It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How Many Have Switched from Extraterrestrial Hypothesis to Interdimensional?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
How do you know you aren't in their net and under their "microscope" have been since you were born Druscilla? Can you truly look yourself in the mirror and deny that. "My objection to all these theories is actually based on a primal fear I have as, a seemingly sentient creature, that another intelligence can just screw with me on virtually (sic) any level, at their own whim and there's chuff all I can do about it?"

Try the colour, tool, flower test on yourself and see what the answers you give are. I know I belong to the relatively tiny minority that don;t give the same three answers. Then ask yourself this question, why do most humans give the same answers ?

Be honest with yourself about the test as well, don't try to be revisionist after the case, as it were. I know my mother would have just smiled and my dad would have buried his head in the Times crossword and muttered, "Bloody typical". Then again my mother gave me my first UFO book 2 weeks after I had an incident I had not mentioned to anyone and simply said. "I think you should read this"..the book was "Operation Trojan Horse" by John Keel. Now, in the light of that I could either be totally paranoid and feel I'm being *steered* by unseen forces or I can just say... "Crazy Universe we live in and sometimes you gotta just go with the flow and see where it takes you". There is another path, that of the Ickes of this world who think "I know the answer, I must tell everyone else, cos I'm right". Sadly, human history is littered with the dead bodies of those who were caught up up in that sort of "epiphany" .
edit on 15-7-2012 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2012 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Thanks for your input, Dru. I appreciate your intellect and sharp as heck wit even when we're on opposite sides of an issue.

Your critical thinking skills must lead you somewhere on the vastness of the phenomena throughout history.

What say ye: Misidentified natural phenomena on one hand and psychological impairment on the other?

See ya around.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Whatever is going on, there is SOMETHING going on, and it's bugger all interesting.
It could be misunderstood natural phenomenon.
It could be an as of yet understood kind of space jelly fish.
It could be aliens.
It could be a very little understood psychological phenomenon driven by some special people's susceptibility to the social influences of the collective unconscious (one of my favorites).
It could be that house cats are really super psychic and are messing with our heads.

It could be any of these things, some of them, or even all of them, plus more, or none at all and something altogether different and unexpected.

We have our imaginations and ideas to play with regarding what this something is that some people seem to see and even experience, but, as of yet, we've nothing set in stone, unless you want to be literal about that phrase and point at megalithic structures as evidence of ancient aliens.

Something is going on, and whatever it is, attempting to put a label on it is an act of limiting the scope of your own personal investigation in attempting to understand whatever it is, is.
For instance, if you approach the subject from the nuts and bolts alien spacecraft from another planet perspective, you're going to handicap yourself when it comes to other possibilities.
This is true for any other stance.

I thus reject them all since we've no real hands-on evidence other than stories ranging from deep, recent, and now modern mythology to work off of.
Modern mythology equaling all the accounts from the airship flap in the 1890s up to now.

I'm sure I've a reputation as one of the harder skeptics, but, at the same time, I'm more open minded than you might think. Let's just say, my standards are quite high, and blurry video of objectionable lights that could be anything, or anecdotal stories don't really count for much with me.

If there's intelligent beings of any sort visiting and interacting, I volunteer with gusto to be visited, abducted, probed, sampled, experimented on, whatever, just to get a chance to get my own grubby paws on one of 'them' whatever they might be in return, if only to get a skin sample for my own analysis via scratching a nail on one.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Inter-dimensional, at least the beings I encountered were...

Here is my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Hi, my first post on ATS : )
I agree with you totally, the authors and their books are very persuading. But like you said the real life sightings and how they come about are the hardest things to explain. I think ET is more multidimensional, my experiences have been strange to say the least, from a UFO hoovering over a water tower that resulted in a missing block of time that wasn't realized for years to a portal opening just outside my bedroom window. And many visitations during the night, and now sightings weekly. You can't predict them and it's hard to focus while their happening and I really have to play it over and over in my mind to make sure what just happened did in deed happen. We are most definitely being monitored by someone just out side our reality.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by The GUT

Whatever is going on, there is SOMETHING going on, and it's bugger all interesting.
It could be misunderstood natural phenomenon.
It could be an as of yet understood kind of space jelly fish.
It could be aliens.
It could be a very little understood psychological phenomenon driven by some special people's susceptibility to the social influences of the collective unconscious (one of my favorites).
It could be that house cats are really super psychic and are messing with our heads.

