It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR Criticizes JSOC for doing a bad job,wants "institutional" growth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So the Council on Foreign relations are coming down on Joint Special Operations Command for having an "operator" mentality and is seeking to have them restructured for indirect efforts,instead of frontal combat.:
www.military.com...
edit on 14-7-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: misselled

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

SOF experts from three military think tanks told lawmakers Wednesday that SOCOM needs to move away from its focus on direct-action skills needed for high-risk, precision missions such as the raid that killed Osama bin Laden. Instead, SOF should return to the indirect, partnership-building operations that units like Army Special Forces were created to perform.

"What is clear to me is that SOCOM should do a much better job than it has been doing on the institutional side . . . that is where long-term strategic impact comes," Linda Robinson, an adjunct senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, said at a July 11 hearing before the House Armed Services Committee's Emerging Threats and Capabilities subcommittee.

Hmmmmmm, would anyone want to wager that RAND Corp. is one of the three "Military Think Tanks" who are behind this???

Why do we even pay the people on our federal payroll to do their jobs, when it appears that they are obviously run and influenced by outside organizations?

I am fed up with Corporations running this country!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I wonder if they are saying they'd better join the fold?

join