It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous precedent on these forums !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have been reading through the forums every other day for the last six months, but i rarely choose to post. I asked myself why I dont get more involved and realized i was scared too. On almost every thread, there are at- least 2 or 3 regulars that attack the poster or commentators like rabid dogs. Can a person be wrong about something without being curb stomped by the regulars?

I am faced with the choice of continuing to ignore the rude behaviors of the regular to find alternative news, theories and points of views or just perma log and let the mongrels have their way with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

If you feel you have something solid you want to contribute to a discussion, then do it!

Screw the trolls and the flamers. If you have an opinion, speak up! Ignore the BS. Thats what i do, and thats what most long term members on ATS will do also.

Dont be so shy! You are comfortably anonymous on this forum, unless you wish to make it otherwise.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Dont let words bring you down..

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The forum is actually a very good place to sharpen and hone your language and debating skills.
It will also give you a thicker skin, all good things to have, Never feel as though you are being intimidated, you make yourself feel however you like.
I regard this place as being similar to walking through a supermarket without your clothes on, everyones looking, eveyones dying to point it out, and you know it.
And, you don't really care.
I look forward to seeing you shop here.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, you don't want 'yes men' just to provide nothing but stars and flags. There are some good counterpoints provided by the rudes but you do have to ignore a good bit to stay calm. They love triggering emotional responses.

I believe a lot of people, "regulars", don't have very good communication skills. Probably cuz they spend all day on the computer, so they feel safe attacking via the web. Also, it's sometimes hard to understand sarcasm or jokes while reading posts. Some like to think they are funnier than they truly are.

Just keep your wits about you, research both sides, and the facts will point you in the right direction. There will always be a$$hats on the web.

Good luck.
edit on 14-7-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

I found your outlook humorous and probably effective.

Thanks for the insight and if you don't mind i will siggy it? I have always stood away from the crowd in fear of rejection i guess its just as much as my fault as the aggressive ones here.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

People here tend to have some passionate views about the topics they post.
Many take it personally, almost like an assault on their religious belief.

All in all, it's just words on a screen. There is yet an app out that lets one get stabby over the internet.

Say what you want to say.
Sure, people will probably disagree.
That's how the world works though.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Why do you care what the trolls do...

Speak your mind... ignore the wildlife

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
OP I agree 100%. I love to debate and hate trollers.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

It's not even regulars. I get attacked by over zealous newbies all the time. Their attacks mean absolutely nothing to be. It's funny seeing so many Self proclaimed "authorities" on any given subject weigh in like they know what the heck they are talking about. If you knew who they were in real life or what they looked like , you would be laughing at them.

The biggest online bullies are the biggest real life losers.

Trust me. It's truer than you will ever know.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
The forum is actually a very good place to sharpen and hone your language and debating skills.
It will also give you a thicker skin, all good things to have, Never feel as though you are being intimidated, you make yourself feel however you like.
I regard this place as being similar to walking through a supermarket without your clothes on, everyones looking, eveyones dying to point it out, and you know it.
And, you don't really care.
I look forward to seeing you shop here.

Agree. But everyone needs to understand that we're all human. And being human means that sometimes it's hard to swallow the truly ridiculous, and we can't just walk away from it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You will notice that there are 'regulars' who also do this in groups.
They will attack a poster and all spread the same, usually pro-US message.
They know that their opinions cannot stand for themselves so they need to prop it up via gang mentality.

This site is a cesspool and people like this get away with such actions because they are apparently the most respected members of ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Dear Shaiker,

Why did you join the site in the first place? It is what it is. If you have something of value to add, something that will have meaning to another and they are meant to see it then they will find it and decide for themselves if they believe it. Remember, most people don't post. Write your words for those who will appreciate them and the better you do it, the more you will be challenged by those who do not.

I am a Christian and usually only go on the spirituality forums. Everytime someone mentions God they are told that they believe in Santa Clause. It is the same statement every time. The people saying it could just link to their past statements and save themselves the effort of posting. You will find the same to be true on your posts and threads. After reading it 50 times it really doesn't add to the conversation. Keep posting and making your voice heard and I mean that even if you are a Satanist, this is about the marketplace of ideas and all should be heard (but, there is a requirement to meet the site's rules and be civil).

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
please remember,
if your posts are well thought out,
and you put effort into them,
there are people here who will support you and show you your imput is welcome

the older members usually circle the wagons around any poster who tries their best to make threads to the best of their abilities.

if you want to post make it heart felt and true,
we will support honest posters like the gold they are

iv got your back

xploder

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
They know that their opinions cannot stand for themselves so they need to prop it up via gang mentality.

This site is a cesspool and people like this get away with such actions because they are apparently the most respected members of ATS.

Cesspool?
Sounds like someone is a little too emotionally involved in a topic somewhere.
Cool down. Relax.
It's just words on a screen.

Step away from the computer?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Cesspool?
Sounds like someone is a little too emotionally involved in a topic somewhere.
Cool down. Relax.
It's just words on a screen.

Step away from the computer?

Well yes, if you cant attack my statement better to attack me.
Funny that sounds exactly like the people I have described.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think some of you may be so conditioned to it that you are missing the OP's point.

Correct me if I am wrong OP but I think you are talking about the massive amount of HATE and the mob mentality that ridicules and attacks everyone who doesn't go along with the agenda.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
if you believe youre right, then whats the problem?

if youre just repeating others.without understanding, hence no confidence.
then maybe you shouldnt post.
edit on 14-7-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I call that a "poser posse". A team of real life rejects who think they are all that online buzzing like flies around a thread they disagree with. It's usually the same folks. After a while you recognize them.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thems just words homie...thems just words...

Now if they show up to yer house and burn a cross on yer lawn.....then ya....then Id be upset.

I might even loose a few rounds in the madness......

It is what it is, Opinions are like butts, everyone has one. I know what you mean when everyone plays gang bang the queen, its unnecessary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join