It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Browning Apple Genetically Modified To Stay Crisp

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
These people need to die in fires, along with their GMO crops.

So as a mod do you have the right to say my family members need to die? What is up with that?

The more study that is done on GMO crops the more science reveals that it's poison, and really bad for you in every sence of the word.

That is just not true. There are many different kinds of GMO crops and foods to make such a blanket statement is VERY ignorant.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
GMOs are poison to the human body, anything that is not within the natural enviroment is a poison to humans and animals.

I have done my research on GMO poisons and that is what they are, the results of their crap in our food supplies is showing now in our children they are been poisoned even before they are born.

I guess I will keep eating non processed crap and supporting my local organic growers, let drive monspanto and their kind out of business, do not buy their crap and learn to spot them on the food you buy.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
GMOs are poison to the human body, anything that is not within the natural enviroment is a poison to humans and animals.

So Bt, pyrethrum, and rotenone are not poisionous because they are natural? Rotenone has been linked to all types of illnesses but its okay to spray all over organic food.

I have done my research on GMO poisons and that is what they are, the results of their crap in our food supplies is showing now in our children they are been poisoned even before they are born.

that is simply not true, it has just become fashionable to blame GMOs for every health problem that ever existed.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
Sounds pretty good. Some people have been conditioned to believe that GMO's are bad for you because alternative health "experts" have told them so. Alternative health and fundamental environmentalism are just new-age religions. You really can't argue with someone's faith because they "know".

You are more or less correct that there is little evidence as of yet (although there are some contested studies) pointing to GMO foods being directly linked to health problems in people. A lot of people make a lot of hysterical, yet unproven claims about their effects on the body.

BUT, one legitimate concern is that there is indeed little conclusive information out either way as to their effects on people. That means we are being used as lab rats. Normally, a product needs to pass a lot of scrutiny to be passed on into the food stream. Decades of research at times. And yet GMO's have had little testing on people, or even animals. The affects on the natural world are still unknown, and yet they are being used in the world with little regard.

But the REAL, immediate and proven problem with GMO's is their effect on the environment. Ask any farmer. They will tell you that foods that are genetically modified to contain numerous pesticides and insecticides have a direct negative impact on the environment. This kills off beneficial insects like Monarch Butterflies, and other predator insects that actually keep crop-attacking insects in check. It also ends up breeding 'superbugs and superweeds' that build up resistance to the insecticides and pesticides these GMO crops often have genetically spliced into them.

This means that ALL farmers now have to contend with superbugs and superweeds they no longer have the tools to deal with. The problems with GMO , in general eclipse the 'solutions' they present.

Not to mention that this specific application has no real value for humanity, or civilization. It will simply allow if found profitable) a few big companies to ship processed apples over long distances, losing all semblance of nutrients, while maintaining the appearance of freshness. In other words, they are fake food.
edit on 14-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"Non-Browning Apple Genetically Modified To Stay Crisp"?
[sarcasm]I'm heading out right now to pick up a bushel.[/sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

There is alot of proof that GMO foods causes organ failure
There's also way too much corruption with the company at the throne of this business, monstanto

Secondly there's no defense for GMO
you know why?
Because GMO companies are not required to do much testing when it comes to FDA approval

Plus they arent' required to label foods as GMO, if they are so good what's with the sneakyness?

Plus for farmers GMO contamination has run amock, and it's almost impossible to clean up

Genetic engineering with so little research required?

NO THANKS!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

There is alot of proof that GMO foods causes organ failure

"A Lot'?

I'm not defending GMO's. See my above post. But I've seen one, maybe two studies showing any evidence of organ failure. Here's one: www.biolsci.org...

And even that study doesnt say they have found a definitive link. They merely say they found SIGNS of toxicity, not proof. SO they arent quite ready to say they have definitive proof: “Clearly, the statistically significant effects observed here for all three GM maize varieties investigated are signs of toxicity rather than proofs of toxicity”

Can you cite the other ones you refer to?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Its not just conditioned by organic and health food alternative news, its also the knowledge of WHO IS RUNNING THE PLANET AND ALL THE BLOOD AND SUFFERING ON THEIR FILTHY HANDS. No I don't trust them or the frankestein food. NATURE yeah. THEM, NOT ON YOUR LIFE. I DON'T GAMBLE. THeir radition, their posions, their fake nutritional advice, their laboratory fats, and focus on lean foods when your body require whole foods and real foods, including real fats, their pausterized milks and destruction of nutrients, their so called natural disasters and irradiation of food and even vitamins, their depletioin of soils, their control of nutrients and replacing real IODIDE in salts with BROMINE, they are the most psychotic bunch of villians to exist possibly on a galactic level, having created a hellzone.

