It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costa Rica's Massive Ancient Star Chart?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Hanslune

Could they all have come from a Natural source, and moved, for spiritual/religious, or Heavenly purposes ?

I only ask, because many stones, like this are found all around the world.

Yeah they show up, I don't know off hand how many of the sphere are natural vs man made but a number of them showed signs of having been carved, 'pecked' and polished, how many of those were modified natural ones - I don't know.

This subject has been looked at several times by archaeologists and geologists so a search of the literature should turn up a study on man-made vs natural and some numbers.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I've seen those before but wasn't sure how to incorporate them into this or another thread. Thanks for bringing those to our attention .

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What a strange coinky dink that the possible star chart depicts part of Andromeda....

I love your Ancients threads, Slay. I have them all bookmarked. Appreciate the fine addition, dude! Wish i had something better to add, but as usual, you have knocked it out of the park.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It is important to remember where these balls were made and deployed. This is a region of dense tropical rain forests.

You could also use that argument FOR their placement. Stars are hard to see, so if possible mark the location on the ground. These spheres have always intrigued me.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What a profound idea, domo. I have a feeling that you may be dead on with that theory.

What better way to navigate by stars, when you cant see stars? Mark their location on our globe.... I really like it

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That's exactly the thought I had as well. Why would somebody haul/roll a Giant stone ball up mountains or into ravines unless it had to be placed in such a location to correspond with what is in the heavens.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There are many more round stones around the world,some with star charts of they're own.

In 1974 a huge stone sphere was found in Serbia. In 2001 a group of researchers discovered 10 more balls. On the 1974 stone ball they detected inscription marks which match with the star constellation of Cepheus and Cygnus. Pls.read full report. The Povlen ball is a spherical rock discovered accidentally in 1974 near the Mravinjci village in the Povlen mountain near Valjevo town in Serbia. What makes this sphere interesting, besides its shape which is rare in nature, are the signs carved into it. There was some public interest in this ball, but few scientific papers about it. There is the need to protect this unique cultural monument, because of the possible astronomical meaning of the signs on it.

The largest site in Bosnia known for stone balls is the County Zavidovici, approx. 100 km north of Sarajevo. It is the first place in Europe which has established an “Archaeological Park of Stone Balls". This site contains approx. 40 stone balls of enormous size.

www.european-pyramids.eu...

Makes one wonder of the possible connection between the stars,the pyramids and now maybe these stone spheres?

Just throwing that at there.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I think more will be revealed as more are discovered. I feel they'll still find many more buried.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I hope you are correct.

Its actually a real shame that they were excavated from their original positions. It would be much easier to find an astronomical relationship to these stone spheres if they were in the original positions, like you suggested.

If they are as widespread through out the area as they seem to be, that makes me want to believe that they are indeed some sort of earth based starchart.

At the very least, they could have been some sort of navigational aid for the people at the time, weather star based or not. Knowing what i know of the ancients and stonework, you may agree with this, the majority of megoliths were placed in alignments with the heavens. This is nearly ubiquitous among the ancients who utilyzed stone masonry.

On an aside, it is so hard to carve a perfect sphere out of stone. Whoever placed these had some skill with stonework.
edit on 14-7-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've wanted to visit these since I first heard about them back when I was a young high school brat. I never really thought about what purpose they served (if any), now I really want to find out more!

What do the locals say about them???

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I've read they were once thought to have gold at their centers, Stone Balls for Giants. Territory markers and property boundaries to demonstrate ancestral prestige for certain groups, families or tribes etc

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I don't know about the gold in the center part, but the ancients did do a lot crazy things! However, all of that sounds pretty reasonable. It would be a lot easier to find these massive stone structures protruding from the ground in the middle of the jungle, than something marked on the ground. Especially since they're round, they can't be mistaken for some sort of tree, stump, etc.

Thanks for the insight.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks for the links and info. I'm checking it out now. I knew of the Bosnian stones. I thought most of those were found in dry riverbeds though.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie

I don't know about the gold in the center part,

Well apparently that was the rumor that was believed by many at one point. Considered valid enough by many to actually dynamite some of the stones to pieces.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Archeologists would be wise to split one of the stones thats been moved already right in half.

If there really is gold st the center of these spheres they may serve a far more important purpose than boundry markers. Gold has always been significant in ancient symbols as regarding the heavens. In particular the sun and stars...

That, in my mind, lends more credibility to the idea of a celestial map covering the locale.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by MmmPie

I don't know about the gold in the center part,

Well apparently that was the rumor that was believed by many at one point. Considered valid enough by many to actually dynamite some of the stones to pieces.

Any precious metals found?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm sorry Jude.

Somehow I overlooked your reply. I'll keep you posted when and if I unlock the mysteries of the Universe. Don't hold your breath though

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

No Gold has ever been found. Just a bunch of ruined [If they are man made] ancient relics.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Maybe the stones are more like a memorial to members of the tribe or something to scare evil spirits? If ET paid so much attention to us back then, is it because we where naturally stupid then and now artificially stupid with technology so they don't show themselves not wanting to get plugged by a gang banger or opened up on a operating table?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think giants might have enjoyed a game of catch and/or frisbee.

Occam's Razor? Assuming there were giants. It's subjective though... this coming from an ex-baseball player

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join