It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama: ‘If You’ve Got a Business — You Didn’t Build That. Somebody Else Made That

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
This is indicative of the mentality of the new left. They want the middle class's cash because the rich aren't obiously giving it up.
Good thing i'm poor

Yeah that makes sense considering the left is for middle class tax cuts.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hey Obama?

You got a nobel peace prize you didn't earn that or build that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Hi Honor93,

I understand your frustration. I share in your frustration with government (even though I live in a different country).

Governments are in a sense middle men in some cases, and direct workers in others. The taxes you pay are intended to have the roads and bridges (essentially infrastructure) built for you - but the government merely acts as an executor of your (the people's) will.

It isn't the case that every single individual in a group served by leaders will be happy with the way things are run. It is especially not the case that everyone will be happy with the way things are run when systems fall apart. It is true, IMO that things have been badly run at multiple levels.

In a way I feel that the monopoly game is more responsible for the current predicament the US finds itself in, than anything else - and that is not about to go away soon. Perhaps not even until war completely (or nearly completely) destroys the current arrangement of TPTB.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Just sayin'

iowntheworld.com...

Out of context quote is out of context.

I expected more from you beezer.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I see its a long lost thread, although I heard that sentence for the first time, so I found this topic.

I personally agree with the statement.

It is nearly impossible to become very successful, especially in business on your own. I doubt there are many huge business, where only one person works

One person may have had the idea, he may have founded the company and took decisions, although he did not do it alone. Stating the for example Steve Jobs or Henry Ford did it alone, is insulting to any of the past and current workers in Ford or Apple. Every business is a collective of individuals and every individual work gives something to the business, so if any CEO or founder would claim they did it on their own, it simply shows their ego and lack of gratitude to every worker, even the cleaner & factory worker who made their effort, which created the final product, which got to the people. Only a one-man company can claim that they built their business alone, although even for them their family, friends and teachers gave some influence in their life, which created who they are.

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join