It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How Many Have Switched from Extraterrestrial Hypothesis to Interdimensional?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

As always, my friend!!!

Glad to contribute to some great material for the membership to chew on.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by The GUT
PLUS: Big shout-out to AQuestion, Flux8, AboveBoard, and W3RLIED2 for your fascinating comments. Thanks!

You shout out to someone who brings Demonic into this discussion?

Really? That is damn scary.

What is YOUR earth religion?

No less crazy than yours at the very least it seems:

AND - - If you follow abductions - - you will find many of them who research their own family - - will often discover grandparents who had an experience - - but never talked about it.

I think there are many things going on - - on many levels - - with many off-planet/inter-dimensional species. I think the planet is protected by a Galactic Federation (I'm not so sure about its human inhabitants). I think unity of this planet is essential for the survival of physical earth humans. Who knows - - there could have been a plan drawn up with a deadline. I don't think destruction of the planet will be allowed.

Something I find funny. I've had many "spiritual" people get angry with me for not being all "flowery" Lovey Dovey - etc.

I've been doing this for so long - - - I now see it more as a business. I just don't float around in La La Land (been there - done that). I don't fight my guides for my independence anymore. I just "listen/feel" the direction they want me to take and try to stay focused.

Hmmmm - - that sounds a bit dry. I also believe everything is energy - - and every thought is an action. So it is important that thought stays in positive. It just doesn't have to be "flowery" or sugar-coated.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And judging from your reply there, it seems you do believe in some form of interdimensionality. So why the guff and disingenuousness here?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Inter dimensional or time travel has always made more sense to me than actual space travel.

It's like picking one grain a sand out of a beach to find us...

I'll even say easier test I'll pick a grain a sand out of a small sand box, if you'd be able to find it with out me telling you, well that's about the odds of them finding us.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
urns and make no sound at speeds that are multiple times faster than the speed of sound don't defy our currently accepted physics?

Thanks for your thoughtful reply though. I found intelligence in it...but lacking the coherence you think the IDH does, too.

To each his own.

Fair.

I'm not fond of ETH, either. I just think that if we're going to talk about IDH - but that no one really knows quite what that entails, or what, really, we're talking about - that that is something of a circle jerk. That's not to say that this poll isn't valid or interesting...it is. I just mean that we're fooling ourselves if we all decide to agree on an explanation that none of us actually understand, and can't, because it doesn't include any meaningful details.

I'm under the impression of IDH that it's essentially like saying, "I don't think conventional ETH is right, and I don't think they come from Earth, so I'm going to accept that the aliens started out somewhere in reality, then something mysterious and spooky happens, then they are at Earth, and people see them. The spooky part is what I call the IDH, and I don't know what that means except to say that they didn't fly here, and that we couldn't fly to where ever they came from by conventional means."

If there's any more information than that detailed in a meaningful way in any version of IDH, I'd be happy to hear it. If there's not, then the phenomenon remains entirely unexplained and IDH is really just a fancy way of saying we have no idea how to approach the problem, so we've made something up as a place holder for, "I don't know."

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Of course I believe in inter-dimensional.

Demons? What does that mean? It's religious - - as are angels.

I find it stupid - - in these type discussions. As do I find Angels stupid in these type discussions.

Religion is man made. Religion has no part in serious discussion of "dimensional beings".

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I agree.

If someone interacted with a demon in our reality and it turns out there was no halucinations or whatever people write these things off as so frequently, it isnt a demon. Thats just what they labelled it from a religious stand point as a demonic being.

What i presume a demon to be is a non human being that interacted with a human. Interdimensional, et, bla bla bla, it was a life form not a demon.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

I don't know that I especially like the term "Interdimensional" all that much, but it's handy. Another theory that I find interesting and having the appearance of interdimensionality is the concept of plasma lifeforms that reside much of the time in a state outside the range of our senses, but can somewhat solidify when they wanna.

I don't totally agree with the author discussed in the following article, however--especially in light of my own experience--I do find some thinking-man's merit in it.

