It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How Many Have Switched from Extraterrestrial Hypothesis to Interdimensional?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by FireMoon

...And still, the same looking like foo fighters on this allegedly real video over the Capitol. Who would you think - aliens or Nazi technology? I am more leaning to Nazi technology, FACT: The Nazi had more advanced weapons than the alliance.

How advanced could their technology have been if they lost the war? I admit that it may have been in it's early stages, but if so how did they develop this technology--in hiding and on the run-- to such a degree as to allegedly buzz Washington with it and escape unharmed?

Don't get me wrong: I'm enjoying this train of thought that you and FireMoon are developing here--thesis & antithesis--and I'll have more to share later myself, but for now I have to step out for a few.

I'll leave you with this: What if Hitler made his escape Interdimensionally, Imtor?

Jus' kiddin'.
Then again, hmmmmm....

I am noticing that your tinfoil is starting to show after all...welcome to tha' club.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

One possible extra dimension...could be the super luminal [faster than the speed of light] realm. Once a starship breaks the speed of light barrier --- which could be possible, because alien starships have visited our planet before --- could be invisible to an intelligent creature who is at rest, while the starship passes close-by while it travels in the super luminal realm.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The oldest clue is the most important...this can take you places.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Like you said, they may not have had the time to develop anything advanced during WW2 other than rocketry, Hitler or his followers most likely continued after WW2, thus the UFO cluster from the 50s (and something tells me there are indeed people who continue working on what Hitler was trying till this day)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Starships...which have the capability of super luminal speeds --- could give advance warning of impending solar disasters to habitable planets in star systems; that are nearby a star that is ready to go super nova. Say a star went super nova about 50 light years from a habitable planet --- which could be in danger of remnants of the super nova explosion 50 years distant. It could be possible...to send an unmanned robot probe for the dangerous mission, to the impending super nova at super luminal speeds; which could send back important data as to when the occupants of the habitable planet must evacuate the star system.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thank you, schuyler, for keeping us grounded. While I'm often hard on those I feel are mean-spirited, I tend to be soft on those I perceive to have inherent deficiencies and let them slide. I probably shouldn't do that for the sake of the easily led.

And speaking of inherent deficiencies, I perceive I got a little fanny whacking, too.

...Put another way and as an example, a superficial understanding of string theory would lead one to see the extra "dimensions" as the source for our answers. But if you really understood it you would know that our answers are not in there. They lie elsewhere. Can I prove that? Of course not...

As regards string theory, it is, as far as I can tell, pretty much like the advanced mathematics that have come before it.

What I mean is that Einstein and others finally cobbled together some equations that allowed us to manipulate the atom into the bomb and some other stuff.

However, many of these advanced equations start to break apart at some point and don't represent the "whole" picture. They can only get us so far. They are not "Laws" as much a "rules" that work to a certain extent and under certain conditions.

Now, this little whipper-snapper string theory comes along. It's in its infancy. If it ever is mathematically solved/proven it may (probably) be under some different assumptions than can be made at this point.

So while I find the "dimensional" aspect of string theory interesting in that it at least supposes dimensions outside of our natural human perception, I don't put much stock in it either as the answer to our question.

We may, I fear, be waiting for a "proven" grand unified theory 'til long after we cease to exist. But I want answers now, danggit! So I gives it me best shot.

When I marry the historical "evidence" with the lack of physical evidence I basically come to 3 categorical "conclusions."

1. They exist in our mind and this includes misunderstanding natural phenomenon, etc.

2. They exist and have some connection to another "dimension."

3. They are extraterrestrial visitors.

As the years pass, I'm having an increasingly harder time accepting #1, so that leaves me with:

1. They exist and have some connection to another "dimension."

2. They are extraterrestrial visitors.

Can Science solve this puzzle? I fear not. As I mentioned before; infinity, paradox, and consciousness, so far, appear to defy & elude mathematical proofs and/or elaboration as easily as they do the 'micro' or 'tele' scope.

Does that mean it's beyond us? Maybe. But I'd like to think, "Maybe not."

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Gosh, Gut. Just a little pat in celebration of a goal is all, in a manly sort of way! But you caught me, I admit. I really appreciated FireMoon posting the BBC production. I've seen it before, but could watch it again several times, I think. Seems to me they've done a good job of nailing that part down. At least it is internally consistent and has solved several nagging problems that threatened to knock it down like, oh, say, the Big Bang.

Maybe it really is in branes. Maybe Hugh Everett was right with his Many Worlds Theory. I have a hard time with the concept of infinity. It's like I can't stand heights, can't look over cliffs, can't go up in tall buildings. Yet I'm a pilot and can fly planes. It's as if I cannot grasp infinity while tied or connected, but once set free, as in an airplane hey, it's no big deal! And that's what our dimensional guy said, though he stole it. Maybe we do need to just shut up. (An extremely strange interlude!)

So anyway, how do we get from one brane to another, or how do we get from here to there and back again over here, having traversed vast distances? And just how DO we "create our own reality" with thought alone? At this point I think I would jump at anything that felt intuitively consistent, and damned the math. Full speed ahead.

