It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions Escalate in Straits of Hormuz

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
With the U.S. increasing its military forces in the Persian Gulf and Iran's foreign minister openly warning that if sanctions are fully enforced, his nation will close the Strait of Hormuz and choke one-fifth of the world's oil supply, many are asking: Is a war with Iran imminent?

I personally think so. I see the Last World War and the Battle of Armageddon in the Valley of Megiddo coming to a head and soon.

In the past few days, the New York Times has reported: "The United States has quietly moved significant military assets and reinforcements into the Persian Gulf to deter the Iranian military from any possible attempt to shut the Strait of Hormuz and to increase the number of fighter jets capable of striking deep into Iran if the standoff over its nuclear program escalates."

It is suspected that Iran continues to secretly enrich uranium amid reports that it is pushing forward with its nuclear weapons program, while diplomatic talks to thwart Iran's program and stop pre-emptive Israeli airstrikes have so far failed.

I personally feel, especially from reading from the Book of Revelation and from my background in the USAF Nuclear Program, that Iran is developing NEUTRON BOMBS instead of regular nuclear weapons. The reason for this belief is that they want to live in the area Israel now occupies. Setting off nuclear weapons would make the place uninhabitable for decades to come. This is not what they want. NEUTRON BOMBS would destroy anything LIVING in the area, melt the flesh off the bones if you will, and leave everything else intact. This way, they murder the Isralies and move in when they are all dead.

Some questions being asked that need to be answered are:

What is the full extent of Iran's nuclear program and are they developing NEUTRON weapons?
How soon could Iran have a nuclear or neutron weapon?
Will President Obama accept a War Armed Iran with nuclear or neutron weapons of mass destruction?
What is the likelihood of an Israeli strike on Iran?
Would Iran retaliate to an Israeli strike and would US Forces in the region be targets?
Would such a response include biological, chemical or even "dirty" nuclear bombs?
What are the chances Iran will make a pre-emptive strike against Israel or the U.S.?
Should Israel make a pre-emptive strike in Iran will the world see a spike in oil prices?
What are the Economic implications for the dollar, the euro, and gold?

I do not know the answers, I can only speculate the outcome of such things. But I can tell you this.
It will affect every single person on the face of the planet.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012
What is the full extent of Iran's nuclear program and are they developing NEUTRON weapons?

Please source this information regarding "Neutron" weaponry that Iran is supposedly developpping.

Theoretically they could already, but they probably don't. Either way there will be no war if they do announce they have Nuclear Weapons. Too risky. And hopefully that's what happens.

Will President Obama accept a War Armed Iran with nuclear or neutron weapons of mass destruction?

Obama will do as he's told. No more, no less. He doesn't make any decisions, he's just a globalist puppet. Again, source the Neutron bomb informatin.

50/50

Would Iran retaliate to an Israeli strike and would US Forces in the region be targets?

Of course they would retaliate. They would probably not outright target US forces unless they were involved.

Would such a response include biological, chemical or even "dirty" nuclear bombs?

Again, where are these weapons and the sources claiming that Iran has them already?

What are the chances Iran will make a pre-emptive strike against Israel or the U.S.?

None what so ever. Iran hasn't started a war in a VERY long time, take a good look at history. They aren't meddling in other's affairs. Other nation's, hypocritical nations at that, are meddling in Iran's affairs.

Should Israel make a pre-emptive strike in Iran will the world see a spike in oil prices?

Of course there will be, but whether or not it's the result of lack of supply or just more globalist scumbags taking advantage of another world conflict is anybody's guess.

Complete and utter collapse of all Fiat currencies in the 1st year of another major, international conflict.

