It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic 2012 false flag or credible threat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just wanted to post my thoughts on the current deployment of additional armed forces at the upcoming Olympics.

This is a major event for London and UK. A lot of tourists etc coming and a lot of income to be generated locally and nationally which is good for the economy.

We have all heard and read about the false flag theories and the shortfalls in security screening and training.

What if there was a credible threat. How would the government handle this. For those that don't know the UK has a huge immigrant population. Unfortunately a high percentage have links to countries that our terrible foreign policy has impacted.

So you discover a credible threat (over 12 arrests have taken place in the last 2 weeks under terrorism laws). How do deal with the information garnered from these arrests. You can't say to the public "We need to beef up security due to recent information discovered". This would cause people to avoid the Olympics.

Maybe you get the security company(who have EXTREMELY close ties to the government) to declare shortfalls in staffing levels, this would allow to bring in extra personnel without raising suspicion.

Throughout build up to games it was apparent that the police would not be playing any major role in the actual Olympic Park. This mystified most. It now appears that at least a 1000 will be drafted in to patrol Olympic area.

As it stands the UK can now draft in as much personnel as it wants without raising suspicion. I believe there may be a credible threat.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My thoughts on the Olympics are really undecided. Bringing in the military makes sense if there is a genuine concern over security or off course that would be the perfect excuse to "maintain" control in a FF situation.
Also my thoughts from another thread
Now is the reason this firms policies are acceptable and allowed to go on. Because there job is merely to deter troublemakers and create the illusion of security.
Where its the Intel agencies job to foil potential terrorists threats.
I mean they have had a 100% success rate in American and Britain since 9/11
This statistic is the thing that scares me the most, when has the gov ever been 100% successful?

reply to post by Numbers33four

Proof? or its justa unfounded accusation.
Almost dis info like

Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION' Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to 'drive in the wedge.' By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator.

edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: i can't write :/

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i find it sad we live in a age were we even need security
edit on 14-7-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I live in Birmingham UK and i am also undecided, i am genuinely worried that they have a credible threat but cant stop it, does anyone here remember such security in China or Greece for the other most recent games?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There may be a credible threat-but it also could be that the Gov are pulling out all the stops just in case...They wouldn't want to get bad press if something happened and they had not put the appropriate resources in place beforehand.

That said-the whole thing seems to be turning into a giant police/military excercise,with the actual games tagged on as a kind of afterthought.

Its like for the last half dozen games,the governments have each been trying to out do one another when it comes to how much security they can be seen to implement.

I wonder if the actual security operation will cost more than the revenue the games bring in-in which case the whole thing is a giant waste of money,let alone its basically asking bad guys to try something while the cameras are pointed at London.

edit on 14/7/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think this paranoia with over-the-top security dates back to the Munich Olympics of 1972, when the Israeli athletes were held hostage and killed in the Athletes' village, ever since then the authorities have been concerned over how easy it was for the Israelis to be taken, and they are going over the usual level of security to compensate for the possibility of a repeat.

edit on 14/7/2012 by royspeed because: spelling

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by royspeed

Im new to this i cant make a news stream but im sure i got it figured out so spread the word a Storm is coming. Now would be a good time to make a very large Ark im mean PARK . we could put all the worlds fittest humans on this planet in it. Maybe call it an London Olimpic Ark. i think it would need a Navy helicopter Attack ship next to it and maybe some some servise to air batterys around it and maybe couple of thousand army troops because cant rely on G4s-- wot a shame--. When all the people who could actual afford a ticket ---rich people famous people and politistions are in the stadium BooooooM let the show begin. Any bets on who will win the games? USA and EU have Crazy Israel . Russia and China have crazy Iran. They all want the same prize --- Sryia .. Dont forget about those sneaky North Korens tho... how will it kick off who will start it? Days to go till its the End of the world as we no it.. Cant wait to never have to work at my #ty job ever again. I feel like a slave but it dont matter because i have to work long and hard --- we living in a finiacal crises --thats another destracting news story tho..

top topics

join