It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOPA reborn by Congress as IPAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
the idea is to force other countries to pass sopa like provisions so copy write maximisers can say,

all the other countries are doing it.

you see they cant pass it at home so if other countries pass it they can claim its a free trade treaty and sign it without any over sight

attaché act = force other countries to pass the laws to then define them as a treaty negotiations.

back door SOPA

xploder

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
the internet is at stake yet again,
we need to make this blackout bigger and longer
the legislators are treating us like fools

we are not fools they are
trying to do the same thing under a different name will enrage the net even more than before

xploder

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So where is Anonymous with all of this supposed dirt they have on the government? Weren't they supposed to let it all out of the bag when this crap hit the fan? What about Assange? I'm starting to wonder, really.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Par:AnoIA: Anonymous Launches WikiLeaks-esque Site for Data Dumps

Frustrated by the lack of impact from Anonymous’ otherwise famous hacks and data dumps, and the slow pace of material coming out of WikiLeaks, participants in the Anonymous collective have launched a WikiLeaks-like site called Par:AnoIA (Potentially Alarming Research: Anonymous Intelligence Agency).

Paranoia, which debuted in March, is a new publishing platform built by Anonymous to host Anonymous data leaks that’s trying to find a solution to a problem that plagues news sites, government transparency advocates, and large-website owners everywhere: how to organize more data than any human could possibly read.

source

i am not annon
but i read this yesterday....

xploder

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It really doesnt matter. a bbs would be setup where hackers would discuss assassinations to be performed and things to be attacked digitally. they will regret it. i could even build a whole new internet.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I forgot about BBSes. The original internet
I lived next to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, just as the internet was starting. Back then, only college students could get access to the internet. My stepfather ran a BBS. The forums there were no different than here, actually. But you had to own a few phone lines.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It will continue to reborn in all shapes and sizes until it does pass. It's unfortunate that the USA is doing it now too, but that seems to be the way the new world works now. Soon the USA may become like other countries around the world where leaders that do not pass some kind of legislation would be replaced by someone who will the following week/month.

This will hurt and cripple the small online businesses and the consumers/users freedom of choice, and speech, on the internet. Of course, a big business will tell you otherwise. They don't like seeing their former media monopoly and hefty margin cash cow die away. Not to mention their influence waning! My gosh, these people have an ego and a rich taste to feed!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I say dont fight this. Don't fight Obamacare either.. let them happen

The sooner they finish taking away all our rights the sooner We The People will revolt and go to war with these thugs that claim they are our representatives. After we take this country back then we can rebuild the right way. Fighting it now may just be prolonging our Freedom.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

so basically you are saying- Let them beat you to within an inch of your life so that you can TRY to come back afterwords to take them down?

I dont think thats a very good plan.

..but thats just me.

Im not one for giving up liberty just to have to fight for it back.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You are right - it makes non-sense to not fight back - maybe more pointed at specifics would help.

What's his name said, "Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead." TPTB are already damning our torpedoes and running full speed ahead to control every aspect of our lives.

Specialized workers are the only ones who know how to make socks and shoes - for those of us who need them we just go to a shoe store to get both in every style and color you can imagine.

Electronics! - Fugeddabowdit! How do you make gas from oil? Magic! Most of us don't even know how to grow our own foods except maybe tomatoes or spices and flowers.

Fracking the earth with poisonous substances is not going to grow good plants. Our great great great grandchildren will have to learn to extract all the not very natural substances from everything just to have a chance at living.

Of course anything is OK if you can make a million bucks at it. NOT!

Sometimes I wish there were real hostile aliens who are coming to exterminate all of us before we exterminate them.

If there are any friendly aliens they need to show up asap before humans permanently exterminate themselves for the big buck and unlimited power.

Our future is reclaiming garbage and turning it back into what it was!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I know they were planning on passing something similar in Canada but I didn't hear what ended up happening with it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

DO NOT USE Par:AnoIA!

It's not secure, and a lot of people are saying it's a trap by the feds. If anything, don't use it because it's insecure. You don't want to leak something and then get traced.

top topics

join