It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do western people have the right to complain about Muslim people settling in their countries?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually the supreme language here in America should be Cherokee. We were the largest tribe. We don't even have a homeland to live in. Jews cried and cried until they got theirs and there has never been a worse group of people on this planet than them. But we were civilized and allowed the invaders to come. We felt sorry for them and couldn't watch them starve and helped them.

Look where it got us. This will happen to the western world too. You too will lose your homes and culture. You are too nice and too compassionate for your own good. Instead of making a stand and making lines that cannot be crossed you accommodate the invaders. This is certain to ruin you. You sit and debate endlessly about racism and let things go when you're too stupid to see what is happening.

Unless you stand up and use force to protect your way of life you will lose it. It must not matter to any of you because no one does anything but whine and moan about it. Western culture lost it's way in the 50's and every since it has been busy self destructing. You are lost. You are not capable of standing up and putting things right. Everyone is too afraid of being called a racist or insensitive. That is your downfall.

Take it from someone whose culture and way of life were destroyed. One whose language was banned and whose religion was banned and who pretty much lost it all. You're heading the same way. The muslims have no stupid ideas about sensitivity. They do not care about your feelings. They will most certainly win. You have been too brainwashed to win. You've been sold a bill of goods that leads to defeat and there is nothing you can do about since you have wrapped yourself in this stupid sense of being inclusive and being tolerant.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
As soon as i read the title of the thread i knew there was going to be some sort of mentioning of the past actions of the British,whos ancestors have nothing to do with current day affairs.They're dead for heavens sake.

Do you know your history? Did you know that the Muslims have conquered Europe a number of times before and brought nothing but bloodshed? Probably not and you probably blame everything on Westerners.Oh and did you know that it was the Muslims that started the African slave trade that whites are blamed for? Once again,probably not.

Would Westerners be welcome in the Middle East if they arrived in large numbers and wanted to bring their culture or religion which contradicted the native culture and religion? No of course not.Remember that the only reason why Muslims are being allowed into the West is to make Western countries Islamic states and ethnically cleanse the native populations(yes,this is an admitted agenda).

As for the invasion of the Isles,the invaders never even caused 5% of genetic damage to the native population,therefore,the English are as Celtic as the rest of the Isles.I should know since i'm an English Celt myself.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Do western people have the right to complain about Muslim people settling in their countries?

I think they do, but not just for Muslims, for every large immigration group. Immigration has it's own problems regardless of who is trying to come.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Indeed.Tolerance/ignorance will be our downfall.Thankfully though Europe seems to be waking up to this outside threat.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

“It’s only a matter of time when my children will be forced to read the Qur’an.”

There is no teaching in Islam to force children . For letting them get familiar with Islam teachings , Muslims do that and that is not by force.

Because force is not allowed for getting some one into religion

It seems like a culture when people teach their children about Islam like your father taught you history.

Well that's happening in Wales, a lot of communities are being destroyed on the West coast of Wales due to people who aren't Welsh buying cottages, and then convert them into holiday homes where they live for no more than a month a year. Then some of them actually come and live there permanently, and buy local pubs, shops and restaurants and give them an English name so they can be pronounced. They don't even bother learn the history of the area or the language, and send their children to English school.

There is a useful law for that in Iran. To prevent jungles and gardens to be destroyed and prevent , there are limited ares where wealthy people can buy their holidays house. So , many villages look like they looked before
Houses are not cheap in those limited areas.Villagers tend to live their home while not being disturbed by wealthy or urban people who are just after having fun and destroying nature.

That will be useful.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cllj7
Now back to the point of this thread, do people seriously have the right to complain about Muslim people settling in their countries, especially English people? Because I don’t see it that different to what their ancestors did to many other countries.

The difference is, our ancestors did that.
We're not responsible for what people did years before even our grandparents were born..

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
No one wants to say it as bluntly as this, but the undercurrent to this whole argument is sufficient force and faith in your ideas means you win.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Take it from someone whose culture and way of life were destroyed. One whose language was banned and whose religion was banned and who pretty much lost it all. You're heading the same way. The muslims have no stupid ideas about sensitivity. They do not care about your feelings. They will most certainly win. You have been too brainwashed to win. You've been sold a bill of goods that leads to defeat and there is nothing you can do about since you have wrapped yourself in this stupid sense of being inclusive and being tolerant.

Does that mean that we should be arrogant about what our fathers used to do ?

I think living your culture is one issue but simultaneously , you should find the best way to adapt it or even change it

Being arrogant about culture and history is not going to solve every thing.

Another wrong thing that you are doing is comparing Jews with Muslims. Islam is not about racism , it is a lifestyle.

So , there are different kind of Muslims living from Indonesia to the North Africa.

They are Muslims and they have their culture for themselves. Except that they don't bow to idols and goddesses.

I repeat , Being arrogant about culture and history is not going to solve every thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've tried to read the whole thread, but don't really have time for all the history arguments.

All I'm going to say is that this stuff runs both ways ...

I have a number of friends from the middle east who struggle to fit in at times and its not because they're not trying. People make really upsetting assumptions based on a person having a strong accent. Is quite sad really.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

So .. i guess you missed a little thing called ... the 21st century. Have you read the news? You convert to become a Muslim , you have three chances , and then your head comes off. They also dont just chop your head off. They get a knife and slice it off.

Would you like to see videos?
edit on 15-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by mideast

So .. i guess you missed a little thing called ... the 21st century. Have you read the news? You convert to become a Muslim , you have three chances , and then your head comes off. They also dont just chop your head off. They get a knife and slice it off.

