It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stories of the Past - You Never Know Who That Old Guy With a Bucket of Shrimp May Be

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thats awesome i didnt even look at it like that what did the poor shrimp do. Maybe because i eat shrimp not seagulls it feels different nice angle screwed didnt even see it that way lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Good story! Makes you wonder who people are you see everyday, never judge by appearance.
In the words of Immortal Technique "I look at character never let the color get to ya".

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I've seen this story before, but I thank you for posting it.
A wonderful reminder of miracles and gratitude.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

It is a great story don't get me wrong.
And yes, it did bring a tear to my eye.

I think the part I have a problem with is the fact that in order to extend our lives on this planet
we must kill other life. It is a crappy reality and I wish it didn't have to be that way, but it is.
I just look at things from a different angle when I hear about things like this.

If one life was saved, how many were taken?
Which ones were more valuable?
Why?

Questions questions questions.
So few answers.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Great story and so true! People are so quick to judge others for the things they do but the smallest of rituals to one person can mean the world to another.

A little trivia about Flying Ace Eddie Rickenbacker. He's a distant cousin of Adolph Rickenbacker, founder of famous Rickenbacker Guitar's. In fact, Adolf Rickenbacher Anglicized his name to Adolph Rickenbacker to capitalize on his distant cousins fame.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
THIS POST IS GREAT AND A GOOD READ. Why because it taught me more history of a great man than just his WWI exploits. Also, that he had a good sense of what was important remembering what help him to make his live worth living. He was one of the great ones who I am so proud of having read aboutand learned their exploits.
My self I have never done anything worth writting about except the people who have helpped me live and exist in this life. Being poor,never having enough money for my kidds school clothes and supplies as they grew up, doctors, thearpist,nurses,clergy,,Druggists and government that helpped us as my kids grew up expect not too get paid or paid back. These heros I would like too thank also because they don't get praise either.(but, like eddie they really hope that they dont get it).

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A nice story...sounds like Eddie has the spirit of the Aborigine in him :0)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Loved that, thanks :-)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Great story and thanks for sharing! I thought I would let you all know I shared with with my mom who has a lot of ups and downs. When I was almost at the end of the story and thought it was interesting that there a was a lone seagull making noise above us. God is truly great and we are all blessed :-)
edit on 17-7-2012 by Sert3k because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join