It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Painted this in 1992, what do you think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
look at mah post >.< i edited

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^_^

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

edit again: the giant face in space, its eyes and mouth are also wormholes. why? hmm?

Yes I did paint the two eyes like wormholes. But even better than that I used a shinier kind of very black paint that makes it almost appear that the eyes are following you. Or maybe that the eyes are soulless.

I'm also hearing a lot of great ideas coming from people that I didn't purposely put into it, which is great

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
My kind of work............love your painting, quite similar to what I do..............always love the surreal and weird collaboration of a mixed up world, universe.....etc

Top left appears to be some kind of wormhole, well in my eyes anyway.........

Bottom left seems to be the brother of The Scream, by the expressionist painter Edvard Munch....

But I like it very much...............

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I like it as well. I was immediately drawn to the bottom left like other posters, but not for the face. The colors in that area remind me of the Firefox logo. Funny how people see what they want to see, without even knowing that's what they're looking for. Excellent detail in this as well...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Yes you picked it up as well. I did have some influence from Munch on the face for sure.

Good observation I had known about Munch's "The Scream" at the time of painting it and I was trying to give the face the impression of a scream. But it wasn't the whole purpose of the face.

edit on 15-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Omg you just made me realise thats 20 years ago now, and yes it does still have a modern feel to it for sure

What are you trying to hide there mr Nasa!! I see you photoshopped out something in the lower right corner

Its my signature lol
Funny comment though

Hehe cheers.. I thought it would be a bit funny seeing as google sky is accused of blacking out blocks of space.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I like it a lot.
and it's as confusing as reality.
i mean that in a good way. Because what the heck IS reality?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Yeah your dead right with NASA editing images
A funny side note on that is, I added the words SHOEMAKER LEVY 9 in 1994 lol. So I did actually edit the painting somewhere. Oh yea that's Jupiter and Shoemaker levy 9 up in the top right hand corner.

Another new take you could put into it is the big star bottom right is the centre of the galaxy and is sending out a superwave towards the solar system. Not that that's what I had in mind.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Could be me but is that a face inside the red planet in the center. And where did your black hole lead when you originally drew this? Very creative and intriguing...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MbretM

Looks great..wired

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Alien (1979) In Space No One Can Hear You Scream

I like how it's so chaotic, which is of course the opposite to outer space (mostly just full of space)

Also I've always like the combo of Blue and Orange together - don't know why. Got any others works with these colours together ?

Thanks for sharing R6

S&F

* Ned

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

I've got this one but its a completely different theme.

Title:
Warning 1995

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Great perspective. Where you on a hill or mountain when you did this or is it from the mind's eye ?

2nd ---------------------------

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

I just imagined it from a birds eye perspective looking down on an imaginary town. In some of my work like "Warning" I deliberately use colours that are brighter than normal.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Out of all the planets you had to squash the Earth?

Painting looks very cool and captivating. I like the checkerboard.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

I'd like to talk with you about using your painting on the cover of a book that will be published soon.
I haven't made enough posts to use the private chat service, but here is my email if you'd like to discuss it;

[email protected].

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Woooow!!
Great talent my friend. You should do a more recent-cosmic painting

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
edit on 15-7-2012 by LoveisanArt because: double post

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Great work, I like how your paintings have a sci-fi / conspiracy aspect to them, it makes them really interesting. I can tell a lot of talent went into making those - I can't draw at all, but I can make music, and there is so much data that goes into art.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think it is great. I don't know what else to say...

I'll buy a print for my music room...and don't bother with any explanation.
Art is best when you have to come to your own conclusion....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join