It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Radio discuss stopping the rain for the London Olympics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

And you can bet they do offer these things and deliver them as well - down to remote detonation by cell phone. They will also cause snow and get rid of fog and they'll do it for the government, company's, municipalities, foreign countries and private parties both domestically and internationally.

First things first...

They will deliver them as that is their job.
As far as cell phone detonation,Seriously?

Now for fog removal well yes they have tried it...

The following is a brief summary of the events associated with establishing a trial cold fog-clearing program

• Cris Jensen, the Missoula International Airport Director contacted North
American Weather Consultants (NAWC) in late October 2006. The topic of
discussion was whether cloud seeding could be utilized in an attempt to
improve airport runway visibilities during winter fog episodesfor the Missoula International Airport (Airport):

This program was established due to the rather frequent disruption of air traffic in
and out of the Airport due to the occurrence of fog and associated low visibilities during
the winter months.

www.nawcinc.com...

And now for the snow...

North American Weather Consultants (NAWC) has conducted operational winter cloud seed-ing programs in many of the mountainous areas of Utah since 1974. The goal of these programs has been to enhance winter snowpack accumulation in several mountainous target areas throughout the State. Studies have demonstrated that a large majority of the annual runoff in Utah streams and rivers is derived from melting snowpacks, which explains the focus on wintertime seeding. Augmented water supplies are typically used for irrigated agriculture or municipal water supplies. Programs are typically funded at the county level with cost-sharing grants from the Utah Division of Water Resources.

www.nawcinc.com...

You really should do a bit better research or at least try to understand what your reading.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It's a wonderful idea to make a thread about this because a lot of people don't really know how cutting edge, state of the art and completely invasive weather modification has become. Want to really get your annoying neighbor down the street? Why not order up a biblical flood?

So how cutting edge has cloud seeding became?

And if you have a biblical flood happen down the street wouldn't that mean you would also feel the wrath of that flood.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

This sentence alone shows me that you are out of your element. And that you have no real clue about what is happening in your own neighborhood. But, hey, thanks for the disinformation.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This sentence alone shows me that you are out of your element. And that you have no real clue about what is happening in your own neighborhood. But, hey, thanks for the disinformation.

Well then how about you provide some evidence to show they do that, or my comments still stand.

Just to let you know I do know what happens in my neighborhood, and since you figured me out I guess I can let you in on something, I even know what is happening in your neighborhood...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
To think that weather mod is publicly available only for an Olympic consideration....is short-sighted, and topic-centric.
Many cite that China announced their weather mods during their Olympics as some kind of proof that mods were true....is short sighted.....and not the end of the story.

Weather mods are an ongoing enterprise, regardless of an Olympic game, or not.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

I do believe that they will have a rather large problem if they want to stop the rain for the olympics. WHY? The iceland volcano blew up and sent ash and smoke and this is exspected to head to london during the olympics, so be prepared unless weather patterns change.

with all the smoke exspected in the air, i woulden't be surprised that it rainned or flooded the area.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
it would take a lot of energy to influence the oceans currents or the jet stream

get an umbrella

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
it would take a lot of energy to influence the oceans currents or the jet stream

get an umbrella

maybe someone can sell alot of umbrella's at the olympics.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well how could they kill all the useless eaters if they let it rain. which I believe they can and are responisble in part at least. I believe they want a famine and distrupted lives worldwide. Other wise why do they not tell report on all of that is really going on. And lie when we catch them?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Just to let you know I do know what happens in my neighborhood, and since you figured me out I guess I can let you in on something, I even know what is happening in your neighborhood...

Now don't go getting all paranoid. I meant that the cloud seeding apparatus is installed in a lot of places and also available in drive-by and you've probably walked by it and never given it a second thought. I didn't mean that I know your neighborhood, because I don't, nor would I wish to.

This should open to the photos page so you can see some of the stuff. If you click on any of the first three or four picture, there are details about remote control.

North American Weather Consultants, Inc.

This site gives a bit of a more international perspective on ground based weather modification stuff:

Cloud Seeding By Farmers With Ground Generators

The latest in ground-based pyrotechnic applications are the ground-based flare-trees offered by the Weather Modification Company of USA . This flare-tree has a tripod base which provides good stability even under the most extreme weather conditions and provides for easy leveling. The flare-tree is provided with 9 racks, each holding upto 12 glaciogenic or hygroscopic flares and it can be configured for manual or remote controlled operation.