“Bohm, a leading expert in twentieth century plasma physics, observed in amazement that once electrons were in plasma, they stopped behaving like individuals and started behaving as if they were a part of a larger and interconnected whole. Although the individual movements of each electron appeared to be random, vast numbers of electrons were able to produce collective effects that were surprisingly well organized and appeared to behave like a life form. The plasma constantly regenerated itself and enclosed impurities in a wall in the same way that a biological organism, like the unicellular amoeba, might encase a foreign substance in a cyst. So amazed was Bohm by these life-like qualities that he later remarked that he frequently had the impression that the electron sea was ‘alive’ and that plasma possessed some of the traits of living things. The debate on the existence of plasma-based life forms has been going on for more than 20 years ever since some models showed that plasma can mimic the functions of a primitive cell.”

“An international scientific team has discovered that under the right conditions, particles of inorganic dust can become organized into helical structures which can interact with each other in ways that are usually associated with organic life. Using a computer model of molecular dynamics, V.N. Tsytovich and his colleagues of the Russian Academy of Science showed that particles in plasma can undergo self-organization as electric charges become separated and the plasma becomes polarizedÉ.. Tsytovich’s computer simulations suggest that in the gravity-free environment of space, the plasma particles will bead together to form string-like filaments which will then twist into helical strands resembling DNA that are electrically charged and are attracted to each other.”
“He adds that the ionized conditions needed to form these helical structures are common in outer space. If that is so, then it will mean that plasma life forms are the most common life form in the universe, given that plasma makes up more than 99% of our universe which is almost everywhere ionized.
www.mysterious-america.net...

Plasma physics is getting pretty hot in the last few years. A survey of that science turns up some pretty interesting things. Thanks for playing.
edit on 14-7-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I have this weird, speculative thought to explore - it is a big "what if" - but - "what if" by virtue of us being expressions of consciousness in the universe, we are Not "a grain of sand" in the sandbox, but instead, directly connected to all other conscious life in the universe, in ways we do not currently understand. What if finding us is merely finding a mental/spiritual resonance pattern of sorts, not a miracle of astrophysics and guess-work. Its an odd idea, to be sure, however, but if we expand the "dimensional" discussion to include such data as "near death experiences" and the sense of interconnectedness to all life that I've seen as a common thread among many NDEs, it is possible? If only in my far-stretching (over-reaching??) mind, perhaps... So, I cautiously present this little idea that has been niggling at me - We Are All One - and I don't mean in a New Agey sense, but in a very real sense, so that is, imo, how they 'may' be able to 'sense' us! ;-)

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by The GUT

Of course I believe in inter-dimensional.

Demons? What does that mean? It's religious - - as are angels.

I find it stupid - - in these type discussions. As do I find Angels stupid in these type discussions.

Religion is man made. Religion has no part in serious discussion of "dimensional beings".

But the Galactic Federation Religion is okay?

Interdimensionality could or could not be related to the spiritual. Why not just let everyone have their say? Peace, Annee. Or should I say: We Come In Peace, Annee.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What's the third choice?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Think the ghost's are interdimensional - a rip in the fabricate of time if you will that some people get a glimpse into.

Think the UFO's could be both or none or the government.

Tonnies was big on Mars structures heard many inteviews with him on the Paracast - sharp guy died way too young. What was his position on Mars? That we abandoned Mars for Earth thus explaining the structures left on the planet & how does that tie into his interdimensional theory? I forget its been awhile since ive listened to his interviews. Good thread!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
What's the third choice?

rickymouse is behind it all. Didn't I mention that theory?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Being old school on ET's,and with new data,per se, shining light on possible parallel universes,I am going with a combination of current military/ inter dimensional activity.
A whole lot going on behind the eight ball.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I try to keep the conspiracy as simple as I can.

Since its quite possible for humans to make it to another planet already, however impractical, its equally possible for somebody from another planet to make it here using similar methods.