And, you see, I have faith. I think it can be explained. Somewhere, somehow it will be.
edit on 7/24/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Well, given our understanding of time and space, it's more plausible an advanced race would travel via some 'dimensional portal', than an impossibly long, linear path through space.

There is always talk about the general public being softened up for such ideas with clues in the media. Have you ever played the video game PORTAL?

Also Quantum Entanglement shows there may be something different to the average persons idea of distance in the universe and the ways we can overcome it. Even just as a way of communicating over long distances instantaneously (as seen in the video game Mass Effect 2).

edit on 25/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: added quote

edit on 25/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: Added last paragraph

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

If you feel I am trying to sound authoritarian...you will have to forgive me for that or except my apology. I have been the Go-To-Guy for so long that I have a habit of Taking Charge of just about anything. To the extent of this habit...I even tend to take over when My Girl is making Over Easy Eggs as I am a very good cook and dislike when an EGG that the sole purpose of cooking it Over Easy is to Keep the Yoke in a Liquid State and also flip it to cook a thin Film over the yoke to avoid Sunny Side Up runs all the while not over cook it so that you have no Liquid Yoke to dunk your toast in. LOL! SHE HATES when I take over and I have learned to Suck it Up and eat a Non-Perfect Over Easy Egg...rather than start WWIII! LOL! But it is my nature...so please understand...I am not doing it on purpose....I JUST DO IT!

Maybe that is why I like to watch...MONK! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Gut, while I respect you a lot, and I almost thought you'd managed to pull it off for a few pages, it turns out you are a terrible cat herder.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Just want to point out that just an interview with Robert Collins made recently, talking about contacts with Greys and the exchange program.

LET'S ASSUME that the stories about Greys and other beings are true:

The Greys as I also have read not just from this interview but from other sources as well, are NOT INTERDIMENSIONAL AT ALL.

If you go back to sites describing the Greys besides coming from Reticulum, they are indeed the one that cannot change dimensions. They have ACTUAL AIRCRAFT (I am really shocked (or am I?) at the ignorance to see that every single UFO in this thread is considered some light or from another dimension and not an actual spaceship as some of the cases are). Their aircraft has been made of materials and chemical elements not present on Earth.

Putting all beings under the flag 'interdimensional' is complete nonsense, IGNORANCE and an attempt to serve someone's belief system - Logically it is wrong to assume it.

So yes, if the stories of these beings are true, we have real aliens, now are some other types able to change dimensions idk.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Schuyler as far as these two statements made by both of us....
As far as there being a difference of where these supposed Alien Lifeforms come from or how they get here...Folding Space is INTERDIMENSIONAL TRAVEL via creation of a SINGULARITY or ONE DIMENSIONALITY.

There is also the concept of E.T. traveling between MULTIVERSAL ALTERNATE UNIVERSAL REALITIES wich are DIVERGENT CREATIONS of our UNIVERSAL REALITY.
That was me.

These are just words. Even if you capitalize them repeatedly, they are still just words with no foundation, nothing to back them up, no definitions. They don't explain anything. Putting labels on conjectures may give them a more solid appearance, but there's still nothing behind them. I'm claiming here that such statements are superficial and do not add to our understanding. Put another way and as an example, a superficial understanding of string theory would lead one to see the extra "dimensions" as the source for our answers. But if you really understood it you would know that our answers are not in there. They lie elsewhere. Can I prove that? Of course not.
This was you.
String Theory would not be associated with my statement although it could very well be what our Universe is made of. I was attempting to have people consider that those who point out that E.T. could be traveling to Earth through passage from their perception of a DIFFERENT DIMENSION as being within our Universal Condition....is not the same as E.T. travel from one Universal State to another. The term...Divergent Universal Reality is one where there is a Connection between Universal States due to a Sharing or Transfer of Quantum Particles.

If there are Infinite Universal States...not all would have the same Physics and a E.T. would have to travel to a Universe that has the same Physical Properties for it to be able to exist. These Alternate Universal Realities would most likely exist as Forks off of either theirs or our Universes. Divergent Universal Realities would be basically...branches that come off the same tree...and I believe there are MANY different trees in a Multiverse.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Leonard Stringfield was one UFO researcher who had really excellent sources, and was able to get more of the real information than most people. Too bad so much of his work is forgotten today. He knew about Dr. Theodore von Karmen and other government scientists who did so much of the early work in crashed "saucers". Incidentally, no one mentioned the name "Roswell" to him, but this entire area of UFO studies was in the hands of the military and Manhattan Project scientists.

Stringfield learned all these details, including the propulsion systems of the craft, the ionized plasma fields that surrounded them and so on, long before any of the so-called "MJ-12" documents ever appeared.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Gut, while I respect you a lot, and I almost thought you'd managed to pull it off for a few pages, it turns out you are a terrible cat herder.

I haz been hazzed. I haz been herded by the kats!