Weather Modification, Inc./Solutions for the Ground

Weather Modification, Inc., offers specially designed and manufactured solutions to meet the specific challenges of ground-based cloud seeding. Both incorporate the latest in ground-based pyrotechnic applications, and are self-contained. When controlled via satellite, they can be sited virtually anywhere.

Ground-Based Flare Tree Cost-effective, simple to maintain and easy to install, the ground-based flare tree, or GBFT, comes in two versions to accommodate different flare types: glaciogenic (108 flares) and hygroscopic (60 flares). All designs offer remote, real-time control of the system, utilizing cellular/satellite technology in conjunction with microprocessor technology.

These systems are all available to private parties that can pay the cost.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I understand that ground based 'cannons' are used for cloud seeding quite a lot by winter resorts in the US - and obviously being able to trigger them by cell phone makes sense as it avoids needed to send someone up to the hill top (where they are usually situated) to fire them.

ie Cloud seeding aims to increase Winter Park snowfall

I think the weather in the UK is usually too dynamic for cloud seeding to really be much use (assuming it actually works at all* - there's still a lot of debate over this, though obviously firms selling the technology will make grandious claims than many meteorologists may disagree with
) - weather systems tend to push through very quickly over our small island. And I'm not sure folk to the west of London would be too happy if it was even suggested that they got even MORE rain as a result of weather modification intended to keep the Olympics dry, given how wet it's been everywhere so far this summer!

* ie: Cloud seeding is a failed mission in Karnataka

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

hello, it wouldn't suprise me either if the area flooded, although i can't help but think they may well succeed in holding back the rain for the olympics, but i get the feeling it will have knock on devastating consequences for the areas surrounding the olympics afterwards, i remember hearing at the beginning of the year that the insurances companies no longer want to insure homes around the river thames because of future flooding, wonder what they know? and now they are talking about the whole of the uk having to fork out more in home insurance premiums because of flooding, the national builders merchant i work for has also just bought in mass quantities of stock of a product called floodsaxs.

someone is obviously expecting flooding...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The reason "they" are expecting more flooding is because we're experiencing more flooding. And this is expected to continue as a consequence of weather pattern changes wrought by global warming. Either it'll flood or we'll be in drought, but rarely inbetween....... As we see happening now.

And one of the reasons to be concerned about mmore risk of flooding to property is because we have been, and still are, building more and more homes on areas prone to flooding.

One of our previous incompetents, John Prescott (of the fat belly and slight mind), wanted us to build lots and lots and lots of new houses around the Thames estuary on land that is already below sea level. Just one of the reasons why many of us consider politicians less intelligent and quite a bit more useless than a snail that died 3 weeks ago. In Tahiti.

All of which has no bearing on the fact that cloud seeding to prevent it raining over the Olympics won't happen and even if it did would be as useful as a thimble with a hole in is to bale out with when your ship is sinking.

Edit: anyway, current indications are that the opening days of the Olympics will be mainly dry - though obviously too early to say what the following weeks will bring, given that no heavy rain at any time in SE England for the duration would be as unusual as it raining every day
edit on 17-7-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
but but but...the technology to control the weather doesn't exist...how dare they

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985
reply to post by sonnny1

thats exactly what i was thinking, if they say they can create rain too so why are they not doing it in places that need it, am i right in saying that 2/3 of america are suffering from a drought?

Seriously ....... you think the areas of drought in America need to be classed as priority ? its all about America

Kill your TV , kill it dead.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

get an umbrella

............. maybe even cause a "natural" disaster .... *whistle*
*whistle*

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
when they say cloud seeding do they mean creating rain hoping to pull in moisture from elsewhere? seeding means to force it to rain not dry the clouds out. Sounds dangerous. messing with Mother Nature just sounds like a fail to me

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Something of the opposite effect would be greatly appreciated down here in Arizona.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I find it a remarkable coincidence, albeit one which I will swallow if proven otherwise, that the rain stopped five minutes before the Opening Ceremony and that beach volleyball has not turned into water polo since. I immediately thought of HAARP after seeing a good report by Jesse Ventura and thinking of the "special relationship" between Brits and Americans.

Regardless, this observation about the change in weather has also been echoed by commentators during the opening ceremony along with BBC Radio 4 presenters this Friday on "Friday Night Comedy" podcast "Now Show Live". While HAARP will never be specifically mentioned openly - or for that matter any other attempts to control the weather. I hope this discussion continues.

-MH

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Several beach volleyball & rowing session I watched live had rain.

Seems HAARP didn't work so well after all.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join