It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous precedent on these forums !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Murgatroid

I call that a "poser posse". A team of real life rejects who think they are all that online buzzing like flies around a thread they disagree with. It's usually the same folks. After a while you recognize them.

Would some of these posters happen to be some of the older, more 'respected' members in your experience?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
I think some of you may be so conditioned to it that you are missing the OP's point.

Correct me if I am wrong OP but I think you are talking about the massive amount of HATE and the mob mentality that ridicules and attacks everyone who doesn't go along with the agenda.

It is true a picture can speak a thousand words. Mob mentality is a part of it, but its the air of it all. To deny ignorance and work to debunk or uncover the truth should be a team effort in a sense. To an outsider searching for answers to something they have seen or experienced it may seem this site is the back corner of the internet with mobs of mongrels ready to pounce. If I am not mistaken, that hurts the whole purpose of gathering to find a solution to something that's abnormal or covered up. For example, Julian Assange is suffering every possible slam by the MSM even today. If he were to do that here today on the ATS forums, I think he would face the same scrutiny, hate and rejection.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

That is the irony of the whole thing, the HATERS are not only harming themselves but they are also spreading lies and more hate just like a huge never ending chain letter.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I agree with you, Druscilla, that makes sense. I know I have to have some passion to post, on days I am lacking, I just stay off and do other things. Many do take passion as an insult, and think when someone disputes them about their faith, it is slander, but that just isn't so at all. People tell me I'm going to hell in here all the time. They have but one goal: To scare me into joining their Cult. Shouldn't I be upset? Wouldn't it bother you if someone told you you were going to suffer eternal torment if you don't come over to my side? It doesn't matter that I don't believe in it, Christians do, and to them, threats of damnation are acceptable in today's society.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I know it can be quite an emotional roller coaster ride when first getting into some of the public debates that do go on, it is hard but try not to take it too personal. It is a complex world with many complex situations that we are all just trying to understand. If you can get past the superficial attacks and defence that does go on and try to find some compassion, empathy and reason it does help with your overall understanding, maybe you can help them along the way as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join