It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyundai Elantra Zombie Survival Machine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Designed by Robert Kirkman, creator of the popular comic book series "The Walking Dead," Hyundai unveiled the Hyundai Elantra Zombie Survival Machine at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con.

autos.yahoo.com...

They know something we don't. The zombie apocalypse has started. The face eaters are a prime example.

Suitable for all your post-apocalyptic, zombie splattering needs. Try a straight on run at 45 mph , and see how a zombie is ripped into shreds! The spikes in the front are sure to cause loss of legs, which will impede the unlucky zombie from stalking you further on foot.

Or perhaps you'd care a sideswiping action and dismember their legs with the wheel spikes? Ahh yes, sweet zombie access denial!

The quick escape hatch on top is for those unsavory moments when you are overrun by the most troublesome zombie crowds, and it's do or die. Be sure to crush a few of them in the hatch doors with the remote hatch opener/closer. The hydraulics are strong enough to mangle.

Once you have secured a safe location, be sure and download DayZ for ArmaII-OA:Combined Operations. You'll get all the practice you need to survive in zombie world!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Sarcasm?

Pretty neat looking car though. It would probably be useless because even if you clear out a decent path, there will still be persistent zombies that will eventually derail you.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I'll take an F-150 over this any day.

Cool look though, wonder if they're going to some how put this in the TV show...never read the graphic novels, so I don't know if the characters designed/created some sort of zombie trail blazer. Don't know if they would have chosen this particular car, considering they have the pick of the litter in that TV program.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Add flamethrowers, a couple of internal chainsaw racks, an electrified shell, and some "To serve and protect" stickers, just for the comedy factor (hell the police do it), and some BFG's, and ill buy one.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

there are so many things wrong with this.

first of all, its a car.

cars are LOUD, and require maintenance, gasoline, battery, etc.

they are not built to last, especially if your constantly running over zombies.

ride a bike, or walk. = win.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It has a weak spot though:
The radiator grill will quickly become clogged with rotten flesh, guts, rags, claws, hairs and pus, the engine will overheat and explode, painfully killing its inhabitants who'll never get the chance of becoming immortal zombies

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
It has a weak spot though:
The radiator grill will quickly become clogged with rotten flesh, guts, rags, claws, hairs and pus, the engine will overheat and explode, painfully killing its inhabitants who'll never get the chance of becoming immortal zombies

zombies are not immortal lol

if you damage them enough, they cease to function.

immortal = get hit by car, and walk away like it never happened.

peace.
edit on 15-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Still say all ya need are a bunch of inward facing treadmills around your home and a few well placed shots

all ya need

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Meh...

The only way to beat the bath salt zombies... is ... with... this beast!

They will follow it anywhere. Those dastardly beasts.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
North America is going to be one hell of a scene in the future.
We are seriously setting ourselves up for a scenario that one would "only see in the movies".
Am I really the only person who sees this? For now sure it's a big running joke, haha yeah...
but the second a real conflict begins, and every single little 'toy' we have is thrown into the battle.
This being a prime example of what could be utilized.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
immortal = get hit by car, and walk away like it never happened.

I'm seriously immortal, twice?? hahah. Yes, it's happened twice.
The third time i'm pretty sure will kill me though.
edit on 15-7-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Are you saying you really believe zombies are about to be set upon humanity?

I think I'll need a car like the one in the OP, but not for protection from zombies.. there will be all sorts of crazy running around soon, paranoid about the paranoia they are paranoid about...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Are you saying you really believe zombies are about to be set upon humanity?

I think I'll need a car like the one in the OP, but not for protection from zombies.. there will be all sorts of crazy running around soon, paranoid about the paranoia they are paranoid about...

God no. Do I sound that crazy here??

I'm saying that if a civil war broke out or a real SHTF scenario occured that people would become crafty and use things of this nature, and i'm sure they'd be out mounting .50 cals onto dune buggys and armor plated schoolbuses.

Zombies are a metaphor for such a scenario, not a real thing.
Just to clear that up so you don't think i'm THAT crazy.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Haha I drive that car, nice to see it actually look decent
I can copy the design when the actual zombie apocalypse hits.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Meh...

The only way to beat the bath salt zombies... is ... with... this beast!

They will follow it anywhere. Those dastardly beasts.

lol Just add salt...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

God no. Do I sound that crazy here??

I'm saying that if a civil war broke out or a real SHTF scenario occured that people would become crafty and use things of this nature, and i'm sure they'd be out mounting .50 cals onto dune buggys and armor plated schoolbuses.

Zombies are a metaphor for such a scenario, not a real thing.
Just to clear that up so you don't think i'm THAT crazy.

yet one small splice of the wrong gene and poof

zombies

could happen

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Whew, you can never be too sure around here :-)

Mad Max scenarios I can understand!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
That model of Hyundai as sold in Mexico is called the Attitude, no kidding. I have never seen one with that accessory package before though but that would certainly be befitting of the Attitude model name. Perhaps they could call that the Major Attitude package. Looks like it could be very popular with police and cartel groups alike. They are sold here through the Dodge dealerships who do supply a lot of police vehicles.

The car may not be immortal but Hyundai has the best warranty in the business - 10 years on the drive train. Because of their reputation for durability some people refer to Hyundai/Kia's as being "bullet-proof" but I think that is just a figure of speech, though this one appears that it might actually be true.

Who knows what people may turn into if they keep eating GMO foods? These could be the car options of the future. S&F.

edit on 15-7-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I sell auto parts for a living. Hyundai Elantras needing parts are fairly common.

You want mechanical reliability? A Jeep with a 4.0L engine. I hardly ever sell parts for those, and its a very common engine.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Its funny, Kirtman seems to REALLY like Hyundais. They are featured prominently in the series "walking Dead". Somebody chooses a hyundai over a classic mustang as their survival car. I dont get it.

A hyundai would be about my LAST choice as a survival car.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join