It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am trying to put closure on an incident that happened a few years ago. I have not found any answe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't really believe in gov't conspiracies or the supernatural. However, I was advised this site might help me make sense of an incident that happened years ago. So I'm on here trying to test my luck. I just finished 5 years service with a military force. During my second year of service they selected 20 hardcore guys for special combat and recon training in the Yukon. About 10 days later we got word the team was not contacting their support element. I was a member of the recovery team that deployed 2 days later. We found human tracks leading in all different directions away from the basecamp but everything was intact (my friend still claims he found a set of barefoot human tracks). It was as if they all just booked into the Yukon one day and decided to not come back. Nothing was missing. We were unable to acknowledge this mission during my time in the service. Everything went classified. We found personal effects (like winter jackets, boots, ruck-sacks, compasses, and hygenic items you want in the field!). We went through a mission log that scared the # out of me. I asked my superior what happened a few months later and he just replied, "we don't know but we think something scared them." Sometimes, I shiver when I think about it. To this day I don't know what happened to them and I'm not sure I really want to know. Has anyone ever heard strange/unusual stories surrounding the area?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What area of the Yukon? I've been in that area many a time...but the Yukon covers a hell of a lot of territory.

I'm very curious to find out what ever you can tell me.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydude

Do you remember what you read in (the mission log)?

I think one of 4 things may have happened. (1) They were all really scared by something and ran quickly to get away; but were not successful and perished; or (2) they made a plan and decided to leave; they are living in other countries now; or (3) A UFO landed and they boarded; or (4) they were taken to an underground base either to work or to be used in experiments.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This story has been on ATS recently. Darned if I can find it, but I believe it had a video included. I've searched here and on YouTube with no luck so far.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Has anyone ever contacted their family members? Surely a special force guy or tracker/investigator can extract some kind of clue as to what happened. But yea when it gets classified, I guess it may be a dead end.

Pardon the digression, but out of curiosity, I googled the subject and ran across another story from 1950 about a downed military plane with 44 people and no plane evidence or anything was ever found. In the spirit of ATS there was this little excerpt too:

On February 20, the search was officially cancelled and notifications were sent to next of kin informing them that the passengers were presumed dead.[15]
Incidentally, there were two contemporary reports of unidentified flying objects by officers stationed at Elmendorf AFB, the first a week before the disappearance, and the second two days after the disappearance. On April 19, Sgt. William Y. Harrell reported from the control tower that he had seen two UFOs seen hovering over a hangar emitting a green light, a report backed by other soldiers at the base. On January 28, Lt. Col. Lester F. Mathison reported seeing three orange cigar-shaped unidentified flying objects flying in tandem above the base. Both cases were investigated by the Alaskan Air Command, who ruled only that the objects were neither weather phenomena nor recognized aircraft.[16] The latter incident has also been catalogued as happening on January 26, within hours of the C-54's last transmission.[17]
In 2012, the descendants of the missing servicemen started a petition to the Federal government, through the We the People petition system, seeking to resurrect the search for their families' remains

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyway, I hope someone finds something, and please let us know if anything develops.

spec

edit on 14-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Good call.

Might not even be a ufo. Only 10 guys could easily be a helicopter sent to pick them up. But first perhaps they do a surprise drill to scare them send them running. That way there's all this confusing evidence for the recovery team to have to deal with. The military has always been known for experimenting on there own which is really sad.

They likely aren't dead. But maybe sent into some kind of elite group. Or sent to work some underground top secret bunker. or some crazy thing.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It was in the vicinity of Wrangell-St. Elias NP. I am not comfortable disclosing anything more specific. I just wanted to see if others had heard these types of stories.

* I see that you are a moderator and I apologize if my post is in the wrong section or not proper for an introduction. However, I do not think I will be able to make 20 posts on this website. I am not very familiar with this type of content.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yes, I remember the mission reports. I do not want to disclose them because they take away from my actual reason for posting. However, what freaked us out is the fact that they were coherent, concise, detailed, and quite insane and implausible. But they do not offer any real clues as to what happened. Someone was kind enough to alert me of the Dasytoliv (maybe spelled incorrectly) Ski Team in 1959. That was the type of information I was looking for. Any other information I have just begs more unanswered questions.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This thing happens all the time dude, they ended up on a planet far away with other elite squad members, left to fend for themselves in the wild, while being hunted by PREDATORS.

