It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Encounter In The Woods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My grandfather had a farm that sits right on the borderline of Virginia and West Virginia. He owned quite a decent bit of land, to be honest. Most of it is plowed for crops or field for hay, but then there is a part that is nothing but some of the thickest woods I have ever been in. I've had lots of "strange" experiences out in this quiet, middle-of-nowhere land. However, I can't necessarily prove any of them, so I will just have to post them as "Short Stories" instead.

After walking a short distance in these woods, you would come to a circular field that oddly sat in the forest, surrounded by trees. The field almost reminded me of an African plain. It was usually hot, bright, and decently dry. The hay was pretty tall because my grandfather didn't tend to it and it shined like gold. In the middle of this field sat one tall tree with a wooden, homemade hunter's stand in it. No hunters went there and it was nice to sometimes just climb up there and sit, watching over the field. A few feet from the tree, stood the remains of an old house. It was basically just the bottom rock structure with a few pieces of wood and 2X4 boards hanging about. This was the old house that my grandmother lived in as a child. Nothing was left except for memories.

When I was a young boy, I would always play around that old house and in that field. The area was everything you needed to have a classic adventure lasting all day. Time even seemed to move slower back then. You could wake up, go out and play til dark, and it would seem like it lasted an eternity. And so I did...

One day I had had my fill of playing in that field, so I ventured into the woods. This time, however, I decided to go further than I had ever before (a brave feat for a child). I was expecting to find something, I'm not sure what, but all I managed to find (accidentally) was various cobwebs to the face. A litte disheartening to say the least. Alas, the sun was setting and I was still pretty far from home, so I started to head back. Not running, just walking and enjoying the woods from the other direction. Well, it did get dark before I got home. In fact, I was still pretty thick in the woods and couldn't see much. Out there there were no street lights and my grandparents didn't keep any lights on in the house so it literally was pitch black. I just had to keep moving in the direction I thought was right. As my eyes eventually adjusted enough to see the trees infront of me, I got to an area in the woods that seemed to have a cleared path. I don't think it was a legitimate path but it was a path nonetheless, it was heading in the same direction, and it meant not having to run into trees, so I walked it.

I had no clue how close I was to home but I was starting to get a little bit nervous (being young and in the dark alone isn't too much fun). I kept hearing noises and running into more spiderwebs with my face. So, I put my boots to the ground a little faster. As I did this, I noticed something... Not only did I hear my footsteps... but I distinctly heard what sounded like another set of footsteps behind me.... It was almost in sync so I thought maybe that's just what my boots sounded like as I moved faster. However... then I heard a stick crack on the ground behind me and I had stepped on no stick...

I didn't care what was behind me. I never checked to see what it was, I didn't want my fears to come true. All I wanted was to get the heck out of there. So, I took off, running as fast as I could. Lo and behold, I could still hear the footsteps behind me, moving just as quick as I did. I'm running so scared now that my eyes even well up a little bit. As a kid, I had plenty of horrible fantasies running through my head about what this thing behind me could be. Regardless, I wasn't about to find out. Until... I noticed I was getting winded...

Growing up, and even somewhat now, I've always had what is called "exercise-induced asthma". Only when I would do some intense cardio would my lungs take a toll. The way I was running? It came as no surprise that I started to wheeze for air. And I just couldn't go on... If I ran any more, I was surely going to collapse and fall prey to whatever this thing is behind me. So... I decided to face my daemons...

Scared as ever, I quickly came to an abrupt stop and decided just to turn around and fight whatever wanted me. What I saw still to this day gives me cold chills. About as instantly as I turned around, so did the creature. It was this decently tall, but very skinny, humanoid looking figure. Taller than an average man and thin. I couldn't be for sure in the dark, but it's skin looked to be a very dark color, like dark grey, and I remember it being very "tight" like it's skin was almost latex, or at least it didn't have an ounce of fat on it. Oddly enough, after I turned around, and so did it, it took off running in the opposite direction, away from me. I was so horrified by what I just saw that I didn't even care that it was running away. I just glanced at it and then jogged my way home as fast as I could without killing myself.

Eventually I did get home. My grandparents were there as normal. Granddad reading his Old Testament and my grandmother was sewing, just like typical grandparents. They did not believe in paranormal stuff at all. In fact, they usually didn't believe me even when I would tell them I saw something "normal" like a bear. I suppose most people take everything a child says with a grain of salt. I knew they wouldn't believe me though. So, I never told them. Actually, I've never told any body, until now, because it is a hard story to believe. And I don't expect anyone to believe it, that's why I posted it here. However, I know what I saw and I'll always have that.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well thats creepy. It mustve been just as scared of you as you were it, or it wouldve taken its chance to have at you. Maybe it was just curious?

So what do you think it was? Obama? :p

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Well thats creepy. It mustve been just as scared of you as you were it, or it wouldve taken its chance to have at you. Maybe it was just curious?

I have no clue what it was. It didn't feel human unless some tall, lanky, man was wearing dark grey spandex and chasing after me... Honestly, I'd rather the creature.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I was jokin about obama cause of the reptilian conspiracies lol.
but could it have been a reptilian?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wow! That's a crazy experience! Especially for a kid. Thanks for sharing your story... |
D

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I was jokin about obama cause of the reptilian conspiracies lol.
but could it have been a reptilian?

Hm, I don't really know what a "reptilian" is supposed to look. I suppose lizard like, yeah?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentRoom
Wow! That's a crazy experience! Especially for a kid. Thanks for sharing your story... |
D

It was definitely strange. Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

lol
maybe it wasn't chasing the OP
maybe was running away with him

if this was an ET it might not be familiar with the are,
so when the local fauna gets spooked and flees an area,
it thought it might be a good idea to get out of there fast
upon op turning around to confront it it realized

"OH...the human was running away from ME!
wait a picosecond, IT CAN SEE ME!?!? i'm outta here!"

edit on 16-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: there not their cursed phonics method!!!

edit on 16-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join