Yea to all of the above. Especially space jelly fish and most certainly psychic cats with a devious sense of humor.

And the collective unconscious. (Jung had quite an occultic child and adulthood, btw, but I'm probably not telling you anything new there.) And with that I'll tell the following tale.

I had a pretty intensive contact with the metaphysical community a couple of years ago. And that beggared another aspect of my search for some meaning behind the "mysteries" that reinforced my leanings towards the dimensional hypotheses.

My methodology was to observe and contemplate their practices rather than directly participate in them. In that role I was hyper-skeptical, however I saw/experienced a few things that could be classified as anomalous. I quickly chalked them up to some psycho-social collective unconscious aspect that fell within the realm of the mysterious but natural.

That is until I became intimate with a Witch. Something happened during that intimacy which was unexpected and which I have no easy explanation for.

A strange, but alluring girl. During said intimacy I felt something come through her chest into mine that not only greatly enhanced the experience, but left me feeling that we weren't the only two involved in the union.

That's rather vague as proof of anything, and it's intentionally vague in the recounting as I don't want to go into all the details here for mostly obvious reasons.

We dated for awhile and I experienced more, but rather mundane, anomalies in her life that I could come up with natural explanations for if I thunk hard enough.

Psychological aberration on my part? Mebbe. But it certainly made an impression on me. And I like to think I'm no push-over in the critical thinking department either.

I said that to say this: Be careful what you wish for in the, "probed, sampled, experimented on" aspect. Word.

It wasn't a bad experience at the time at all mind you, muy contraire, but it may have had some lingering affect that was less than desirable.

Yeah, you have an impressive mind. Intelligent & intellectually honest skeptics are always important for those of us who try to delve beyond that which can be known.

We "borderliners" probably are crazy for even trying to figure it out…no one has managed it yet. Thanks again for your most excellent--and grounding-- input.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynemiller
reply to post by The GUT

Hi, my first post on ATS : )
I agree with you totally, the authors and their books are very persuading. But like you said the real life sightings and how they come about are the hardest things to explain. I think ET is more multidimensional, my experiences have been strange to say the least, from a UFO hoovering over a water tower that resulted in a missing block of time that wasn't realized for years to a portal opening just outside my bedroom window. And many visitations during the night, and now sightings weekly. You can't predict them and it's hard to focus while their happening and I really have to play it over and over in my mind to make sure what just happened did in deed happen. We are most definitely being monitored by someone just out side our reality.

Hey, welcome aboard the ATS crazy train, Wayne.

I'm honored that you made your first post here. Thanks for sharing your mind-bending experiences. I enjoyed the read.

It's a mysterious world, no? Yes!

Peace, Brother.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I guess I'm a huge skeptic,... but reading Cosmic Trigger many, many moons ago led me to the link between the UFO phenomenon and the occult. Lavee I ran across later and is also worth a read.

In short, I think something is clearly going on. And the use of the term "interdimensional" seems as good a placeholder name as any. I'll admit my impression is that the connection is probably "demonic" in nature -- but I'm also happy to admit that this could well be simply my attempt to cram the phenomena into the box of my already established worldview (but isn't this what everyone does?).

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Nicely put, Del. I admit that it's become harder and harder for me to divorce the ufo phenomenon from the realm of the occult.

Brother Jacques at Crowleymas

As told by Frater Robert Anton Wilson; Holy Discordian, OTO Initiate and CAW Water Brother in his Outstanding Masterpiece of Speculative Illumination "Cosmic Trigger." Recalling Crowleymas (October 12) 1974, Brother Wilson stated:

...And then Jacques Vallee arrived.

I had wanted to talk to Doctor Vallee for several months now and I immediately kidnapped him into a room which the other partygoers were not informed about. On the way, we spotted Hymenaeus Alpha (Grady McMurty), Caliph of the Ordo Templi Orientis, and his wife, Phylis.

The Skeptic had heard Jacques Vallee talk at a conference on Science and Spirit, sponsored by the Theosophical Society, earlier in the year. He had taken a new approach to the UFO mystery and was systematically feeding all the reports of extraterrestrial contacts into a giant computer.