Why bother jumping through dimensions to get here when a simple rocket will work?

Umm, because while we can go to the dead islands close by in a canoe, it does not mean that we can go to a civilised planet in a rocket. Unless you're suggesting that there are living intelligent beings on mars or neptune?

Which I do not.

It would take us more than our life time to even get a spec of distance to the nearest star that might possible harbour some form of life. So unless they can somehow detect us, build a machine that can warp time and space in order to come and simply look at what the funny humanoids are doing, and then potter off back home again in time for supper, they either have some different form of technology that allows them to be here and there at the same time, or they are capable of interdimensional travel.

If we're to entertain that alien intelligence is indeed visiting us then it makes more sense to concede that they are not from very far away... but perhaps closer than we think interdimensionally.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Annee

I agree.

If someone interacted with a demon in our reality.

Thanks. Is there Positive and Negative? Absolutely. Just like there is in the real world.

But - Demon? That is 100% a religious connotation.- - - that has no place in serious discussion of inter-dimensional beings.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm old enough to be of a generation where even mentioning the ID hypothesis use to see you looked at in such a way as to suggest you needed psychiatric aid. That said, in the late 70s and early 80s several leading lights slipped out of the British Ufology filed being of the opinion that.

"We can catalogue all we like, talk all we like, till our own science catches up with what we think might be actually happening it's pretty much pointless".

By that they meant, until scientific theory caught up with the idea that there might be more than the dimension we inhabit it was really bashing your head against a brick wall to try and understand further.

That;'s not to dismiss the ET explanation ,out of hand, in all cases rather, try to spot where the ID hypothesis seems a far better fit. It is looking like life might be far far more abundant throughout our universe than we once thought and as such, it would be foolhardy to simply dismiss the possibility we have been visited out of hand.

I have no problem with the possibility that, some possibly long dead race, sent "intelligent self replicating ships and machines with a certain level of concious thought" out to explore and simply watch other civilisations and to record their findings and possibly even having some low level of interaction with those civilisations they study.

On the other hand, there does seem to be a level of interaction with a non human intelligence that goes right back to our first ancestors an interaction that has, at times, been frankly, just plain weird, there's not really any other way to describe it. An intelligence that always seems to be, just the one step ahead of us with its' technology and understanding of how to manipulate our feelings and reactions.

I do sometimes wonder whether, there's an intelligence sitting alongside me as I type, that has as their signature on their own forum... "You can lead a human to water, but you can't make them think".

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Brilliant, FireMoon…and a creepy thought you've given me as I type this. Good stuff. Thanks for stopping by, brother.

mainidh: Nicely done as well!

kdog:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Until I've got one or both, or something altogether different, but similar in my big bit*'n butterfly net, under a microscope, at my place for tea, or somewhere, some when I can ask some rather pointed questions and get answers, I'm say'n NO to both.

That 'no' is in the respect of any or either visiting, and flashing their bums at us from the sky for a laugh, or whatever it is 'they' do.

In the greater universe at large, I'm certain there's likely millions of intelligent technologically complex accomplished alien cultures zipping about.
Visiting here? I'm extremely doubtful.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Its not exactly a switch. The universe isn't what scientists keep shoving at us this one homoginized plane of marble like material things. Its is a matrix, a hologram, a school, its a dream lab. ET is very complicated. There are ETs that operate in our dimension, and those that operate out of our frequency. Every single planet is a different space-time and has different frequency channels. We see very little. What I call ET is someone in body, not necessarily from our channel. What I call entity, is Spirit or Soul, that either hasn't incarnated or has passed on.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Aboveboard and Firemoon, I'm on your cloud. Comprehensive succinct fleshing out. It's happened to me, and others, so those of us who have experienced it can't off-handedly throw it out the door. You can lead humans to water and sometimes, sometimes, they actually drink it, and stick around for the after party.

Sorry Gut, had nothing directly to do with your thread. Just a last post of the night kudos to you ladies and gents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join