NO I DON'T LET THEM NEAR MY FOOD. I WANT THEM ALL JAILED.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I question whether people really understand what genetic modification IS...

To say absolutely 'genetic modification is bad' makes no sense whatsoever. It is possible it can be done incorrectly or with malicious intent, or can be used for other negative purposes. It is also possible that it can be done in a very positive way, and can have very positive benefits. As our understanding of genetics improves, we'll get better and better at it, and be able to do things beyond our wildest imagination. The main point here, however, is that it is absolutely nonsensical to say genetic modification 'is bad,' or even 'is good,' since genetic modification is a general term for an infinite variety of potential things that could be done with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
But I've seen one, maybe two studies showing any evidence of organ failure

Its far more than even organ failure, which by the way there are numerous findings
albiet the research is squashed.

Dude, GMO organisms alter the digestive system, all of it, organs and intestines.
Consume at your own peril. Enjoy your poison, leave the rest of us alone!

If GMO is so safe, why wont they label it?

"If you put a label on genetically engineered food you might as well put a skull and crossbones on it." - Norman Braksick, president of Asgrow Seed Co., a subsidiary of Monsanto, quoted in the Kansas City Star, March 7, 1994

And why are the scientists who try and present real facts silenced?

Scientists under Attack - Genetic Engineering In The Magnetic Field of Money

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

But I've seen one, maybe two studies showing any evidence of organ failure

Its far more than even organ failure, which by the way there are numerous findings

Numerous findings? Again, I can only find one. Can you site these 'numerous studies?

And not numerous articles linking back to the same study.

Dude, GMO organisms alter the digestive system, all of it, organs and intestines.
Consume at your own peril. Enjoy your poison, leave the rest of us alone!

Oh, fer cryin out loud.

i have written nothing here that is promoting GMO's. In fact, if you read my posts above, you will see me pointing out SEVERAL problems with GMO's interaction with the ecosystem.

All I have done is challenge the claim that there are 'numerous' studies proving organ failure from eating GMO's. And Even there, I'm not saying they dont exist, I'm just asking to see them, because I have never come across any other than the one i cited, and I would be interested to read them.

But so far, all I've seen from you and others in this thread is unsupported claims of multiple studies. In fact, the ONE study i have seen was careful to say they didnt find a definitive link. (i actually linked to it above, unlike like anyone else here)

If GMO is so safe, why wont they label it?

Holy Straw man! Where did I say it's safe? I just posted a HUGE response a few posts up pointing out it IS NOT safe.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

i have written nothing here that is promoting GMO's. In fact, if you read my posts above, you will see me pointing out SEVERAL problems with GMO's interaction with the ecosystem.

Dude your body is an ecosystem.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5469c2b5b2e6.jpg[/atsimg]

GM plants, such as soybean, corn, cottonseed, and canola, have had foreign genes forced into their DNA. The inserted genes come from species, such as bacteria and viruses, which have never been in the human food supply.

Genetic engineering transfers genes across natural species barriers. It uses imprecise laboratory techniques that bear no resemblance to natural breeding, and is based on outdated concepts of how genes and cells work.[4] Gene insertion is done either by shooting genes from a "gene gun" into a plate of cells or by using bacteria to invade the cell with foreign DNA. The altered cell is then cloned into a plant. www.responsibletechnology.org...

Which is then eaten by animals and humans.

The genetic engineering process creates massive collateral damage, causing mutations in hundreds or thousands of locations throughout the plant's DNA.[5] Natural genes can be deleted or permanently turned on or off, and hundreds may change their behavior.[6] Even the inserted gene can be damaged or rearraranged
www.responsibletechnology.org...

The five major varieties—soy, corn, canola, cotton, and sugar beets—have bacterial genes inserted, which allow the plants to survive an otherwise deadly dose of weed killer. Farmers use considerably more herbicides on these GM crops and so the food has higher herbicide residues. About 68% of GM crops are herbicide tolerant.

