It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Browning Apple Genetically Modified To Stay Crisp

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by stanguilles7

If your looking to find the studies, they are all there.
And its more than one.

www.anh-usa.org

GE organisms actually become part of the bacteria in our digestive tracts and reproduce continuously inside us.

There are no human clinical trials of genetically engineered foods. The only published human feeding experiment revealed that genetic material inserted into GE soy transfers into the DNA of bacteria living inside our intestines and continues to function. Even after we stop eating GE foods, we may still have the GE proteins produced continuously inside us.

Cool so basically we will start releasing our own pesticides in our organs from the bacteria, except we aren't pesticide resistant.

Cool.

Thanks monsatan!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
related thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by burntheships

If your looking to find the studies, they are all there.
And its more than one.

www.anh-usa.org

GE organisms actually become part of the bacteria in our digestive tracts and reproduce continuously inside us.

There are no human clinical trials of genetically engineered foods. The only published human feeding experiment revealed that genetic material inserted into GE soy transfers into the DNA of bacteria living inside our intestines and continues to function. Even after we stop eating GE foods, we may still have the GE proteins produced continuously inside us.

There are many things wrong with that article. First off they specifically say There are no human clinical trials of genetically engineered foods . Then it goes on about the study it links to which clearly says

www.nature.com...
we conclude that gene transfer did not occur during the feeding experiment

Most importantly what you linked to was not a study it was a sensationalized article, there is a huge difference.

reply to post by WP4YT

Cool so basically we will start releasing our own pesticides in our organs from the bacteria, except we aren't pesticide resistant.

Basically people don't read and base beliefs on whatever is popular at the time.
edit on 15-7-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It's seems funny to be reading this on ATS as I read about it bi weekly in my local news paper. The company in question is based out of Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. There is legislature being processed as we speak to ban the new apples.
What the company has done is removed an enzyme that was responsible for the reaction with oxygen and therefor oxidization. In my opinion, I think if they want to grow them so be it, it's their right. Just make sure that it is properly labeled when sold in commerce. It's like anything, if I am going to put bleach in a water bottle I need to re-label it.
I know that the local fruit co-op and some MP's and MLA's are all up in arms for those of you who want to see this gone and left rot, pun intended. I just have grown up around orcharding, the main export cherry the "lapin"(and no its not a rabbit) was develop by crossing a stella and van cherry, they are delicious. I know that you can do all sorts of neat stuff with graphing and different rootstalk. Like trees that are on one side a peach and otherside nectarine. No DNA is changed in either of the fruits just the growing platform has changed.
I think the closest thing to compare these apples to are white flesh fruits. On our orchard we had one cherry that was almost s-770 something rather, which are now called stardust. They are similar to the raineer cherries. There are also whiteflesh peaches, in these cases the DNA has changed and a pigment is removed responsible for the fruits flesh colour.
Until they try to force me to eat them, to each their own. Sorry if my grammar or spelling is bad, it's late and I am on an iPhone with fat thumbs lol, fat, I mean muscular hahaha
edit on 15-7-2012 by IronNuts because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2012 by IronNuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Double post, my bad went to check text before page was done
edit on 15-7-2012 by IronNuts because: Double post

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

So what exactly is the process of creating these arctic apples? How are they able to modify an apple tree to produce non browning apples? I'd just be inclined to eat one, and see how my body reacted before judging this. If i understood how they were made i'd have a better idea of what was actually going into my body. This whole idea sounds extremely bizarre to me, but is it so unnatural that the body can't handle it?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Maybe you can become less reliant and produce your own fruits and vegetables. That way they don't touch your fruit, because if they produce it, technically it was theirs.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Now why isn't the organic crowd rallying to get all their food labeled with warnings about all the toxic crap they spray all over their foods?

Rotenone is a good example it was actually not allowed for use in conventional farming because it caused organic Parkinson's disease and kills organic fish when it's organic run-off gets into organic water and lasts in water 6 whole organic months. Latter when it was seen how much money gullible people will spend on organic foods Rotenone was magically legal to use again for organic farming

Bt is another organic mystery to someone who possesses the ability to use critical thinking skills. The organic farming crowd has continually vilified Bt through their attacks on Monsanto's Bt crops. Yet organic farmers spray that all over their crops too.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
OR v

You know how the old story goes: You want to eat an apple. You cut into that apple. drip a little lemon juice on the apple, apple doesn't turn brown as much or at all any more.

has everyone forgotten about this?

next thing they are going to do is genetically modify the lemon so it makes the apple brown faster.

sick *****rds.

peace.
edit on 15-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Nothing wrong in that as long as it is adequately tested
for consumption.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This was too funny

Sharratt also expressed concern that this will further pervert the human connection to our modern food system, by turning the apple into a "industrialized product sold in plastic bags," rather than a fruit that grows on a tree.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It is already way to late to stop GMO from subverting humans into alien batteries. Burning down Monsatan and all its crops and seeds won't stop the effect of GMO in our world.

Besides that Fukashima radiation will mutate all of us into troglodytes. IF we live through the Obama war to come!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Thanks my friend we know what is going on in our all for profits nation that has bought the FDA and our own government with their dirty corrupted money.

