It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Don't Know [SNIP]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
After a lot of time spent contemplating and researching various philosophic and spiritual concepts, I have disocvered something. Frankly, we don't know #. What I mean is this. I research endlessly, expecting to find some definitive answer on things. In the end, what I find is various people making educated guesses, the best of which are guided by logic. In other words, noone seems to really KNOW about anything.

Everyone seems to have some education, and make their best guess based on logic. Well guess what? This is what I do too! In other words, I am in no less of a position to theorize about anything, the nature of reality and so forth, than anyone else. I'm just takign in the knowledge I have available to me, which is fairly expansive. I'm just using my intelligence and logic, which is fairly well developed. After all of this, I develop a theory. One might think this is just 'some theory,' not entirely legitimate. But guess what? If you look into all the other theories...everyone else is doing the same thing. Noone KNOWS #, really.
edit on 15-7-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed profanity from title

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

realtalk!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
That's why I always laugh when someone tells me, "Do your own research!" You can't research unless there are facts to research. It's all speculation, and nothing more. A lot of contradictions, too, which makes it even worse.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

maybe it is a concept or system of the spiritual realm to stay hidden or there is no interest of it to enlighten the living ? i guess, it could be a system of power which needs the secrecy.

edit on 15-7-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I posted this before but it applies so ill copy/paste it here too
I don't think this is true. Most treat predictions and theories like a game. You are not going to win every one but the process is fun none the less. It is more like a hobby for enjoyment, I suspect some get a feeling of euphoria while researching and connecting the dots, seeing patterns etc... sometimes it is not the destination that matters but the journey. This does not mean we don't know # just that we do not know all the #. Im not sure about you but I learn a lot from reading all these, because real information and facts are always contained within theories that can be useful knowledge for life in general.
edit on 15-7-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: added more

edit on 15-7-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: added reply to.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Cool, how did that get through the censor filter. Can we swear in the titles now ?

Back On Topic :-

I agree mostly that we don't really know what's going on - we can only speculate and theorize based on personal experiences and knowledge handed down through the ages.

That's why I'm a big advocate of inducing altered states of consciousness for the purpose of spiritual development. Sometimes you just have to get out of your head in order to grasp the enormity of what all this sh.t is about. (self-censored)

Peace Out

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

The only thing that can be truly known is that at least one thing exists.
And that one thing could very well be #.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I believe there are pearls of wisdom in your words. I feel the same way, except I give far more credence to people who have gained their experiences, opinions, insights, conclusions, from outside the institutional framework. Those within the "Box", are exactly that.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Jim Morrison knew #.....

...No one here gets out alive.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The lay claim that because you personally do not not know something automatically certifies that no one can possibly know it either is a position of ego on a destructive scale, never mind neutral or progressive. It is the death spiral direction of spiritual and mental processes that easily obtains inertia that will probably never be able to be stopped or reversed. Typically such a death is indicated by this same person no longer willing to look forward to taking in new music. They stop advancing in many more things and soon the music listened to becomes "the oldies", becoming the only realm in which they dwell.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I know for 100% certainty that I don't know everything!

Thats the damn truth!

Doesn't get any more real than that.

Nice title by the way.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
After a lot of time spent contemplating and researching various philosophic and spiritual concepts, I have disocvered something. Frankly, we don't know #. What I mean is this. I research endless, expecting to find some definitive answer on things. In the end, what I find is various people making educated guesses, the best of which are guided by logic. In other words, noone seems to really KNOW about anything.

Everyone seems to have some education, and make their best guess based on logic. Well guess what? This is what I do too! In other words, I am in no less of a position to theorize about anything, the nature of reality and so forth, than anyone else. I'm just taklng in the knowledge I have available to me, which is fairly expansive. I'm just using my intelligence and logic, which is fairly well developed. After all of this, I develop a theory. One might thing this is just 'some theory,' not entirely legitimatel. But guess what? If you look into all the other theories...everyone else is doing the same thing. Noone KNOWS #, really.

?Have you tried researching the deeper truths of the left hand path. I have found them to be most instructive and enlightening to the causes of life, the universe and everything. I myself have gained knowledgeable secret mysteries by pursuing the underground alternative. Keep searching is my best advice, for it is life's quest.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Explanation: St*rred!

Yes I know that ... Rene Descartes Also Knew ... So did Socrates!

Socrates " I Know ... That I know NOTHING!"

Descartes " I Think ... Therefor I AM!"

The ONLY thing YOU can Prove is that you yourself exist .. and you can only prove that to yourself!

EVERYTHING Else ..is conjecture i.e. various levels of belief!

If members do not set out their threads with a common agreed reality of COURSE there will be useless debates.

Personal Disclosure: Also I don't believe in facts ... I KNOW THEM!

WHY???

Because I TEST my theories in such a way as to falsify them.

For example ... I often ask people will they take a "NO!" for an answer ...

If they hesitate,... they are trying to squirm out from answering! That means they fail the test.

If they answer NO they wont take a "NO!" for an answer they are clearly unreasonable and they fail the test.

If they answer YES they wil take a "NO!" for an answer then they pass that test ... but only that test and they may have lied [in which case they did fail the test] or may have changed attitudes in the mean time.

Thats all ok ... I can ask them again at any time ... to retest them.

Try testing gravity out by dropping something onto your foot! If the object falls onto your foot and creates pain then you just learned some facts ok.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You are completely right, Everything is really just guesses and we might never find out the whole real 100% truth in our lifetime, Maybe our next or the next one after that... Some come pretty close but never fully there. Only a fool thinks he knows everything

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The worst part, that some people actually believe THEY have the truth and no one else, or no other group, no other religion when your dead on op : we don't know sht.

Like my sig, truth is just a point of view for a fool and we could all be fools, no one knows for sure.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
What I know - is that we are not supposed to know #.

Thats why we try so hard =)

And you are right- we do our best to try to figure things out based on logic.
But logic doesnt seem to go hand in hand in todays society.

So I think in order to gain any sort of truth- you just have to think of what isnt logical, and then you are on the right path.

I dont think ANYONE on this planet really knows '#'.

Its just one big game of chess if you ask me.

Great Post.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I know I am! But when i look to find what I am - I cannot separate myself from this.
What is this?

edit on 15-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
We only know our desires and passions.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The Universe reveals itself to people in different ways. Reality and truth is not singular. It's all based on perception and interpretation. Language itself is not capable of expressing the true nature of reality.

Everyone makes their own best attempts at describing what they perceive to be their reality. But no matter who it is it will always fall short of expressing it completely.

Not to mention that everything is in a constant state of flux. Forever changing with every second of every day. What you thought was your reality a week ago is no longer your reality today.

We as humans know a lot actually. We just don't know everything and I'm OK with that. What is it you want to know? If you're seeking metaphysical answers outside yourself then maybe you're not looking in the right place.

If you're seeking scientific answers within yourself. Again maybe you should seek to consult a professional in the field of knowledge your question pertains to. To say we don't anything is lazy at best and it just means you haven't applied yourself to the best of your abilities yet.

Perhaps your reasons are due to a lack of trust in yourself or a lack of faith in Spirit. If you really want to know then your journey begins here. If all you care about is the getting to the final destination then you're journey ends now. Try a little harder next time and maybe you will actually know a little something.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Know thyself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join