It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Game: 'US almost daring Tehran to Strike First'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This is one true article !!
RT really have incredible and reliable reporters

Iran could have rushed to a direct confrontation or made terrorist attacks in the US
or launched missile on Israel and US iraq bases a long time ago

after the Stuxnet attacks on their vital computer
after many terrorist attack on the revolutionary guards
after many scientist killed in the street in bomb attack straped to their car
after heavy sanctions to cripple the Iran economy
after so many false accusation like having WMD and the assasination plots
after ruining their reputation making old ally doubts their relation

Iran didnt attack anyone in 200 yrs
30 000 jews are living happy without any discrimination in Iran
CNN should speak about those things

This article cannot be denied by anyone

With sanctions against Iran gradually showing their ineffectiveness, Washington is escalating the situation in the Persian Gulf, as if encouraging Tehran to attack first, a US politics professor told RT.
­Amid pressure mounting on Tehran, a major Indian company, United India Insurance Co., has agreed to provide insurance for tankers carrying oil from Iran. Insurances are vital for sea transportation. Without insurance, tankers are unable to deliver oil from one destination to another.
The decision of an Indian company means a serious blow to the effectiveness of the US sanctions against Iran in a bid to crank up the pressure over the country's nuclear activities. The sanctions target companies accused of breaching a European ban on buying oil from Tehran.
Simultaneously, to give their sanctions policies some military support, the US is sending fourth air carrier to the Persian Gulf region. It has also been announced that America deploys underwater drones to deal with sea mines Iran might plant in the Strait of Hormuz to block the vital route.
“The more warships the US moves [to the region], the more threatened Iran is going to feel and there is more chance of triggering some kind of mistake,”/ explains Patricia DeGennaro, professor of politics at New York University.
She says the act of sending more warships to the region is a dangerous game of “dare”.
“I don’t know what they are going to achieve by putting more warships in the region. This is a very bad move. Maybe they are trying to make Israel feel safer, but in fact again that is a very dangerous game that is almost daring somebody to strike first,” the professor believes.

RT Link

Iran hasnt strike first because China and Russia told them not to
because they will not help Iran if they strike first .. Syria included
Putin probably told them both to be patient and dont enter Nato emperial bully game
meaning they have a plan to fight Nato if they strike first
edit on 7/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There is no doubt that the US wants yet another War. This is the one they want and they will keep poking the bear until they get their War. Simple.

It's as if the US just can't go without War. It's a disease amongst the leaders and a sense of pride amongst many citizens. Very obvious with some of the posters even on ATS. And to clarify, NOT all Americans fall into this mold.

Make no mistake. There will be War and this time the US will most likely get bit by the bear they keep poking. It's only arrogance that keeps them from knowing it.

Peace

edit on 14-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Everyone is dancing around and shadow boxing. No one wants the books to record for a thousand years that THEY, personally, started World War III. Even the Iceman himself in Moscow won't go first for the opener. It's just not the historical spot to want to hold.. lol... So of course Obama is pushing for all he's worth.

Seriously though.. This thing doesn't have to happen and Iran is *NOT* entirely the nation it's been portrayed to be. Oh they have some nut jobs in the power structure by my way of thinking and how most of the west thinks, no question. However, their people seem okay with it...and when they weren't Obama couldn't have cared less about helping them. Now, we're looking at going into a war which may kill thousands of them. Perhaps unthinkably higher numbers await us to see. I hope not, but this is insane and it DOES NOT need to happen.

Iran stopped pushing awhile back that I saw...we've increased the pressure in every way. Who is the aggressor right this minute? This is just nuts... I love my nation but there is no honor in this.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
its not a dangerous game. this is a sure thing.

Iran is going to sit down and do nothing and learn to love it.

Iran is being taught a lesson right now and they are learning.

the lesson is...you are not like the US, scale down your ambitions and live long.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

they have some nut jobs in the power structure by my way of thinking and how most of the East thinks, no question. However, their people seem okay with it

Just checking to see if West is changed to East...how would the rest of the statement look?

