It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone know anything about a 16 pointed star?? i know it's in some sort of sumerian seal...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Hanslune

not much, other than trying to understand the minds that came up with them.

They were hidden via codes. Francis Bacon's writings are a good example. Ciphers.
edit on 15-7-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Oh one note, symbology is taught, its usually in cultural anthropology, its called under different names, Symbolic anthropology or interpretative cultural anthropology, there are probably other names too

symbology

Symbolic anthropology views culture as an independent system of meaning deciphered by interpreting key symbols and rituals (Spencer 1996:535). There are two major premises governing symbolic anthropology. The first is that "beliefs, however unintelligible, become comprehensible when understood as part of a cultural system of meaning" (Des Chene 1996:1274). Geertz's position illustrates the interpretive approach to symbolic anthropology, while Turner's illustrates the symbolic approach. The second major premise is that actions are guided by interpretation, allowing symbolism to aid in interpreting ideal as well as material activities. Traditionally, symbolic anthropology has focused on religion, cosmology, ritual activity, and expressive customs such as mythology and the performing arts (Des Chene 1996:1274). Symbolic anthropologists have also study other forms of social organization such as kinship and political organization. Studying these types of social forms allows researchers to study the role of symbols in the everyday life of a group of people (Des Chene 1996:1274).

It may also be taught under fine arts

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

WOuld one learn insights into the Masonic system in this class?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

this came to me in a dream idk what is either but i would like to know as soon as i woke up i drew it i have never drwn anything like this and i am noot an artist at all so its jus really weird its like i got a download from my dreamworld and brought into this one

<< 1   >>

join