It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rant From An Old Farmer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Old farmer: Listen, years ago I rode with Juárez against Emperor Maximilian. I lost many chickens but I thought it was worth it to be free. When Porfirio became President, I supported him – but he stole my chickens. Then came Huerta and he stole my chickens. Then it was Carranza’s term, and he stole my chickens too. Now comes Pancho Villa to liberate me and the first thing he does is steal my chickens!...What makes one different from the others? My chickens don’t know. All over the world revolutions come and go. Presidents rise and fall. They all steal your chickens. The only thing to change is the name of the man who takes them.

From: Young Indiana Jones "Spring Break Adventure", summing up the history of Mexico from about 1860 to 1930.

But it's so true. The only thing a government does is take from its people, and try to keep everything so regulated so you can't have any real freedom. It doesn't matter if it's a Democracy, Republic, or tyranny of some sort, they all take whatever they can from you.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

But it's so true. The only thing a government does is take from its people, and try to keep everything so regulated so you can't have any real freedom. It doesn't matter if it's a Democracy, Republic, or tyranny of some sort, they all take whatever they can from you.
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

The government steals from the lower, and middle class.. Gives to the wealthy, and upper-class.. This is new to you?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I like analogies and this was a good one.

Even though it came from a TV show, it does speak the truth.

But there are still those who will deny it.

But what about the children!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Precisely why I don't own any chickens!
But if I did I'd make darn sure they wouldn't know about them.
Nice analogy, government really can't do much that we can't do for ourselves.
Unfortunately too many people think government is a solution instead of the problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
All my chickens are hormone injected, thus making their breasts HUGE!
It’s a great plan really…
They simply wait for horny invaders…. then POW!
They show their chicken breasts and convince the invaders to give them half their stuff!

top topics

join