Yup, seems about right.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

they have some nut jobs in the power structure by my way of thinking and how most of the East thinks, no question. However, their people seem okay with it

Just checking to see if West is changed to East...how would the rest of the statement look?

Yup, seems about right.

Peace

I would imagine their people DO say about the same thing although after living right up close to a decade of war, perhaps not half as kindly as I put it. lol.... I Miss America. The America that I knew most of my life and which ended on 9/11. Peace time America. End the friggen wars. Enough. How many hundreds of thousands are enough to die? It's just got to end... Sheesh. We're at the point with Syria and Iran where we're creating the very situations we then point to as the reason we have to do something. It's just criminal.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't think Iran should have Nukes and with that being said, I don't think the US should be starting another war, or "poking the bear." We should bring all our troops home from the Middle East. We should have never went into Iraq, no more than we should go into Iran.

The whole "stated" purpose was to get Bin Laden, which wasn't in Iraq in the first place. The US should have sent the Navy Seals after him and left rest of the troops home. There was not a need for all the wars, bloodshed and deaths, but we all know that Bin Laden was only a proxy.

I dont know the solution for Iran and the nuke situation, but it sure isn't another war. Negotiations should be completely exhausted and I dont feel like they have been yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Your thread is certainly Current Events, yet I question the source of propaganda that you
are rooted to. I am not implying that other "Western" Media outlets are innocent of this systemic
behavior, however, you should remain open to "New and Improved" informational sources.
NOBODY WANTS WW. In fact, IT IS FORBIDDEN.

Localized and regional warfare is the only game in town.

As Far as these Depopulation threads that you read are concerned, I will say this.
A Parasite is doomed if it kills its host.
In other words, if you kill off all your Customers, your business is doomed.
However, a timely integrated method of "Green" population control is in the works.
Think "Sustainable Planet".

One of the main issues is gene pool reduction.
If you take the time to do some research into Endangered Species
you will be clearly alarmed to the grim realities facing the diversity of life
due to Human Population. It is an unsustainable endgame. It is only a matter
of time. It would be wise, if you care about Life on this planet(Human as well),
to take into consideration acceptable methods to restrict reproductive behavior.

In other words, birth control. This does not fair well with certain religions.
Therefore, the dangerous and unethical methods are being employed.
It is a matter of personal responsibilty to prevent this. Manage your family,and...
if you take, well put something back. Plant a seed for the future.

How does this relate to your thread?
Well in this day and age, war is justified by profit and population control.
Plain and Simple. No ifs, ands, or buts, about it.

Best Regards, and
S&F to you.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 14-7-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Content Edit

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

There is no doubt that the US wants yet another War. This is the one they want and they will keep poking the bear until they get their War. Simple.

You speak with such certainty. But, it is just rhetoric. Can you support your "There is no doubt that the US wants yet another war"? Some links etc?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

You speak with such certainty. But, it is just rhetoric. Can you support your "There is no doubt that the US wants yet another war"? Some links etc?

Right. As if anyone in any seat of power would come out and say it. Please, all of you, stop asking for links on subject matter that clearly won't have one. Use your brain. It's obvious that the US Gov is pushing buttons all around the world in an agenda driven manner. Just because they don't say it doesn't make it not true.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Do you really need someone to supply you with links for proof of this? REALLY? Haven't you been paying attention to what has gone on in the past decade?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Geez, I must have psychic abilities because I said something similar to this in another Iran thread.

Tensions Escalate in Straits of Hormuz

Originally posted by Jakes51
Right now it looks to be a staring contest, and the next move is for Iran to make.

This game has been going for far too long if you ask me. Talks here and talks there, heated comments from all sides, military maneuvers, and back to the beginning. Like a broken record. I am getting sick of it already. Somebody attack or something so we can get this show on the road. If nothing is going to happen? Stop clogging up our time with this soap opera. It is really getting tiresome. I tend to look at the situation as the other way around. I think Iran is trying to provoke Israel and the United States to strike first. Why all the threats to disrupt flow of oil by shutting down the Straight of Hormuz, or why all the insults and threats tossed in Israel's direction like every other week?