Would you like to see videos?

Could you explain more?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by Ookie

Indeed.Tolerance/ignorance will be our downfall.Thankfully though Europe seems to be waking up to this outside threat.

too late!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah"

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quran (17:16) - "And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction."

I understand you have to defend your beliefs , however , Allah goes to the entire annihilation of every religion through the slaughtering of the people through the people. Allah uses divine punishment through his Muslims. HOwever , if Allah was going to kill us himself , such as great cataclysms. Then so be it , but your neighbor , who could be a Muslim , is instructed to kill you for non belief.

Muslims arent your friends.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

#ing Brits. You're still smarting from the fact that you don't run the world anymore.
reply to post by The Sword

Uhh.....that was a little racist don't you think? Or at least, a grotesque generalisation.
Back to the question at hand:
If I have a barbecue in my back garden and invite all my neighbours...great.
Some will bring extra food (or their own food), or some kind of contribution to the barbecue. Some don't because they have no money. That's fine, no problem. After all, it's MY barbecue and I invited them.
However, if one of my guests turns up empty handed, castigates me for the food I'm cooking, starts insulting the people in my garden for drinking beer or dressing a certain way, or is greatly offended by the things the other guests are talking about in the PRIVACY of MY garden, starts insisting I get rid of all my food and cook only what he finds inoffensive, demand my guests change their clothes and dress more modestly and stop saying things that offend him.......I would politely ask him to leave as he is contributing nothing to the barbecue.

.....or am I being too intolerant here?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

TextWhich language would that be? Because first you would have to determine which native American tribe was here first. America has no official language. That's why you have to push 1 for English.
reply to post by buster2010

What language was the constitution you hold to so dearly written in?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

American?

Carolina actually recognizes American as its official language. Also , there is such a thing as ' American English '.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not sure about Britain, but here in South Africa there's continuing xenophobic violence where foreigners, including Muslim Somalis, Bangladeshis and Pakistanis, had their shops petrol-bombed and people were attacked and even set-alight!
www.timeslive.co.za...
www.xenophobia.org.za...

However, it seems the world doesn't care much if the perpetrators aren't white.
How else can one interpret the silence?
Having both "formerly oppressed" victims and victimizers probably makes the politically correct mind explode in confusion, so it's best to say nothing.

As for Britain, I suppose people can use the historical argument that they colonized other countries, so they should now accept settlement through immigration (although that argument is less applicable to the Nordic countries, but it could also apply to the former USSR, which effectively ruled much of the second world during the Cold War and is allegedly quite xenophobic to certain foreigners nowadays).

However by that historic argument, it's also true that Britain set aside reserves for the natives wherever they ruled (at least where they settled and didn't just have a tiny administration).

So by the historic argument certain parts of Britain should then be set aside as native reservations for "indigenous British people" only.
"Indigenous British" would be those with ancestry native to Great Britain at the start of the colonial era (or say for example 1700).
In those reservations the natives should decide how much Islamic and other influences they would like.

It probably won't happen, but it's a view in line with the argument that the history of colonialism justifies immigration.
That historical argument should be consistent with the whole history of colonialism, and not just certain bits.
edit on 15-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

Those Damn Romans really screwed the world up during that time didn't they........

Seriously trying to take over the world and stuff.....wow they were delusional....

Unless it worked.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm mostly very much against it if the Muslim people prefer to carry on with all there own traditions and try to stop us from doing our Christmases, Easter, etc as they have. The Muslim people say they dont drink, yet they do, yet they say we should not have clubs and pubs.
Lots of UK crime is done by Muslims, a Police Officer in London told me if Muslims went home crime in the UK would fall by 60% because they hate living in the UK as it is today, they want Muslim laws, we dont.
If they want to live as we do, within our rules, I like millions of others are very happy about that, if they dont then they have got to go.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Originally posted by justwokeup
Race is a matter of genetics, not culture.

Criticising cultural or religious practices is not racism. Those things have nothing to do with race and are a matter of personal conviction, where Race is not.

Thats why criticising race is unjust but debating the rights/wrongs of particular behaviour is not.

The future of human society is at stake, its a battle of ideas not race. The 'race card' is a deliberate misdirection to make people fearful of engaging in debate.

You are wrong. Race is a purely cultural construct. All humans descended from the same original species (people). They then proceeded to move about the continents. The tribes then interbred in relative isolation for hundreds or thousands of years. Thus creating "races".
Black or dark skin children tended to die of a lack of vitamin D, and so the people of the cold climates became fair skinned. Light skinned children tended to die of sunburn, and so the people of the hot climates had darker skin. People in lovely tropical climates survived best with a skin that tanned but allowed in sunlight. And so forth on all so called racial characteristics. Sort of like dog breeds, with a chihuahua being one race, and a great dane another race, yet they are both of the same species and can interbreed.

Therefore, race is purely a social construct, and what social group one chooses to belong to. Today in every "race" there are lighter and darker skinned people, people with wide and narrow noses, people with wide and narrow lips etc. Race is not genetic at all, but a result of the social group your ancestors belonged to for many generations.

Actually, racism is culturalism and vice versa. However, if you belong to one social group and decide to move to another social group - one should adapt to the prevailing cultural norms of the new social group. Insist the new social group has to change to the customs of your social group is rude and arrogant. It is the same thing "white" people did in the past that was so highly criticized by people of color. Now people of color are doing the very same thing to "white" people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join