It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not jobs people want. It's a paycheck!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have to finally say what I am sure other employers have noticed. People do not want jobs, they just want the freaking paycheck!

I have been offering up $75.00 a morning for three to four hours work. It is easy work that mostly involves driving around (in our vehicles) and doing about an hour of manual labor. The catch is that we are up before the sun is.

I placed an ad looking for another crew person back in 09. I had 200+ calls in less than three hours. This year the unemployment rate is worse than 09 and you know what? Same ad and NO responses in four hours! Times have changed, people want to get paid but they don't want to work. I know two people trying to get fired so they can collect a free paycheck for a year or two.

IMHO screw unemployment. It is just another form of welfare these days. Oh and SCREW welfare and all those on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

If a person is looking for a full time job* hehe there's the catch* that is pretty good to get you by while you look. AND it sounds like their free hours in the rest of the day would allow them to find a full-time job, well, full time lol. Our company (utility construction) hires about 4 new guys a year, only about 1 winds up willing to do the manual labor required to justify the $23 hour start pay. And we have KILLER benefits. Nobody has any work ethic anymore. I did harder work back home for just over a third the starting pay. I go above and beyond because quite frankly, I feel overpaid now. But I'm not scared of sweat or callouses.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I hear you. I feel the same. My advice is to find the people out who do want to work. Don't place ads. Go to agencies where there are people actively seeking work. Even the day labor halls are good places to go if you have sporadic, part time work available.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wheres the job located? i'll move to wherever it is now, have good experience, lots of good references also can you put forward. More details? ide kill for a job right now, im currently working part time as they kicked me off full time to save money (is getting downgraded even legal? even if it isn;t ide get fired for complaining) not everyone just wants a free ride, im 21 and cannot find full time ive handed out over 200 resumes, got some interviews here and their, got some part time offers but they wouldn't work out with my current part time hours.

Also please dont make a smarky comment on me not using proper grammar in an online forum, resume is different this i type with interwebz sp33k u kno?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Feeling a little jaded?.
Is it any surprise people want money?, the whole system is geared to making someone require it just to LIVE.
With so many people, who have worked hard for companies, to have their pensions stolen, their jobs outsourced, and to not be paid a genuine living wage in a lot of cases, i can easily see why people are so willing to treat the government, and the companies they work for with contempt.

Respect is a two way street, Labour is not valued highly enough, people should be paid a much higher wage at the bottom of the ladder, the cost of living keeps increasing, inflation is making the money capable of less and less, so many people are a couple of paychecks away from poverty.

Don't feel so angry towards people, if the system was different, and people were paid what they are worth, the whole attitude would be different, work is seen by so many as a means to an end and nothing more, the workers are seen in the same way by many employers.
Value people, pay them well, and they will go out of their way to ensure the company prospers.
A genuinely happy workforce goes the extra mile.#
And people pay into government welfare schemes, they are entitled to draw money from a government that has stolen it from them, withdrawing all support from the people would leave many completely destitute, enough are homeless and in poverty as it is.
You want a decent worker who is going to be reliable, pay them what that is worth to you, and not what you want to pay them.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
People probably figure that their time is best served looking for a steady job rather than taking a one time shot.

What you're offering isn't a job, it's a gig.

Now, if you're offering this as a regular thing multiple days a week, then I apologize for the misunderstanding. If that's the case, then I would advise making the idea that it's for multiple days a week a bit clearer.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What a load of CRAP.

I dont believe you. Your making this up.

Post the job location, I'm sure theres somebody on here who'll take the job/

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
now have they had any contact with you during this whole thing?
Because that could be a reason. You probably put them off with you silly remarks and sweeping wide generalizations.

Like screw everyone welfare...

To be honest I think your a troll
From looking at your previous posts its obvious you just don't know how to handle people. Maybe let someone else deal with interacting with people.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
To be honest I think your a troll

Got it in one.

Posts like these are a form of social engineering, we see more and more of them every day. Its the same method they use on TV. Just keep repeating it over and over and more and more people start beliveing it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I don't believe it. This is just another bash unemployed or poor people thread. Your Rush Limbaugh style of trolling doesn't work on ATS very well anymore. People have woken up.
edit on 14-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

That's not it friend,

First of all, while $75.00 a day sounds great, it's not long term. If someone is on unemployment and they take that first $75.00 from you, unemployment automatically drops them. If you are only paying them for a week long project, not only will they not be able to pay rent, they just lost their only other source of income. You are not offering them a long term job. They are weighing the consequences and saying nope.

However, if someone already has a job and the hours do not conflict, I bet they would not mind getting a few extra bucks working for you. Not only that, are you legit ? Maybe they don't think you are legit. Maybe they don't feel as though you are even going to pay them. You didn't go into detail with us, maybe you didn't go into detail with them. Do you know how many people calling themselves employers have actually screwed people with the same promise of pay after they work ?

Who are you ?

edit on 14-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't believe it either. Not when I put a sign on a pole saying "mow my lawn for $15 bring your own mower" (lawnmower broke can't afford a new one) brings in so many calls I have to turn the ringer and answering machine off so I can get some peace.
edit on 14-7-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Nope not a joke, Not untrue. Although I am now up to five respondents, Of course only two could spell..... I offer up a cool "gig" it is seasonal but we are working six days a week seven months a year. It is not a career, it is a fun but challenging "gig".