It seems their whole strategy during this fiasco is to get the people of the world to see Iran as some kind of martyr? Some have bought it and some have not. People have gone on about seeing bullying and displays of bold aggression by Iran's opposition? All I have seen is patience. This thing has gone on for years. Frequent talks and negotiations have been held which have gone nowhere, numerous inspections have failed, and the questions remain. These sanctions everyone is getting bent-out-of-shape over has been a long time coming, and there was repeated threats of sanctions for quite awhile. Yet, Iran continued to drag their feet, disrupt negotiations, obstruct inspections, and persistently lob loosely veiled threats at their critics. If anyone is going to attack? I think it is going to be Iran. They are currently baring the brunt of the full might of the US Navy on their door step. That has got to infuriate the Iranian leadership to no end.

As I have said before, it is not too late for Iran. Hostilities have not begun, and they still have a chance to make a deal. However, as each day passes that window of opportunity gets smaller. I think the US and Israel are locked and loaded, and just waiting for Iran to do something. I hope it does not happen.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
"This is one true article !!, RT really have incredible and reliable reporters"

Ya think??? Seriously??? Your whole thread was flawed right from here.

Originally posted by Ben81
This is one true article !!
RT really have incredible and reliable reporters

Iran could have rushed to a direct confrontation or made terrorist attacks in the US
or launched missile on Israel and US iraq bases a long time ago

after the Stuxnet attacks on their vital computer
after many terrorist attack on the revolutionary guards
after many scientist killed in the street in bomb attack straped to their car
after heavy sanctions to cripple the Iran economy
after so many false accusation like having WMD and the assasination plots
after ruining their reputation making old ally doubts their relation

Iran didnt attack anyone in 200 yrs
30 000 jews are living happy without any discrimination in Iran
CNN should speak about those things

This article cannot be denied by anyone

With sanctions against Iran gradually showing their ineffectiveness, Washington is escalating the situation in the Persian Gulf, as if encouraging Tehran to attack first, a US politics professor told RT.
­Amid pressure mounting on Tehran, a major Indian company, United India Insurance Co., has agreed to provide insurance for tankers carrying oil from Iran. Insurances are vital for sea transportation. Without insurance, tankers are unable to deliver oil from one destination to another.
The decision of an Indian company means a serious blow to the effectiveness of the US sanctions against Iran in a bid to crank up the pressure over the country's nuclear activities. The sanctions target companies accused of breaching a European ban on buying oil from Tehran.
Simultaneously, to give their sanctions policies some military support, the US is sending fourth air carrier to the Persian Gulf region. It has also been announced that America deploys underwater drones to deal with sea mines Iran might plant in the Strait of Hormuz to block the vital route.
“The more warships the US moves [to the region], the more threatened Iran is going to feel and there is more chance of triggering some kind of mistake,”/ explains Patricia DeGennaro, professor of politics at New York University.
She says the act of sending more warships to the region is a dangerous game of “dare”.
“I don’t know what they are going to achieve by putting more warships in the region. This is a very bad move. Maybe they are trying to make Israel feel safer, but in fact again that is a very dangerous game that is almost daring somebody to strike first,” the professor believes.

RT Link

Iran hasnt strike first because China and Russia told them not to
because they will not help Iran if they strike first .. Syria included
Putin probably told them both to be patient and dont enter Nato emperial bully game
meaning they have a plan to fight Nato if they strike first
edit on 7/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
And by the way, not THAT dangerous....the US would WIPE THE FLOOR WITH IRAN in less than 2 weeks without ever putting a boot on the ground.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
And by the way, not THAT dangerous....the US would WIPE THE FLOOR WITH IRAN in less than 2 weeks without ever putting a boot on the ground.

