It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ship with Helicopters for Syrian Regime sets sail Again

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So when does this boat get there-next month?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'd imagine all those surface to air missiles that went missing in Libya are on the ground in Syria ready to shoot down helicopters.

Didn't we do the same thing in Afghanistan? Gave one side surface to air missiles to take care of Russian Helicopters?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I haven't finished reading the link yet, just thought I would give it to you.

Russian ship with helicopters bound for Syria turns back

On further reading, I wonder if the Russian warships are carrying the parts and the cargo vessel was just a distraction. They denied this, and then maybe to save face, sent a cargo ship out after? Only to have it return? If they sent it with the warships, everyone will find out sooner than later.
edit on 15-7-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Good point! Deception is a valuable military tactic!! I guess we'll see. I also read that the ship may port somewhere and load the heli's onto air transport for delivery to Syria...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Russian choppers can be armed with air to air missiels. At least i know that the MI 28 can.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

someone linked a direct GPS location and even the speed of the boat
on page 1 or 2
last time i checked it was almost beside germany

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Russian choppers can be armed with air to air missiels. At least i know that the MI 28 can.

Of course they can. they could be outfitted with potato guns,too.

But not surface to air missiles.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

WOW...Just think of the fun Assad will have playing with these babies.
...and the body count will now grow...EXPONENTIALLY!

Thanks, Putin...you're a real peacemaker!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

on page 1 or 2

For the 3rd time in this thread, it has been diverted to St. Petersburg.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
St. Petersburg. How convenient. That sure is the shortest route to Tartus.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

on page 1 or 2

For the 3rd time in this thread, it has been diverted to St. Petersburg.

What route will they take to go into the Mediterranean ?
or they will deliver it to a port and bring the helicopters by truck

good idea if they changed their plan for that
very strategic

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I read that they may be offloaded at kalingrad and could possibly be transported by cargo plane.
No idea how valid that claim is though.
link

The MarineTraffic.com website that tracks global maritime activity showed the Alaed's radar signal coming in Sunday just north of Denmark following the ship's southern passage along the Norwegian coast. The ship was shown to be sailing eastward to the Baltic Sea – in line with suggestions from the owner that it would dock in Saint Petersburg after making a brief port call in the Kaliningrad exclave in the coming days. Russian officials had earlier suggested that the shipment – originally also carrying air defence systems that have not been mentioned in more recent reports – may eventually be delivered to Syria by air. The three Mi-25 helicopters were repaired in Kaliningrad and some analysts believe that they may be dropped off there by the Alaed before its goes on to Saint Petersburg to pick up new cargo.

edit on 15-7-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
And there are Russian Soldier's training in the US as well.
Something smells rotten.

Originally posted by Avoiceinthewilderness
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that our Prez gave Putin a string of islands off Alaska rich with oil under the sea. If this is true, there is a game being played beyond wargames. Everything we see on controlled media is a movie being directed by 2 dictators at the cost of human life.

What's the real deal...splitting control of the world? Starting www3 to envoke martial law? No man should ever have this much power period! I quess they are dying for tickets to hell.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by spy66

Of course they can. they could be outfitted with potato guns,too.

But not surface to air missiles.

Never say never.

In the wake of U.S. arm's sanctions the Iranian Air Force mated Hawk SAM's to their F-14's as a kind of poor mans AIM-54.

I have no idea how well they performed, it certainly wouldn't be an optimal solution but desperation is a powerful motivator.

Pictures or it didn't happen....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just a Bump the ship is on is way again and it's almost at Gibraltar
www.marinetraffic.com...#

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You talking about these????

www.youtube.com...

Originally posted by Dolby_X

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dolby_X

Yep, just saw that today.. Had that site bookmarked. It looks like it is heading to Syria this time.

Its destination shows to be DE-KASTRI(RUSSIA) but I think its gonna make a stop in the Med Sea first.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Yep, just saw that today.. Had that site bookmarked. It looks like it is heading to Syria this time.

Its destination shows to be DE-KASTRI(RUSSIA) but I think its gonna make a stop in the Med Sea first.

The M/V Alaed won't be stopping in Syria. It will simply be using the Suez Canal in order to get to the Russian Far East.

The Russians have decided for the time being to suspend arms shipments to Syria. That includes the contract for the Yak-130 aircraft. The Syrian Mi-25 attack helicopters were off loaded in the Baltic.

Syria Helicopter Ship Returns to St. Petersburg

en.rian.ru...

The ship, at the center of a diplomatic row between Russia and the West, has offloaded the aircraft in the Russian port of Baltiysk in the Kaliningrad region, a security source said on Friday. The Alaed docked at St. Petersburg later in the day. The helicopters were originally overhauled at the 150th aircraft repair plant in of Kaliningrad.“We haven’t received them yet… They are being returned to us,” the plant spokesman said.

Even the Russian Task Force currently in the Mediterranean is keeping away from docking in Tartus. The last thing that the Russians want at this stage is to be accused of docking vessels in Tartus that can be interpreted as delivering arms.

Russian Task Force Replenishes Supplies at Sea, Not in Syria Russian warships deployed in the Mediterranean Sea will not call at Syrian port Tartus to replenish supplies, writes RBC referring to Russian Defense Ministry's press service. At present, the Russian Navy's interfleet force has started replenishing supplies by means of auxiliary vessels. These functions are performed by Black Sea Fleet (BSF) oiler Ivan Bubnov and salvage tug MB-304. When the replenishment is over, the task force will continue deployment program. It is planned that the ships will enter the Black Sea in order to call at Novorossiysk Naval Base.

rusnavy.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Ah, yea. I didnt think about the Suez.. Thanks for the correction man

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join