All through my 20's I would have killed to make $1,600 a month and still had enough freedom to find something that would pay better. Not to mention we treat our people great. No overlord mentality.

Past that statement I can safely tell ya I have no need to lie to a bunch of strangers on ATS. I could give a crap about impressing this crowd. If I wanted to impress you I would have told you what we do for a living. It is so unique I would be giving away who and where I am instantly. Something I care not to do on this forum lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is the exact sentiment I'm talking about in regards to the higher classes sentiment towards the lower classes in my thread I just authored.It's not that the majority of the lower classes want a free paycheck. What they really want is a fair piece of the pie. As soon as the mob makes waves about getting a fairer cut. Expect a full out attack by the higher classes questioning the integrity of the lower classes. It's standard operating procedure as far as dismissing the argument of fair wealth and land distribution.The everyone wants a free paycheck argument is nonsense.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
This is the exact sentiment I'm talking about in regards to the higher classes sentiment towards the lower classes in my thread I just authored.It's not that the majority of the lower classes want a free paycheck. What they really want is a fair piece of the pie. As soon as the mob makes waves about getting a fairer cut. Expect a full out attack by the higher classes questioning the integrity of the lower classes. It's standard operating procedure as far as dismissing the argument of fair wealth and land distribution.The everyone wants a free paycheck argument is nonsense.

Exactly. Maybe want some poser employers want is FREE or CHEAP LABOR

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Originally posted by GD21D

Exactly. Maybe want some poser employers want is FREE or CHEAP LABOR

If $75.00 for three hours of easy work is wanting "Free or Cheap" labor I may have found the problem. Some folks feel they are worth a lot more than they are.

I am amazed at the number of replies that think that the system "owes" them. You drive on the roads you eat the food, get a grip and realize there is NO free ride. Anyone that is good taking one is someone I have no respect for. Then again, I am 47 and have worked my way out of being homeless twice in my life. Each time I did it without a single handout. It took two years of living in a tent and saving every penny I could make to start my third business. Another eight to get it to roll hard. All done with no help from the system I despise.

Some of you folks keep thinking the system owes you and you will certainly get what you are owed lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I get so tired of hearing this garbage. What if many people do just want a paycheck?

People are tired of having the money they worked hard for stolen from them at every turn. Most people will have 50% or more of their compensation stolen from them yearly. Taxes on top of taxes on top of taxes. Fees, fees, and more fees. A bunch of fat cats sitting in government seats in their $3000 suits with guaranteed income and insurance for the rest of their life for for a few years of "service" making more laws, figuring out more ways to fleece the public, and going to ritzy parties rubbing elbows with other fat cats they gave BILLIONS of dollars of our money to because they were "too big to fail".

On top of that, cost of living keeps soaring, but wages don't. Adding insult to injury, you have utility and service companies always trying to find a new way to screw you out of another dollar. If you don't watch your monthly statements, they succeed too.

The old saying goes, dung rolls downhill. And we have great examples of how to live off the blood, sweat, and tears of other people in the public eye all the time. I have not one bit of sympathy for any corporation or other employer in this world.

If you want people to be responsible, and give a fair days work, for a fair days wage, give them an example to look up to. You want them to invest themselves into their job? Then invest yourself into them.

Bah!!!!!!

edit on 7/14/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I know someone who would take this gig in a heartbeat.
She has worked for me before.. What is your location?, you can be fairly non-specific if you like.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

I am amazed at the number of replies that think that the system "owes" them. You drive on the roads you eat the food, get a grip and realize there is NO free ride. Anyone that is good taking one is someone I have no respect for. Then again, I am 47 and have worked my way out of being homeless twice in my life. Each time I did it without a single handout. It took two years of living in a tent and saving every penny I could make to start my third business. Another eight to get it to roll hard. All done with no help from the system I despise.

Some of you folks keep thinking the system owes you and you will certainly get what you are owed lol.

Ha! I love this argument.How dare they? How dare the common people ask for a fairer share? How dare the common people desire financial security, security in owning property, security in having proper amounts of food day to day? Just who do they think they are?$25 an hour? Effective health care? A secure retirement? Just who do they think they are. The common people are not the providers of this vast wealth, the financial elites are. How dare the common people have any sense of entitlement.Actually, I think the sense of entitlement originates from the higher classes, not the lower ones. Who builds the roads? Who picks, packages, and serves the food? Who fights the wars? Who are the real "providers" in society? How dare the lower classes ask for more? Nevermind the fact that almost half of the population of the U.S. alone is at or near the poverty level. The majority of those people are just lazy though right?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

I would agree with the majority of your comment as well. While I've said I'm not afraid of hard work, I've felt a lot of the sentiments of your post myself, while working. I do believe labor is under appreciated, but I believe good labor should be appreciated far more than it usually is.

Some out there would say "we appreciate labor by paying your salary", I wouldn't want to work for anyone of that mentality,and have quit three jobs(many many many years ago) where management had that outlook.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I believe people are lazier , or maybe just feel defeated in general...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join