On a serious note, more info, what scared the crap out of you in the mission report? What was insane and implausable?
edit on 14-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

This incident was around March '08. Have you heard anything about stationary aircraft sending SOS signals?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Could this have been a drill for the recovery team?

A test to grade the fitness and response of the recovery team when confronted with, as you say, an improbable situation?

Also, id does indeed sound a little bit like the Dyatlov Pass Incident: Dyatlov Pass Incident wiki

In that case, however, the bodies of all concerned were found; two with fractured skulls, two with fractured ribs, one missing her tongue, and all their clothes were reportedly found to be highly radioactive.

Strange case.

Here's a more thorough in-depth look at Dyatlov Pass by a Russian Blogger:
Dyatl ov Pass investigated furter

What's interesting about the link above, is, a recent 2007 expedition found a graveyard of metal fragments in the area supporting speculation into causation by military tests. This is found toward the bottom of the above linked page.

Fun stuff.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Everything went classified.
might this be like, a real big hint?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That's an odd story indeed. What could possibly scare a bunch of trained and armed men to abandon their camp site like that?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Thank you for those links. I appreciate the help because the goal of this post is to help put this behind me. This is not something easy for me to let go of because it doesn't follow logic. There are many similarities of these two incidents/tragedies. The most notable differences are as below:

1.) We were extracted immediately following the morning winds the next day. Our total time on the ground close to 24 hours (we were supplied for much longer). No one was recovered.

2.) The men scattered in different directions.

3.) They didn't all take their weapons (this would be a punishable offense and it doesn't make sense).

4.) The mood of the men was sour/skid-dish leading up to the break in contact.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Were you briefed on their moods, or did you know some of the men? If they initially scattered in different directions, where did the tracks lead, or did they just disappear shortly? I'd expect a recovery team could follow tracks for a considerable distance, so did they just continue in the same directions or did they eventually turn back toward camp, or towards one another? There is absolutely nothing I can think of that could scare a group of trained and armed men to abandon a camp in totally different directions without any gear or weapons, and not leave the camp disturbed in any way? I mean, even a zombie, or UFO, or werewolf would have left some traces in the camp. Also nothing I can think of that would make them just run in all directions without them shortly teaming back up to recover their camp.

I have to be honest here, the fact that you don't think you can make 20 posts, and the fact that you don't think coherent yet implausible notes from their mission are pertinent to their disappearance makes me think you are yanking our chains.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This has been a very respectful and supportive forum for me to discuss this content. My gf laughs at me and some of my "friends" dismiss me. That's alright because just looking at some of the topics on the website makes me say "what?!?" in a dismissive manner. And I don't know about this conspiracy stuff or really believe most of it. That's not to say I am an expert on the content or informed. However, I can't comment on stuff I know nothing about because it adds nothing to your community (I guess I could comment things like "wow sounds......." or "nice post."). But I'm not looking for validation or website points. I'm not looking to share stories about good guys so that you have creepy excerpts to tell your friends on a Friday night. Good guys are gone. I take that seriously. And no-one on the ground logged into facebook and put a frown face as there current status. Patrols and sentry's reported unsettling things that were passed off as dehydration and fatigue. I've gotten great feedback, Russian ski team (same guy who referred me here), and am looking for more stories like them. Otherwise, this post gets me back to square one......defending my credibility or not sharing any information and trying to get answers.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

as it seems none of our canadian members
have seen this i'll make a possible suggestion

Wendigo

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Happens all the time.
Why are you talking about it?

I guess swearing to an oath means nothing to you?

C'est La Vie

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'd like to know what was in the mission log that scared you so much.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I can understand that reluctance, because everyone loves a good story. Especially one that harks back to tales told 'round the campfire...

I can only speak for myself, but I have to ask... If you don't tell the details, or at least as many as security will allow you to disclose, how do you expect to, if at all possible, get to the bottom of what happened...

I lived and worked in Alaska for many years, and wandered all over the state, and a lot of Northwestern Canada, and heard many a tale... Some rang of those "campfire tales", and some rang of "WTF?"... I've had some encounters, seen things that remind me all too much of some of the spookier Native American legends.

But...

Obviously, we can't make you do this. But you have to trust eventually, don't you?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join