It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Painted this in 1992, what do you think?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6
reply to post by nimbinned

I've got this one but its a completely different theme.

Title:
Warning 1995

Ooooh, I love this one! I have had a lot of dreams where there were multiple tornados "zotting" down like you have drawn them in this painting. Very nice! How big is it?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just noticed the bearded man/ alien head on the surface of mars... was that deliberate or is it just my mind?
The imagery reminds me of the rendevous with Rama book for some reason....not sure why.

Lovely artwork

edit on 15/7/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thankyou for all your replies.
I will try to answer as many questions as possible.

I'd like to talk with you about using your painting on the cover of a book that will be published soon. I haven't made enough posts to use the private chat service, but here is my email if you'd like to discuss it;

g2v12, Thankyou for your comment, I really think I will be keeping "The Riddle" as an original one off. Like I said previously its hard to get a decent photo without taking it out of the frame. I have not got a lot of money either and to get prints of it made would cost a fair bit that I don't have right now. I could design something else for your book though if you want, you can PM me here if you want to talk about it.
The original might be for sale if anyone had the money but you would be looking at buying the rights to it as well and they wouldn't come cheap.

I'll buy a print for my music room...and don't bother with any explanation.

rival, sorry but its the same answer as above when it comes to prints for now anyway. Thanks for your comments anyway

Ooooh, I love this one! I have had a lot of dreams where there were multiple tornados "zotting" down like you have drawn them in this painting. Very nice! How big is it?

gwynnhwyfar, thanks for your comments, I used to have dreams of tornado's all the time too, thats what made me want to paint it. "Warning" is approximately 18" x 14" inches in size. "The Riddle" is approximately 60cm x 45cm.

I just noticed the bearded man/ alien head on the surface of mars... was that deliberate or is it just my mind?

IAmD1, I didn't paint a face on mars on purpose. But its cool that you see it there.
Thanks for commenting.
edit on 16-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

All I need is a JPEG with good res. because I am using Gimp-2 to format the cover design for electronic publishing, so it won't cost you.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

WOW!
I think that painting looks amazing

I would love to have something like that on the wall at home.
Please keep on painting since you will probably do some works that will blow the mind of the observer.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yeah I've decided not to let the images of my painting to be used for anything, unless they purchase the original image and by doing so they will get the right to redistribute the image as they wish. To redistribute or copy the image other than for personal use would therefore be copyright unless you have ownership of the original.
Also I would probably put in a clause that said that any time the image was reproduced for any purpose that it had to say who the artist was.

People will probably think I'm nuts now, but I have a whole book of my own yet to be published and I don't even have the money to pay the bills. So I'd rather have some good hard cashola.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Well why not.
Your work your rules.
Though personally I think art should be free since it is good and stimulating for the mind and soul.
I also paint and make sculptures, but I always give everything away for free. If someone sees it and likes it, I say, here take it and enjoy.
But you need to make money to the bills, no question about that.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by R6A6W6

Well why not.
Your work your rules.
Though personally I think art should be free since it is good and stimulating for the mind and soul.
I also paint and make sculptures, but I always give everything away for free. If someone sees it and likes it, I say, here take it and enjoy.
But you need to make money to the bills, no question about that.

You are dead right when you say it should be free and I've given away a lot of art work before too. I guess I'm just saying I have always given given given and now that I'm flat broke, its time to get something back.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

And that decision is your right my friend.
Not meaning to criticize you.
perhaps my things are just not as good as yours and no one is willing to pay anyway

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm not even after money or fame here, just enough for my wife and I to get by on and as for fame I would rather stay anonymous.
Also this painting we are talking about "The Riddle" has a lot of special meaning for me, its a huge part of who I am and where I'm coming from. If anyone had wanted to use any of my other images, I'd say fine.
Anyway I am still yet to tell y's all my full story here on ATS, the book "Society Beckons You" is a large part of that story, but all that will be for a different thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wow, I love it!! This is awesome!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Nice, i remember doing a drawing back in 88' that was a drawing of the "World Police", i'll see if i can find it and post it up!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
We obviously have a similar view. . .great work!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Looks like there's a little craft zooming into the black hole, and right about now I'm wishing I was on it...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Nice. I've got a question. I started painting the Orionhubble photo last night from this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would you paint the entire canvas black first and then layer it? Or would you leave the brighter areas untouched? I tried layering it but there must be a drying time involved so the colors don't mix. Using acrylic.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It looks like the Universe is a giant A-hole and we are just "Farts in the Wind', other than the rip off of a Kansas lyric, I do not see anything.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Reminds me of the opening of the old twilight zone series. There's a signpost up ahead.....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Looks a bit like the Death Star...

*Lucass readies his lawyers*

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Yeah art should be free.
The art my dentist does should be free too.
The art of the guy in the kitchen in the Italian restaurant down the street should be too.
Unfortunately the artists in each of these situations feels differently.
My son is an artist. A painter. He gets paid for his art. ( too little, but, I digress.)
My husband is an artist too, a cabinet maker. He gets paid for his art.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

If you are using water based paints then I would paint the whole thing black first. If using oils then do it the other way around because oils dry really slowly and they will just smear or smudge. But water based paints dry very fast so you can layer lighter colours on top of darker ones. Acrylic is the best paint for layering like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join