~Tenth
edit on 7/14/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is a good posting on here, well done, I am not able to reply to all your questions, but if I may just say I honestly do now feel that all the Troop, RAF, movements around London are not just for the games, no I feel it in my bones that the USA have informed the UK that they will attack Iran while the London games are going on.
Why would they hit Iran when games are on? why simply because the press will be wrapped up in reporting sport the people will not even notice a Nuclear bomb or major fighting going on in the middle east.
We already know in the UK the press are not allowed to report killings that the Syrian terror groups are doing to Syrian people and the normal army personal, the UK gov wont let them report on things that the USA say we should not hear about.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

I imagine we came to this by different routes and facts but I agree with you entirely about Neutron weapons and NOT the detonating type thermonuclear weapons people keep imagining. I also agree with the reasoning. Israel is SO SMALL....it's amazing that some areas are just miles from the sea to the West Bank border. A nuke there would destroy everything Islam wants to save and what they are fighting for. As you say though....a Neutron weapon would be a 100% score on all levels. Israel without the Jews...yet all tech and 1st world infrastructure remains intact and fully operable. It's a horrifying thought but it all fits.

It also matches the Ayatollah's personal statements which have baffled me for a long time now. He absolutely states they are NOT making and would NOT use Nuclear Weapons...but we'd feel the wrath of their Nuclear efforts. Well...that is cryptic enough and also fits this scenario perfectly. It doesn't fit much else.

I also believe Iran is working like nobodies business to make one other class to truly equalize the playing field and negate our primary advantage in war. I think they're working on or already have EMP weapons to compliment their Neutron efforts.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Iran most likely has a few nuclear bombs. They could have acquired them several ways. From the Russians, from N. Korea, or built their own. My guess is all of the above.

Obama is just a puppet, and the US military will not take action against Iran, even if ordered to do so. Another false-flag attack like 9/11 would be required, but even that would likely backfire against the current US establishment.

Israel will not strike Iran because it would lead to their own destruction, and millions of deaths. The media likes to paint Iran as a psychopathic nation that wants to destroy Israel, but that is just political propaganda. They mainly want nukes just for their own protection. Iran has little interest in pre-emptively attacking Israel.

Iran may or may not retaliate to an Israeli strike. If they retaliate, then things would escalate. If they don't retaliate, then Israel's reputation would suffer immensely. In my opinion, not retaliating would be a wiser strategic move. It reallly would depend on the nature of an Israeli attack. If Israel attacked Iran's nuclear facilities, they may respond by assassination attempts at Israeli leadership.

US forces would definitely not be targets, even though the US and Israel are controlled by the same shadowy overlords. Iran would not want to give US forces an excuse to join the war.

The chances of a pre-emptive strike against US and/or Israel are next to zero, despite what the mainstream media would like you to believe. The USA and/or Israel could annihilate Iran at the push of a button.

If there is an attack on Iran, yes the price of oil would definitely increase. One of Iran's first moves would be to attack the west's oil infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

I've pondered much along the lines you have postulated with the exception of Iran moving into Israel.

How would they accomplish this? They'd have to cross other countries borders to do this.

Which would indictate that said countries were in on the plan all along.

Regardless, when the ballon does go up, it will quickly spiral out of control.

History shows that when Islam feels that it is strong, it switches into conquer/convert mode. It is already happening the world over.

This next war will end up being a big one, as you say, on biblical scale.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Neutron bombs are not even understood to be possible with current technology. Hiroshima and nagasaki were rebuilt in ten years. Airbursting the bombs disperses contamination too widely to be a longterm threat.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Neutron bombs are not even understood to be possible with current technology. Hiroshima and nagasaki were rebuilt in ten years. Airbursting the bombs disperses contamination too widely to be a longterm threat.

Neutron bombs have been around for decades now.

As for contamination being dispersed too widely to be a longterm threat, it's the short term contamination that kills ya.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sounds about right.

Iran won't pre-emptively strike unless they are forced into it. Western Nations and Israel will likely force them into that very corner where they have no choice, and then Iran will be painted as the bad guy. The pipeline bypassing the Straits of Hormuz is almost complete, and strategic reserves are almost replenished, so the prime time for screwing with Iran is coming up very soon.

The one thing I disagree on is the Nuclear deterrent. I don't think we care if Iran is nuclear armed or not, we'll screw with them anyway. Look at how bad we have punked Pakistan lately. We've sent our military into their sovereign land repeatedly, killed their folks by accident, and barely even apologized for it, and that only came when we wanted something in return. Their nuclear weapons didn't deter us from treating them like a doormat at all.

