It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Television Programming (Pre WW2 through WW2) Television under the Swastika

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
As a science major that has been taught everything about biology and chemistry and know very little physics and I've always been intrigued on the history of Television and how it works ( I still don't know it's very confusing because people all over the world in the 1920's were inventing new types of components completely independent of each other).

However I did learn that although the Americans were at the forefront of inventing televsion pre-WW2, the Germans were even farther along actually completing the first broadcast network in the mid the 30's and although only maybe a few hundred german's had TV's they recieved television broadcasting nearly 24/7 on an almost completely live basis as there was no way to record and air television back then so everything they watched on CNN Deutchland lol jk was always live.

This blew my mind as I always had that nistolgic notion of the returning WW2 American soldier coming home, starting a family, buying his cookie cutter house, and his first TV set. But nearly a decade before that some very privy germans got the very first taste of Televised Media in a Fascist system. So for your entertainment I give you the history of Television in Nazi Germany.

I'm going to try and figure out how to get the videos posted but in the meantime here's the links:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

If you think the MSM is pretty controlled right now, maybe we can take a clue of what might be to come.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Swing80s because: Trying to get the videos working on OP

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's the first one. Look at how I did it by hitting "Quote" and do the rest.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Jude beat me to it

edit on 14-7-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The interesting thing here is that their dictator rode around in an open car.

The American dictator is a whole different story...

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fascinating. Thanks. Just wanted to bump this.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
LOL thx at the end of the 3rd video they're showing programs 1 week before the war, right after they sold out 10,000 TV's to the masses. "Volkstelevishin" or something it was to be called. But since most of the people that could afford a private TV were rich elites, most of the masses had to go to "TV parlors", kinda like internet cafes now adays, that were ran by the German Postal System. I'm curious about the 4th one cuz I never knew that there were TV BROADCASTS DURING WW2! That's just crazy!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The interesting thing here is that their dictator rode around in an open car.

The American dictator is a whole different story...

Peace

The last american president to ride in an open car was jfk. It faired real well for him i hear. By the way it was a removable bubble top and the air conditioning sucked, lol.

Very interesting that the nazis had 24/7 tv. I always wondered why we didnt in the beginning.

I don't even have a tv. Its just a propaganda and dumbing-down tool these days.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Fascinating. Thanks. Just wanted to bump this.

Agree, actually.

Could you imagine what this would have been like, if the Nazis had their way?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well just finished the the 4th video and WOW! The wartime programming was interesting as it seems like it was VERY uncensored because you can see amputees and people in hospitals talking about how good it is to dance even though they've never danced before but even though they have 1 leg he's finally able to dance with a beautiful frau. All the WW2 coverage was from the homefront encouraging the growth of gardens etc... The only thing is that they didn't broadcast any combat; could you imagine the first combat footage in the world on TV could have came from German TV stations?! Forget Nam' the German's could have been the first wartime television reporters! Crazy! Also the fact that they had a TV braodcasting station on top of the Eiffel Tower in occupied France as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If the nazis had their way we would probably be way ahead of ourselves technologically. They were way ahead of us. They invented the cruise missile (v1/v2), designed the stealth aircraft (america bomber), apparently made the first tv station... Invented the assault rifle.....nearly made the first nuke... Through operation paperclip some of their scientists came here and landed us on the moon, etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yeah if Hitler wouldn't have used the Jews as a unifying force for Germans to have something in common to hate, maybe he could have used Aliens or something lol, then he would have still had MANY great minds that would have worked for him. Maybe Eistein would have helped the German's nuclear program.

Also if he wouldn't have invaded Russia the UK and possibly us here in the US would be speaking German right now. Russia was his folly.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In an age that firearms controls were very primitive, one has to say, but there were for instances licenses to own a lighter in some nations...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So anybody finish watching the videos? Thoughts?

top topics

join