President Obama: ‘If You’ve Got a Business — You Didn’t Build That. Somebody Else Made That

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hehe, for once in my life, I agree with Americorp's CEO.
The notion of a "self-made" man it's just silly.
One human alone is not a human, ruminate that for a while.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

and

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Jon Lovitz chimes in.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I am just loving Jon Lovitz these days...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I wonder if some of the conservative leaners in this thread care that the quotes were taken out of context.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by megax5000

No not really, they pride themselves on bashing the President. It doesn't matter the context, it also doesn't matter that the sitting President has been the most small business friendly President we have had in decades. They take a brief clip of the President explaining that the people have lived up to their end of the social contract and business is not.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey Obama ... you may be POTUS but you didn't build that position on your own. Somoene else built that. And someone else got you to that position .... ACORN and the UNIONS. So don't get egotistical about being POTUS .. and tell your wife not to get all uppity about being FLOTUS .. and while you are at it, perhaps you shouldn't get paid as much as you do. Afterall .. you aren't there because of anything you did, but instead you are there because of what others have done. And give back all the money you made on your FICTIONAL autobiographies. Afterall .. not only are they fake but you didn't write them .. others made them for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Uh oh, you said 'uppity'.

and tell your wife not to get all uppity about being FLOTUS ..

You may need a fire extinguisher for the flames...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Uh oh, you said 'uppity'.

I know. It's true. Hillary was uppity too.
Some of these women who have been FLOTUS really were/are snobs.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It wasn't taken out of context. Obama's belief in collective salvation molds into his politics. He believes that someone can't start a business without the government and "the collective" helping that person out. That is false!

You don't need to get a business license to sell lemonade in your front yard, then you don't need a license to sell furniture out your wood shop.

What came first? The road, or the car?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well since you lack the basic education to know. People have roads since antiquity. So contrary to your personal belief the road came first.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Roads and people came before government help.....I have already proven earlier in the thread it was NOT taken out of context....it was exactly what he said. Defend him all you want..it just shows your true colors and his....anti-american and anti-capitalist and anti-freedom....PERIOD.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Can you place them 'in context' for me?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by megax5000
I wonder if some of the conservative leaners in this thread care that the quotes were taken out of context.

If it's not the "racist" card it's the "taken out of context" card.
Classic liberal ploy.

Admit it, Obama just hates success and will do everything in his power to keep anyone from becoming successful, unless of course there is something is in it for him.

But if he thinks success only comes because of someone else getting involved and making it happen, then he should be willing accept that the same applies to failure.

This business owner didn't do this on his own, he had a little help.
Ironically, and almost quite literally, it happened right under Obama's nose.

Via: IOTW

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

In the beginning Government created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Government moved upon the face of the waters.

¶ And Government said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And Government saw the light, that it was good: and Government divided the light from the darkness.

And Government called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

¶ And Government said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

And Government made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

And Government called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

¶ And Government said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

And Government called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and Government saw that it was good.

With aplogies to christians. Genesis. If it were written by Obama, because the Bible wouldn't have been the word of God without help from government.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by falseveils

LEGOS built that!
If it wasn't for LEGOS, you couldn't have done that.
You owe your life to a company based in Denmark, little girl!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dunndigidy

It wasn't taken out of context. Obama's belief in collective salvation molds into his politics. He believes that someone can't start a business without the government and "the collective" helping that person out. That is false!

You don't need to get a business license to sell lemonade in your front yard, then you don't need a license to sell furniture out your wood shop.

What came first? The road, or the car?

The United States Taxpayers paid for those roads. Those are OUR roads.

Obama and Elisabeth Warren have it upside down and backwards.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by megax5000

Nice try.

Everyone knows that Obama and Elisabeth Warren are 2 peas in a pod.

- Resist Capitalism 100% -

Smear American Exceptionalism when the teleprompter is turned off.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Not the kind of road we have that is made for cars. It was modified to the form it is now because of entrepreneurship.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join