Of course they could .. since they have thousand of nukes just waiting
How ironic from the US to told other never to acquire nuclear tech
with the fear that one day they will use it to make bombs that could wipe out cities

Iran is not the US .. they dont have the weapons and by far never used to nuke 2 civilians cities before
where a hundred thousand people burning in second inside a 5 km radius

Its because of the US that there is a big weapons race in the world
US is by far not showing good exemple .. how can anyone listen to them
when they constently threat to wipe out regime in the ME that dont agree with their empire plan

So gimme a break with your US could wipe out Iran in seconds
we all know that and Iran know it to
Assad and Amhadinejad dont want to ends up like Saddam and Gaddafi
they didnt retaliate at all so far
because Russia and China told them not to .. not yet
they are waiting for the US or Nato to act first
when they do .. it will legalise their war to defend an ally at all cost

If Israel strike Iran or Nato with the US delivering the final blow to Syria
with air support to the rebel

Russia and China wlll unleash the big red army that so many have predicted
China already own the US to legalise any invasion on american soil

Obama and his staff clearly underestimate the other side
Russia and China has been analysing the US moves very close
taking very important inteligence reports
Putin know damn well how to play chess with the US
his reelection is not a coincidence

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Do you really need someone to supply you with links for proof of this? REALLY? Haven't you been paying attention to what has gone on in the past decade?

'Links' are what the mass populace garner knowledge from, you fail to be creditable until you provide a 'Link' to a Government controlled 'Media'

Sarcasm aside,

Indeed, it's in the US best interest to have Iran be the Aggressor, it shall come to it either way

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
What you think? Will they attack this year, then give me a star. If not, write a comment

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

RT is Russian Television which is very much controlled by PUTIN. Putin and his ex-KGB cronies are Sucking Russia Dry of it's wealth as well as turning it more into a Dictatorship every day.

Russia is no longer anywhere near comparable to the U.S. Militarily anymore and unfortunately....Putin is consolidating Power by playing the old...Russia is a Superpower Card when it no longer is even close.

It is estimated that over 80% of all Russian Military Capabilities are in such a state of disrepair...that it would take a DECADE to even get battle ready Russia's extremely out of date Military Equipment.

With the installation of the New U.S. Missle Defense Grid which will employ not only the PROVEN SM-3 ABM but the FEL...Free Electron Laser as well as the MEB....Microwave Emitting Beam. The full installment of this U.S. Defense Net will render ICBM's as well as SLBM's OBSOLETE...never mind turning any Russian or any other Countries Air Force into TOAST! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I can't believe you posted that video.

Almost daring Iran to strike. Well it would be foolish on their part. Threats of the Bear or not. Nobody wants WW-III.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
its not a dangerous game. this is a sure thing.

Iran is going to sit down and do nothing and learn to love it.

Iran is being taught a lesson right now and they are learning.

the lesson is...you are not like the US, scale down your ambitions and live long.

Wow, you're not at all narcissistic are you?
The US, in it's Imperial years since 1940 odd, doesn't have a patch on what Persia (Iran) was capable on at the peak of their power. Persia was one of the world's most powerful and oldest civilization.
The US is just a blip on the timeline, Iran/Persia has been around for thousands of years while the USA has only been around for 200-300 years.

Also, to think Iran is afraid of the US is moronic. Iran has showed time and again it will do what the Hell it wants and if anyone stops it they will unleash the dogs of war. The only thing holding Iran back now is that Russia is playing peaceful and China is flexing it's own muscles in the S. China Sea/Asia.

If Iran struck first it could turn those $9b Carriers into floating wrecks and it would most likely cripple Israel's military.

Don't be fooled into believing Iran is going to back down because their history has shown the opposite to be true. Iran has the strength to bring the entire Mid East into war, even without support, and if Syria holds to their alliance then we could see two regional powers flexing their muscles and hitting the US a heavy handed smack.

Only time will tell I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join