wait for school to start, we wait for it to finish. We wait for weekends, yet we wait for work so we can wait for our pay.

We then wait for the right woman (or any woman). We wait for maternity tests. We wait for our children to leave home. We wait to retire. And ultimately we wait to die.

Anyone have any comments reagarding my meaning of life?

P.S. I am not suicidal, I do not willingly wait for death.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The meaning of life is life itself...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Many people say it is 'life itself'. But what aspect of life?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
Many people say it is 'life itself'. But what aspect of life?

All aspects, perhaps? I don't know, I used to have big issues with the meaning of life and what it might be, but when you ponder such things for a long time, you're wasting time you could use just enjoying it I think. I believe life is proof that you can love and enjoy something you dont understand.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Before I think of a meaning for all life, I think of purpose, as in what is our own, individually and/or entirely. If you think of other species in the world, if one becomes extinct, it is known that another that 'depends' on it for survival will also become extinct, so on and so forth. So how does this relate to our purpose, if at all? Well, by following this logic, if we are not dependant by something else, then certainly we are not of this world. Thus, our meaning is not of this world.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
Over time, many have pondered what the meaning of life is. What is it? Life? Death? Love? Or any number of other possibilities.

I have been wondering as well. And I believe that we have found a rather valid possible answer.

My answer (note, I say MY answer, because the meaning of life is in fact different for each person, it most likely is not your answer) is 'to wait'.

Simple as that, waiting. Why waiting? Because it is what every man woman and child do throughout their lives.

From the womb we wait, wait to be born. People wait for us to walk, to talk, to be toilet trained. Our parents wait for school to start, we wait for it to finish. We wait for weekends, yet we wait for work so we can wait for our pay.

We then wait for the right woman (or any woman). We wait for maternity tests. We wait for our children to leave home. We wait to retire. And ultimately we wait to die.

Anyone have any comments reagarding my meaning of life?

P.S. I am not suicidal, I do not willingly wait for death.

Maybe it's to be tolerant or patient...??

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The meaning of life is to live

Although what is meant by to live can mean many different things

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
interesting philosophy of life is to wait. Personally I believe the meaning of life is sex, to create new life, to leave the next generation with something better. But I do like that to wait stuff, it sounds interesting.

top topics

join