It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpest ever view of Orion Nebula

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

According to exopolitics, for those who believe in aliens, Some million years ago Nordics and Draconian fighted for the control of the nebula. It was all about colonization, and the nebula was providing new, your stars with dust around them (possibility of planet formation). You have to dig very deep in alien stuff.
edit on 16-7-2012 by swan001 because: I hate self-correcting keyboards.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

What? I do not understand your post. Were you referring to my irish side? I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Why is it that some people see images in these things and others don't? This puzzles me. I'm wondering if some of us see things different and are told to suppress this sight. From past experiences of people, seeing things in pictures and inkblots would show someone crazy. Maybe the world is not so random as we are led to believe. Maybe all shapes form in certain shapes and only a few can recognize this. When I look up into the sky at night, do I see what others see?

I took a test on the site from another thread about four sensors of the eye instead of three. I finished the test easily, putting all the colors in the right place. It was so evident where they belonged, anybody could do that, the contrasts were easy to see. I didn't enter my test for grading because I thought the person creating this theory is probably nuts and trying to get support of their theory. Maybe that person and the ones they hang around with and choose to test all have limited eyesight. Our brains adapt to filtering out things so we can fit into society. Society states we have to fit within the norm they create.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

This is just stage lights and smoke from George Burns smoking his cigar.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Found a triangle on the 385mb tiff pic. Problably nothing ,but looks strange.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The Orion Nebula offers one of the best opportunities to study how stars are born partly because it is the nearest large star-forming region, but also because the nebula's energetic stars have blown away obscuring gas and dust clouds that would otherwise block our view - providing an intimate look at a range of ongoing stages of starbirth and evolution.

It is a beautiful picture of God's handy work, but it is not how stars are born as that is a hypothesis of the evolutionary belief that things evolved into better things.

Which is contrary to the laws of physics which everything is winding down and getting worse, now that we see.

In all the recorded history of watching the heavens man has never not even once recorded a star being formed.

In all studies gas in outer space does not condense unto itself but as the statement says above it moves away from the central point of origin.

It would take a new energy source to make the momentum that is exhibited now into the angular momentum of a star, this energy would have to act equally upon every atom to make this star happen.

Which it is not going to.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just want to show where ill found it. You problably have to download the 385 mb pic to see it without pixelation.

edit on 16-7-2012 by Nedroj because: Smaller pic

edit on 16-7-2012 by Nedroj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
....Tommy Chong, lower right.

I always wonder if the colors are true as well. Are the retouchers held to stringent guidelines regarding no embellishment and so forth? Where does the color information come from? Gorgeous picture regardless!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by elevenaugust

That is fascinating. I always see those gassy clouds and wonder what the universe smells like. Does it smell like the air after a fireworks show ? Is there a smell ?

Appearently our galaxy´s centre smells like rumand tastes like a raspberry, because it containes this specific chemical, that gives raspberries their smell.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This image is awesome in the most absolute sense of the word. All the more so when you realise just how old, and how tenuous the life of the Hubble telescope is. At times it looked like being completely scrapped, but luckily some plucky persons flew to space and affixed new parts, giving it a new lease of life.

It makes me shudder to think that the funding for such projects is on the wane because of the global economic collapse. Without our ability to examine and enquire, we would never see these gorgeous things, or be able to speculate upon them. Let us be clear, we can see here in this image, the birth of stars and star systems, the very origins of what may turn out in the eons to come, to be something very like our own solar system. And but for the genius and bravery of a few people, these images would never have reached us.

Something to think about I think.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sometimes when I look out over the ocean I see no sign of life...
Yet I know inside every drop there is a cosmos of creatures...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Most of it is Hydrogen -- no smell.

But that occluding dust -- lot's of silicon and iron and such. So like dirt, rust -- whatever. It probably depends on where your nose is sampling and what it's interacting with at the time. Since you breathe oxygen -- most of those chemicals would probably be either inert or toxic in our atmosphere.

So there really is no good answer.

It's just awe inspiring to me -- the vastness of time and space, and from another perspective, how our Universe acts like shadow plays in the remains of some explosion -- over in an instant.

I get a vast feeling of loneliness when I look out at the stars -- like there is something out there going on that I'm never going to be part of.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I've seen some replies about people seeing stuff in it. None of which I myself could see. So I don't put much into anything that might resemble anything in this picture.
But am I the only one who sees something that looks like the head and neck off a chinese dragon, very 3D, spitting fire/water/smoke out into the cosmos?

It's on upper left side of the picture, and it is almost in profile. The golden/yellow/brown-ish bit is the mouth, the long blue streak underneath the throat and neck down to the chest, and the very dark birts above the mouth shows the top features of the head, including a very scary eye. Hehehe..

Either way.. I guess everyone will see something if they want to or are asked - like a rorschach.
But just wanted to hear if I am the only one seeing it?

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Damn nature...

You're scary...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If you look closely at the central point, you will see clearly a spherical shaped "Star/Sun" that has exploded, but for some reason it looks like the curvature at some points is still retained for some reason? It's extremely strange actually, and I wasn't really ready to see this kind of detail.

It's bizarre how it's shaped in my opinion, almost anomalous compared to our limited knowledge on this particular subject (nebulae and novae).
edit on 16-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I saw this image when it was first released back in 01/06 and after studying it for a little while I began to see some very astounding images of various beings in it. The entire image seems to be an abstract portrait that is conveying a message of sorts or at least a glimpse of things going on in the supernatural/spiritual world. I have shown this picture to numerous people since that time and without fail they have all seen the highly detailed images of the various beings within it and for the most part all have been amazed and dumbfounded by it.

If you look at the picture as a whole you will notice that there is a vortex of light or energy that has it's focal point near the center of the portrait. Within this vortex ( but to the right of the focal point ) are the images of 3 persons, one appears to be a young man another appears to be a middle-aged man and the 3rd is an elderly white haired man. The 3 persons images overlap each other to a certain degree and it leads me to believe that they are the same person at various stages of their life. To the right of the 3 persons is a large image of a skull with it's tongue out and being held by the thumb and forefinger of a fairly grotesque hand. These things and many others present in the picture are highly detailed and accurate depictions and are readily seen if looked for.

I really don't have a clue what the message of the portrait is but I am convinced that it was purposely put there by a supernatural entity.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tulahen
looks weird to be just some dirt on the lens, no?

edit on 15-7-2012 by tulahen because: (no reason given)

I remember the ATS thread on this object, must be wanted seen

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

But am I the only one who sees something that looks like the head and neck off a chinese dragon, very 3D, spitting fire/water/smoke out into the cosmos?

Yeah I see it too, easily once you mentioned it. And tons of other totally bizarre shapes that remind me of various things.

But we can do this with most natural randomized layouts. Just look at the stains on your wall, or if you have wood, look at the markings on it. You will see....tons of strange shapes that are sort of familiar, and if you are really superstitious it could become frightening I would suppose. I am under the impression it is due to the wiring of our brains and the tendency to associate everything. Pareidolia as they call it.
edit on 16-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Very beautiful. I get a very homely feeling when looking at pictures of our crazy vast universe. Here is a picture of one of my favorites the ant nebula

edit on 16-7-2012 by multidimesonalism because: pic too large

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by multidimesonalism

These are my favourites :

Herbig Haro Objects

The scale bar at the bottom represents 1000AU ( 1 AU = 149 598 000 KM )

So you can just about imagine how big these things really are

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join