The computer was programmed to look for various possible repeated patterns. Jacques said that the evidence emerging suggested to him that the UFOs weren't extraterrestrial at all, but that they seemed to be intelligent systems intent on convincing us they were extraterrestrial.

[Indeed, even as our Dear Brother Terence McKenna hath said, "We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extraterrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us." -B:.B:.]

Now the Skeptic started pumping Jacques about his evidence that they weren't extraterrestrial. He started to explain that, analyzing the reports chronologically, it appeared that They (whoever or whatever they are) always strive to give the impression that they are something the society they are visiting can understand.

In medieval sightings, he said, they called themselves angels; in the great 1902 flap in several states, one of the craft spoke to a West Virginia farmer and said they were an airship invented and flown from Kansas; in 1940s-1950s sightings, they often said they were from Venus; since Venus has been examined and seems incapable of supporting life, they now say they are from another star-system in this galaxy.

"Where do you think they come from?" I asked. Doctor Vallee gave the Gallic form of the classic scientific Not-Speculating-Beyond-The-Data head-shake. "I can theorize, and theorize, endlessly," he said, "but is it not better to just study the data more deeply and look for clues?"

"You must have some personal hunch," I insisted.

He gave in gracefully. "They relate to space-time in ways for which we have, at present, no concepts," he said. "They cannot explain to us because we are not ready to understand."

I asked Grady McMurty if Aleister Crowley had ever said anything to him implying the extraterrestrial theory which Kenneth Grant, Outer Head of another Ordo Templi Orientis, implies in his accounts of Crowley's contacts with Higher Intelligences.

"Some of the things Aleister said to me," Grady replied carefully, "could be interpreted as hints pointing that way."

He went on to quote Crowley's aphorisms about various of the standard entities contacted by Magick. The Abramelin spirits, for instance, need to be watched carefully. "They bite," Aleister explained in his best deadpan am-I-kidding-or-not? style. The Enochian "angels," on the other hand, don't always have to be summoned. "When you're ready, they come for you," Aleister said flatly.

(The Enochian entities were first contacted by Dr. John Dee in the early 17th Century. Dr. Dee, court astrologer to Queen Elizabeth and also an important mathematician, has been controversial from his own time to ours, some writers regarding him as a genius of the first rank and others as a clever lunatic...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Hello there x x x

I have never changed my mind, I believe in extraterrestrial beings and inter-dimensional enteritis.

The thing I ponder on, is where do our spirits go once we pass from this body? I know some are earth bound and live among us but they vibrate differently to us.
I've been wondering this question since I heard a female voice speak to me very clearly, she said "You're Poppy is still in traversal"

There was a time when I almost thought maybe extraterrestrial are inter-dimensional, but since then I have had that question cleared up. Maybe they use inter-dimensional portals to get from here to where ever they live, but I don't think that they are inter-dimensional beings.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The main foundation I base my understanding of life on is diversity. No where on Earth is exactly the same, there are life forms within us, in our beds, homes and every where we go. Life in the deep hot volcanic vents of the sea, acid pools and even in man made radioactive waste. Life is everywhere and it is all different. There are species like frogs that can live in the land or the water, birds that live in the sky and the land and many others that have adapted to different environments. Our search for the physical boundaries of life is still ongoing, the smaller we look the smaller it gets, the larger we look the bigger it gets.

Interdemensional, multidemensional, transdimensional, crossdimensional, nondimensional, the same, alternate or infinite worlds may all exist. Where we have interactions, we have awareness. The more complex the interaction, the more complex the awareness. In searching for the limits and constructs of consciousness there are many strange, bizarre and crazy stories and theories all going around that break through our physical reality as we know it.

Some of our visitors maybe extraterrestrial using interdemensional modes of transport. Some maybe interdimensional affecting many extraterrestrial worlds. At the moment the term interdimensional is loosely used as their maybe many dimensional threads woven into the tapestry of life.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I try to keep the conspiracy as simple as I can.

Since its quite possible for humans to make it to another planet already, however impractical, its equally possible for somebody from another planet to make it here using similar methods.

Why bother jumping through dimensions to get here when a simple rocket will work?

