It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Painted this in 1992, what do you think?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hi everyone,
I have posted up a scan of a photo of the painting so unfortunately the quality is not the best and I have it framed in glass now which makes it impossible to photograph without getting reflections from the glass. I won a champion exhibit prize with this painting last year at a local show, in the category (acrylic, all subjects). There are a lot of different themes happening within the picture if you look for them. Next to Earth on the chess board are opposing astrological signs. There are UFO's comets and much more. What do you think of it and what can you see in it? Sorry you have to scroll to see it all.

Title:
The Riddle 1992

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Looks like Nibiru approaching!
Just kidding. Very nice work!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Here is a smaller version of the same pic.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Looks like Nibiru approaching!
Just kidding. Very nice work!

Thankyou
I guess it could be

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Wow,that's pretty gnarly in a great way.I appreciate artistic talents...keep up the good work

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Very nice! It reminded me of a guy I knew that painted pictures of the cosmos. Great, brilliant colors. Ten years old and it looks like it could have been painted recently.

Those lessons paid off!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

What are you trying to hide there mr Nasa!! I see you photoshopped out something in the lower right corner - Is it nibiru? Never a Straight Mouse...

hehe

nice image tho

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Omg you just made me realise thats 20 years ago now, and yes it does still have a modern feel to it for sure

What are you trying to hide there mr Nasa!! I see you photoshopped out something in the lower right corner

Its my signature lol
Funny comment though

edit on 15-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
the bottom left part resembles this....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

Good observation
I had known about Munch's "The Scream" at the time of painting it and I was trying to give the face the impression of a scream. But it wasn't the whole purpose of the face.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

please tell me more about the painting, its just so... i draws me in, its so special.

i cant put my mind on why.

please.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

What type of painting is this? Computer generated on a paint program? Acrylic, oils?
Love it whatever the method.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I called it "The Riddle" because to me it represents every-ones questions and answers about who we are and why we exist. The world is half taken over by technology in the form of the inside of a stop watch is how I painted it. The time on the watch is 00:00 so time has run out. At the same time there is a large hurricane brewing on the other side of Earth.

I'm trying to describe it without giving too much away because that was the whole idea of the painting, to make people see what they want, eg is there a God? Did we just come from dust?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Its painted in acrylic which is a water based paint.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

weird, i remember painting with acrylic paint, it felt really plastic based, and survived a washing machine....

hmmm

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

to the right of the face, and under mars, it looks like a space station? small in the picture but HUGE relative to earth in reality as we know it.

also, there is another earth, a seemingly happier one all clear and blue, behind the corrupt and destroyed world that has run out of time as you said.

that one ship leaving the stopwatch planet makes me think of all the bad people that ruined the world realizing how bad they messed up and trying to use and escape pod through a worm hole so they can run away without any consequences, but the worm hole doesn't look friendly, its like you just know they are going to repeat their evil cycle over and over again, on some other random innocent planet, and in another billion years they will abandon them as well.

the evil people that rule this world are nothing more than parasites.

play bioshock 1 and 2, best games ever, but look it up on youtube first, its made by 2k games, and they care about their customers alot.

edit: i also noticed how the chess pieces are astrological signs, hmmmm

edit on 15-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

edit again: the giant face in space, its eyes and mouth are also wormholes.

why? hmm?

edit 3: the face looks like its eating a star, like a black hole consumes it.

if it was symbolizing greed, that would be too easy..... but its possible...

it isn't eating OUR sun, but the sun its eating appears to be a setting sun on the ocean horizon, that beautiful sight you get....

what if the face is eating our future?

pretty much saying it ate "tomorrow"

hmmm...

edit 4: the bottom edge of the entire picture has what appears to be the surface of something, like a moon.

so the viewers perspective is from another heavenly body.

odd....

the top right hand corner has red text, could it be possible that someone is recording this sight with a camera?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
reply to post by R6A6W6

weird, i remember painting with acrylic paint, it felt really plastic based, and survived a washing machine....

hmmm

Yeah it is plasticy, made from synthetic polymers. Funny though how you say you can wash it, its that durability that makes it a good paint to use. Its painted on a regular cardboard type of board by the way.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So, I see an adaptation of the painting, "The Scream"

I also see what appears to be Mars, and it's two moons, Phobos and Deimos

I also see the Earth, our moon, Luna, our Sun, and what could possibly be Mercury

What I picked up is that the Earth is a ticking time-bomb and it has run out of time

I also see a chessboard which indicates two parties are playing for the fate of our solar system

Our solar system appears to be heading towards a wormhole, or some type of vortex

A comet appears to be headed directly for Earth

Some type of craft appears to be "guiding" our solar system into the wormhole/vortex

This is an interesting painting. What compelled you to paint this?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

Gee, what compelled me to paint this. Well at the time I had been working on illustrating a book with a friend of mine who was writing poems for it. It was called "Society Beckons You" I completed 32 original black and white ink drawings for the original version. We sent the book to 2 publishers but it just got returned. OMG I thought we might both get killed, seriously, the stuff that was in the book was just as good as the riddle and the poetry too. One day I might just re release it on the internet some how. But yeah that's how it started.

Then the book was actually re-written and new colour pics were added by me after the book got sent back the first time.

I also see what appears to be Mars, and it's two moons, Phobos and Deimos

Dead on there buddy

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

You are very talented. Your painting is exciting...there is a lot to look at...it pulls me into the universe and I want to know more.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join