Is well known that the so call expert reports in the US are manufactured and paid off by the big corporate dictatorship, but is hard to sell that to those that are promoting the corporate interest crap.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The dangers of monspanto and cabals and reinventing the fallacy that they are to feed the world.

GMO Dangers: How Much More Proof Do We Need

“Monsanto advertises that biotech crops can feed the world “from a raindrop,” suggesting that GE crops are especially climate change resistant. In 2011, Roger Beachy, then director of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s primary research agency, the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, suggested to Scientific American magazine that GE crops protect traditional small farmers by reducing the need for agrochemicals. But this greenwashing doesn't’t change what is just agribusiness as usual: more agrochemicals, more fossil fuels and more intensive agricultural production.”

The other bogus claim that Big Agra makes is that GMO foods are perfectly safe. Yet there is undeniable scientific evidence that proves the contrary — GMOs pose a grave threat to human health

www.liveinthenow.com...

The truth about monspanto and cabals

1) 19 studies link GMOs to organ disruption

n April, disturbing headlines announced that a review of 19 studies concluded that consuming GMO corn or soybeans leads to significant organ disruptions in rats and mice, particularly in livers and kidneys. The researchers who conducted the review stated that the GMO soybean and corn varieties used in the studies “constitute 83% of the commercialized GMOs” that Americans currently consume.”

2) Toxic insecticide found in human blood

“The biotechnology industry’s house of cards appears to be crumbling, as a new study out of the University of Sherbrooke, Canada, recently found Bt toxin, a component of certain genetically-modified (GM) crops, in human blood samples for the first time. Set to be published in the peer-reviewed journal Reproductive Toxicology the new study shreds the false notion that Bt is broken down by the digestive system, and instead shows that the toxin definitively persists in the bloodstream….Upon taking blood samples, researchers detected the Bt Cry1Ab toxin in a shocking 93 percent of maternal and 80 percent of fetal blood samples. And 69 percent of non-pregnant women tested positive for the toxin in their blood….The fact that Bt toxin was detected even in unborn babies shows that the chemical is easily passed from mother to child, and that it persists far longer than the biotechnology industry claims it does.”

I am one of those that will take my time to keep my body from been consume by sickness and poisoned by greed, corporate profits and crap.

GMOs are poisons, plain and simple.

I have hundreds of more reports of what GMOs can do with your body, we already have posted several of those reports in previous thread about GMOs dangers, not more to be say right now.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This stuff is getting scary. I havent purchased apples n a store for close to 30 years until recently. The apples were not crunch, juicy and sweet like they were in my childhood. I have recently discovered organic Fuji apples and they are just like those from childhood. I am only buying organic fruits and vegetables now.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vtcajun

It has to do with mass production and the moving of products across states, see in order to have fruits all the way from Florida to California or northern parts of the US and vice versa the crops are picked when they are about to reach maturity, meaning they will be frozen for transportation.

This makes the products life longer but the lact of ripening in the natural environment will yield a fruit that is not sweet as the one you pick right from the tree.

I can not eat pineapples in the stores in my neck of the woods, I am from PR we grow pineapples, you can drive close to a field of them and smell the sweetness, when you pick them from the plants they are as sweets and sugar.

But when I purchased them in the stores they smell moldy and they are not sweet at all, because they has been frozen for shipments.

Sad.

That is why is better to buy from local farmers.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vtcajun
This stuff is getting scary. I havent purchased apples n a store for close to 30 years until recently. The apples were not crunch, juicy and sweet like they were in my childhood. I have recently discovered organic Fuji apples and they are just like those from childhood. I am only buying organic fruits and vegetables now.

Well, if you live in the Northern Hemisphere, your apples should be mushy this time of year, unless they are shipped in from New Zealand or somewhere. Apples are harvested in the fall. Eat seasonally.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I hear you,
im already dealing with estrogen retention from the gmo corn.

are they doing it on purpose? hahaha yeah, thats a million dollar question

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Bt is another organic mystery to someone who possesses the ability to use critical thinking skills. The organic farming crowd has continually vilified Bt through their attacks on Monsanto's Bt crops. Yet organic farmers spray that all over their crops too.

The problem with GM engineered Bt corn is not the Bt. It's that their use of Bt-engineered corn makes the small levels of application of Bt to organic crops less effective. Bt is a GREAT tool for Organic farmers to deal with pests on a micro level. Monsantos approach is making bugs immune to Bt, which takes a useful tool away from organic farmers.

Of course, if you actually knew what you were talking abut, you would know this.But you just trolling

Here's a source study you wont read or understand:
www.enveurope.com...
edit on 15-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

not being rude here but didnt you say the same thing here?

so what does that say about your bully comment? unwarranted?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

not being rude here but didnt you say the same thing here?

so what does that say about your bully comment? unwarranted?

No, I'm not saying the same thing, AT ALL. 'm pointing out there is a MASSIVE dffference between short term physical applications of Bt for dealing with pests, and Monsanto's genetic engineering of plants to contain Bt.

Do you understand the difference? If not, please dont respond until you do.

Organic Farmers have not 'vilified Bt'. They have pointed out the long-term systemic problems with genetically modifying it INTO plants, which ends up making it USELESS for Organic farmers who use it on a small, micro level.

IF you or your buddy knew squat about these arguments, you wouldnt be embarrassing yourselves by making such asinine comparisons.

edit on 15-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join