....Go on then, build us a rocket and go to Gliese 581g

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'm not sure why it's an 'either/or' choice for you. I understand that you don't preclude the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence, which suggests that you don't believe ETs are visiting Earth, and that what we are interpreting as ETs are actually IDs (I understand 'interdimensional' is a limited term with connotations but it will do for now).

Why is it not possible we are visited by both? If you can allow that other dimensions exist, and that travel to and from these dimensions is possible - then wormhole travel is more-or-less a given. I actually believe that the ID hypothesis (which I do ascribe to) lends more credence to the ET hypothesis (ie if one is true, the other is more likely to also be true).

It's a big multiverse. And there is a lot of intelligence out there (in my opinion). Some of it might be visiting us from another dimension, some from another part of this dimension. I don't think one explanation for paranormal phenomena on this planet necessarily precludes the other. In my opinion both are happening simultaneously.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I have switched to the interdimensional hypothesis after doing a lot of research on the subject. The most convincing piece of evidence I found has to do with '___' and the pineal gland - Dr. Strassman, who did studies in the 1990's that involved injecting '___' into people's veins, discovered that they saw beings. I think '___' helps to see beyond our physical universe.

In addition, '___' is released by your brain when you go to sleep. This would explain why people who wake up with sleep paralysis often see alien entities.

Finally, I have a friend who sees tall grey aliens on a daily basis all over the city where she lives. She described them to me, but never knew that they were called greys or anything like that. She was surprised that other people had seen them. It seems to me that she is somehow able to see other dimensions as well.

Between this and personal accounts I have read from people describing seeing beings on ATS, I think I have pretty solid reasons to be convinced of the interdimensional hypothesis.

In addition, I would like to add that if there are inter-dimensional beings, it is highly probable that they have something to do with religion.

Also, both interstellar and interdimensional travel might be involved... but definitely interdimensional.
edit on 15-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I suspect it may be a bit of both. There is no reason to throw away one theory, ie visitors from another planet, it must be feasable as we do travel in space albeit limited. Interdimensional contact also has much to offer in way of a theory. Pineal gland and '___' offering possibilities.

edit on 15-7-2012 by alienscot1 because: misspelling

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Personally, i think a universe sooooooooooo big that we can't even start to think how big it is, shows we have a lot more searching to do in our own back yard before we need to start thinking about somewhere new

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i think both are very probable.
just one doesn't fit them all.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think they are physical craft that use high technology to "teleport" through the fabric of the universe. If you will the technology allows the craft to travel through other dimensions (wormholes) to reach the intended destination. The speed of light is just way too slow to travel any where.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm going with both, too. But I'm not sure if I think the interdimensionals are visitors, or they have been here all along.

Ancient lore about faeries, gnomes, etc. seem consistent with extra-dimensional, and UFOs seem prolific. I tend to think of UFOs as being secret tech developed by humans, though why they want it to be so secret is beyond me, and that's where the conundrum arises. Why would powerful and highly advanced technology not be publicly exposed and used, for crying out loud?...

Certainly we know that we are limited in sensory perception (can't hear all frequencies, nor see all colors)...so it's really arrogant to think we can know everything. Some people are gifted and have the ability to "see" things that most cannot. This, imo, is proof enough, but still, it's frustrating to not be one of those people, or to be able to acquire that ability. (If it's an innate attribute, that is). For my part, I am an empath -- I feel the feelings of others; I also seem to attract or draw out people's pain -- in the sense of telling me about their inner feelings and troubles -- as though I'm recognizable as a healer.

The more that scientists and theorists find out about nano particles and subatomic workings...and the further into space, and even time manipulation we as a species are getting, it seems highly likely that we are just now finding out how we fit into the picture, and still have only a very rudimentary grip on the vastness of reality beyond our awareness.

I have had a few paranormal experiences. Enough to have convinced me that there is something beyond our "regular" perception. Fascinating.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Great idea to put out here, I had proof in 3D and in the end that ran out. Which was kind of a dead end scenario, as I delved deeper in to what does it really mean to me, I stumbled on to the extra dimensional l view. From then on, I felt it was the most interesting and worthwhile view to deepen the human experience.On the other hand, at times I found it distressing and would destroy my comfort zone time after time. Now......... I see them as us. Us as them. We are many, we are close, we are far.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join