Yippy-Ki-Yay-Kitties

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Just want to point out that just an interview with Robert Collins made recently, talking about contacts with Greys and the exchange program.

LET'S ASSUME that the stories about Greys and other beings are true:

The Greys as I also have read not just from this interview but from other sources as well, are NOT INTERDIMENSIONAL AT ALL.

Are you kidding me, Imtor? The Greys are the MOST interdimensional of all! They're the ones who float folk through walls. That's pretty interdimensional, dude.

Of course the Greys may only exist in some minds, Whitley Streiber's iconic book cover, Hollywood, and on ATS, but if that's true then guess what? That makes them basically not of this dimension and guess what that means? They are mentally extra-dimensional.

And, pssst: Bob Collins tells fibs if'n you ask me. He has a pretty shady history in the ufological world. He's been involved with disinfo for bucks. You know what that means don't you…the disinfo part I mean? It means they are probably not nuts & bolts interstellar craft after all but either black ops craft or…you guessed it this time: Dimensional in nature.

Seriously, Bob Collins is too dang complicated to get into here, but just clicky on some of the links at at Isaac Koi's most excellent research site and you'll get the picture.

If the Greys do exist then that means the abduction experience probably does too, so I always like to recommend SkyFloating's thought-provoking hypothesis here on ATS: Alien Abduction: An astral phenomenon?

Last but not least, and this is only for you, Imtor, I present the following proof.

The Greys - Interdimensional Vortex League

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrSwampGas
Leonard Stringfield was one UFO researcher who had really excellent sources, and was able to get more of the real information than most people. Too bad so much of his work is forgotten today. He knew about Dr. Theodore von Karmen and other government scientists who did so much of the early work in crashed "saucers"....

Stringfield seemed like an okay fellow, but I, personally, don't find any of the crashed craft stories to hold any water or carry any weight at this point for myriad reasons.

The number one reason being the ol' "they flew across light years only to crash on our planet" business.

We should put Roswell down like a rabid dog and get on with it, imho.

Thanks for bringing up the late Mr. Stringfield though…I always appreciate hearing names like his brought up rather than a Maccabee, or a Collins or a Friedman if'n you know what I mean and I think you do.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I still support the extraterrestrial idea because that idea has some credibility in the eys of known science. Interdimensional is too theoretical at this point, even though it is somewhat logical. Logic does not always lead to truth, sadly.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

f you go back to sites describing the Greys besides coming from Reticulum, they are indeed the one that cannot change dimensions. They have ACTUAL AIRCRAFT (I am really shocked (or am I?) at the ignorance to see that every single UFO in this thread is considered some light or from another dimension and not an actual spaceship as some of the cases are). Their aircraft has been made of materials and chemical elements not present on Earth.

Putting all beings under the flag 'interdimensional' is complete nonsense, IGNORANCE and an attempt to serve someone's belief system - Logically it is wrong to assume it.

Could the title of this thread be a clue here? I would not be too quick calling everyone else ignorant because they are exploring the IDH here. That's what the thread is for. The fact that they have, as you put it, ACTUAL AIRCRAFT (shock!) does not for me preclude IDH at all. I'm just guessing that they didn't just walk on over and that they would need some sort of trasportation. After all, if they walked through some sort of portal it's unlikely there is a subway statiion withing walking distance.

The conventional ETH has some problems, most notably the issue of faster than light travel. Einstein's Law is not something you can break by pressing down on the accellerator and defying the posted limit. You can't press a button or flip a switch to get around it. It's built into the structure of the Universe. If he's right, of course. It's just that no one has proven him wrong in the last 100 years.

Now, you can claim that the "aliens have better technology because they are so far advanced compared to us," but that's skirting the issue and, frankly, it's a tired and hackneyed phrase. We've heard it all before. It is just as conjectural as discussing IDH. It has very little theoretical foundation. We have one paper on a Gravitic Drive (earlier in this thread) and other than Hollywood and Star Trek, precious little else to hang our hat on. The only way around it is to delve into science fiction.

We've discussed this at length in the previous pages. We really should be beyond that by now. The more exciting new issues that have just come up include quantum entanglement (Thanks!) The BBC documentary a few pages back is well worth watching and, to me, gives some enticing hints. There is more to explore. For a bonus, here's a thread that does just that: www.abovetopsecret.com... which may be relevant here.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

No the only ones who talk about going through walls is crazy abductees, I think direct contact with aliens in facilities is more credible than abductee stories and aliens walking through walls. These are two different things and because a lot of such visions of aliens walking through walls which are nothing more than dreams or sleep paralysis and hallucination, or schizophrenia, mislead and make people think that the events happened and they are dimensional.

When it may be all imagination, while meeting militarly if real, is not hallucination, The stories of aliens coming to your bed while you're sleeping are too fictional to believe. How didn't I have any> Maybe it comes with sanity?

P.S Robert Collins says abductions are real and that aliens do not abduct people that are aware of them and what they can do, well I am aware, too bad. However here comes, thinking on my own, I do not think a lot of the cases of abductions are real, thus exclude walking through walls

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join