The second GM trait is a built-in pesticide, found in GM corn and cotton. A gene from the soil bacterium called Bt (for Bacillus thuringiensis) is inserted into the plant’s DNA, where it secretes the insect-killing Bt-toxin in every cell. About 19% of GM crops produce their own pesticide. Another 13% produce a pesticide and are herbicide tolerant. www.responsibletechnology.org...

Yes, there are a number of studies ...yes GMO is bad for the environment too...
But we are stewards of the environment and ourselves too!

edit on 14-7-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
These people need to die in fires, along with their GMO crops.

The more study that is done on GMO crops the more science reveals that it's poison, and really bad for you in every sence of the word.

This is insanity.

~Tenth

actually insanity is thinking that people should die in fires because they've invented apples that don't turn brown.

EDIT: now that I think opf this... this is exactly how the internet would be in the middle ages "Apples that dont turn brown? WITCHCRAFT!!! BURN HIIIMMM" "get him before he tries to convince us the world is round!!!"
edit on 14-7-2012 by Outofcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Here's the thing. If you follow those links you have provided, they ALL point back to the same study I already cited, here:
A Comparison of the Effects of Three GM Corn Varieties on Mammalian Health

www.biolsci.org...

I'm not saying I think GMO's are safe on the body, so you can stop with that straw man. I'm saying that the claim that there are 'multiple studies proving it' doesnt appear to be true. Every link youve posted so far points back to the same single study.

I am VERY interested in this topic. I've been farming organically for a decade now. And I would LOVE to see the other studies you are referring to.

My biggest contention with your claims, is that there are far more well-proven and studied problems with GMO than with its effects on the human body. The incredibly well documented evidence of its effects on plants and animals is MORE than enough to show it's bad for the planet.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

If your looking to find the studies, they are all there.
And its more than one.

www.anh-usa.org

GE organisms actually become part of the bacteria in our digestive tracts and reproduce continuously inside us.

There are no human clinical trials of genetically engineered foods. The only published human feeding experiment revealed that genetic material inserted into GE soy transfers into the DNA of bacteria living inside our intestines and continues to function. Even after we stop eating GE foods, we may still have the GE proteins produced continuously inside us.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by stanguilles7

If your looking to find the studies, they are all there.
And its more than one.

www.anh-usa.org

GE organisms actually become part of the bacteria in our digestive tracts and reproduce continuously inside us.

There are no human clinical trials of genetically engineered foods. The only published human feeding experiment revealed that genetic material inserted into GE soy transfers into the DNA of bacteria living inside our intestines and continues to function. Even after we stop eating GE foods, we may still have the GE proteins produced continuously inside us.

Thanks. Thats relatively useful, although I'm not sure if you noted that your link only contains one link to an actual study, here:

www.nature.com... (Behind a pay wall, so i cant read it)

and your link even acknowledges it is "The only published human feeding experiment".

The rest of the links are to articles like this one from the dailymail.uk, that dont cite their research.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can be as dismal as you at times, but how about a refresher!
You can still grow honest to goodness Sweet Corn.
Your Battle will be more so with the critters and pests than anything else.

I can even get you an old empire/or McIntosh apple cuttings. Real Deal Old School.
But I would suggest you graft it onto a hardy crabapple rootstock.

All is not lost. Feel free to message me through ATS.

I will respond eventually and we will proceed from there.

Salutations,,, Wildmanimal

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well Done
Good for You

Third Line.
Rusty Star

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Here is some simple logic:

1. Products that are genetically modified are not natural.

2. The human body is natural.

You can not argue against these.

The body is intended to digest foods in their natural state. Be you a Creationist or an Evolutionist, you do not have a body that is meant to ingest these types of foods.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
Man has 'genetically modified' plants since the dawn of time through selective cross-pollination. We've got it down to a fine art. Why not use our scientific knowledge to create a short-cut or two?

I think the difference is that nature allows the cross-pollination to happen, but would not allow the genetic modifications that are done in labs to occur naturally.

The truth is, those who are behind GMO crops have no idea of the long term effects they have when consumed by humans. WE are the test subjects, and just because they get their mates to "approve" these foods doesn't change that fact.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join