It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Arrest At Boheimian Grove

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Occupy Bohemian Grove Protest was held today and the turnout was less than I expected...about 350 was the best ate. The Creation of Care ceremony took place which was a collection of speakers and musical acts with a couple of booths up for flyer distribution and such, Project Censored and Paranoia magazine being one of them. The march took place at about 4pm and was about 125 people strong...the gate contained 10-15 cops, in riot gear oddly enough, and was pretty much just v shortish standoff between protestors and CHP...but the CHP did decide it worthy to arrest an older gentleman who seemed to only be speaking his mind...

Here is a bit of footage of the event and roughly sums up most of the day...I have much more video/pics but haven't gone through it all yet...

edit on Sat, 14 Jul 2012 22:27:53 -0500 by MemoryShock because: Tags

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
They should all be arrested.

What people do in the privacy of their own group, and on their own or rented propperty is no one elses business.

What a stupid ass idea for an occupy protest... Idiots. I continually lose respect for the patrons of that particular group. Ive tried to find some way to attach myself to it, but ultimately its a bunch of hippies who want a free ride. They dont want to actually change a damn thing except for the ability to make an easy nickel.

Lock em up.

Flame away.
edit on 14-7-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: sp

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
wow a whole 125 people turned out to protest tptb must be bricking it

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
wow a whole 125 people turned out to protest tptb must be bricking it

Lmao

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

What people do in the privacy of their own group, and on their own or rented propperty is no one elses business.

What a stupid ass idea for an occupy protest... Idiots. I continually lose respect for the patrons of that particular group. Ive tried to find some way to attach myself to it, but ultimately its a bunch of hippies who want a free ride. They dont want to actually change a damn thing except for the ability to make an easy nickel.

Lock em up.

Flame away.

to put it short...

If it affects my life and well being ....then your wrong
If it does not.....then let them run around naked with chickens. (or whatever they do)

edit on 14-7-2012 by TrainDispatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You wonder why he was arrested? Did you even watch the video? It's pretty obvious what he was arrested for. You don't go around grapping officers weapons.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

I will play the devils advocate here...

Has the gathering at the Grove ever affected you directly?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
You wonder why he was arrested? Did you even watch the video? It's pretty obvious what he was arrested for. You don't go around grapping officers weapons.

Indeed, man.

Thats one quick ticket, do not pass go, head strait to the clink.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
...but the CHP did decide it worthy to arrest an older gentleman who seemed to only be speaking his mind...

I'm sorry, Mem ... but the gentleman grabbed the officer's baton after having been asked, told, informed to either step back or face being arrested. Point blank. Plain and simple.

Bad judgement call on his part, if you ask me.

You simply can't claim 'peaceful protest' when folks are up in the faces of those there to insure things don't get out of hand.

I'm quite certain we'll have to agree to disagree here, but that's how I see it ... on the whole.

Oh so many folks want to proclaim 'peaceful protest' when in fact their actions and overall obvious efforts demonstrate far from the same as their true intent.

$.02

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Those people at the Bohemian Grove must be partying like a frat house party, knowing that they're closer to their New World Order and knowing they got away with Obamacare, the TSA expanision, and other draconian laws that are being planned as we speak.

+43 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Lock em up.

Flame away.

So you have no problem with the heads of industry and government of this nation blatantly meeting on a large scale discussing present and future policy... in secret.

Oh snap... excuse me... "private".

And I suppose that you will somehow justify possible violations of the Logan Act committed daily while the members of this boys club engage in homoerotic rituals. (insert joke about Freemasons here)

How in the world can you call people who are protesting possible treasonous behavior "a bunch of hippies who want a free ride"?
Do you enjoy being in bondage to a repressive central government where the vast majority of the wealth is under control of a minority of individuals.

And these individuals amassed this fortune using less than ethical or legal means.

And that is an understatement.

Your comment was obviously biased and weak.

edit on 14/7/2012 by kyviecaldges because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
NVM. Already said, and better than I could say it....
edit on 7/14/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Protesting the Bohemian Grove is pointless. What are they even protesting? It just seems like a bunch of people that want to be activists by protesting.....nothing.

If a bunch of old rich white dudes want to get together and have orgies I really don't care. If you want to have a mock pagan sacrifice in a privately owned resort.... I don't care.

"Elites" are going to discuss policy via phone conference,email or physical gathering...you aren't stopping them. Nor is standing outside their meeting going to stop them either.

edit on 14-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

Nope, not one bit.

You have no proof of what they do. Its a private gathering. Aside from some theatre enactments and dressing funny, you cant say for fact what they do.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm not a cop, I did not sleep at a holiday inn express last night, but I do live in California, and drive a class A vehicle through chp operated scales regularly. A trivial bit of info, but I'm 95% sure those are Sonoma County Sheriff's uniforms and not CHP's. CHP's don't wear olive pants, they wear khaki with a blue stripe down the leg.
I did a search for the patch, they are indeed Sonoma County wine country's finest, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I can see why he was arrested but he was shoved twice and grabbed on to the baton when he was being prodded...I thin he should have let go and am not defending it but there was no need to shove the guy.

My opinion though...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

My apologies, but i had to make a new post for this.

How am i biased and weak?

I am not a member of the gathering. I have no interest in what goes on there other than offering my defense of a group who are misunderstood. I understand that very well.

So, enlighten me as to how a hundred fools protesting something they ultimately no nothing about is at all constructive for society.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Protesting the Bohemian Grove is pointless. What are they even protesting? It just seems like a bunch of people that want to be activists by protesting.....nothing.

If a bunch of old rich white dudes want to get together and have orgies I really don't care. If you want to have a mock pagan sacrifice in a privately owned resort.... I don't care.

This comment exemplifies why we have the type of government that we have been served.

The apathy is shocking.

I suppose this speaks volumes for the power of the propaganda voodoo brainwashing mojo-matrix that surrounds us daily like a fish in water.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Explain to me what standing outside the Bohemian Grove accomplishes?

"Elites" are going to discuss policy via phone conference,email or physical gathering...you aren't stopping them. Nor is standing outside their meeting going to stop them either.

edit on 14-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

So, enlighten me as to how a hundred fools protesting something they ultimately no nothing about is at all constructive for society?

I will tell you what mate. Since you kind of kicked off this hoo-hah then why not explain to me exactly how these people are fools?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join