The fact is, I think we'd love for Iran to use a small improv nuclear device, because it would justify the world's fears and give us carte blanche to do whatever we want in retaliation, and it would galvanize the majority of the population to approve of the war, and approve of giving even more money to Israel.

I do agree with the OP, the war is coming. Its coming regardless of who wins in November, and it is likely to come even before the election.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Pakistan IMO was different though, they know that they would not use their arsenal against the US, because of India's interests in the region and strategic partnerships.

The US has been playing off of the hate relationship between those two nations for decades now. I think Iran is something entirely different. Do they really know that the Iranian government would not use those weapons?

I don't personally think the current one would, however what if a revolution occured and some really really ridiculous candidate won and was determined to end this problem by showing the world that Iran wasn't afraid of retaliation?

Screwing with nation you already have diplomatic relationships with is one thing, but one that you've been at "rhetoric war" with for almost a decade now is again IMO, something entirely different.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Umm.. It could be properly said that the first Neutron Weapon was invented and proven to work just dandy by the first major accident at Los Alamos with the 'Demon Core' experiment. Funny how the worst things in the world come by accident.... I seem to recall there was a quirky little story behind VX too, one of the worst substances ever produced by man.

I've never heard the concept and viability of a Neutron Weapon being debated though. Thats new.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yep. According to Wiki, the Neutron bomb is common technology for Europe, the US, and China, and it has been deployed on at least 3 different platforms for the US.

Nothing controversial about its existence, just its use. It apparently brings a lot of protests when it is deployed openly, because it is the only weapon designed specifically to kill humans with radiation.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Doesn't shutting down the straits to all shipping also shut down Iran's oil output. Are they willing to give up export to make a point and hope it hurts other nations before them.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Doesn't shutting down the straits to all shipping also shut down Iran's oil output. Are they willing to give up export to make a point and hope it hurts other nations before them.

Sanctions have basically shut down all their exports anyway. That is kind of the point of it. If the world won't let them export, then they won't let anyone else export either.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Yep. According to Wiki, the Neutron bomb is common technology for Europe, the US, and China, and it has been deployed on at least 3 different platforms for the US.

Nothing controversial about its existence, just its use. It apparently brings a lot of protests when it is deployed openly, because it is the only weapon designed specifically to kill humans with radiation.

Indeed... I'm openly advocating these be USED, actually, if any nut jobs actually take a hoax idea seriously and move toward the world's Pyramids. I wouldn't want to hurt the structures.

Outside of something like that...well.. These are evil when you think about it. The worst man can make.

@Road Gravel

The Sanctions have made the straights rather moot for Iran's benefit anyway. Iran is selling it's oil in other directions now like China and out across land pipelines that spider the whole region into Iraq and Turkey as well as around the Caspian Sea. It's easy to forget but to Iran, the Straights are wayyyy down in the south and NOT their primary cash show. The Caspian Sea is more for them....the Gulf is for everyone else.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Sanctions have basically shut down all their exports anyway. That is kind of the point of it. If the world won't let them export, then they won't let anyone else export either.

Others are still buying their oil. When does the naval blockade of Iranian tankers begin.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

OK. At one time Kharg terminal was used for most of there exports, maybe that was only for tanker export.

Anyway, there will always be those buying unless the US can finish policing the whole planet.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

The sanctions dictate that the international community won't buy their oil, or trade with people that do buy their oil. Sure, some of it is still being traded, but the incentive for Iran to leave the Straits open are evaporating fast. When we paint someone into a corner like this, they become desperate, and desperate nations are dangerous.

Wiki list of Iran Sanctions. --> It isn't just oil.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by roadgravel

The sanctions dictate that the international community won't buy their oil, or trade with people that do buy their oil. Sure, some of it is still being traded, but the incentive for Iran to leave the Straits open are evaporating fast. When we paint someone into a corner like this, they become desperate, and desperate nations are dangerous.

Wiki list of Iran Sanctions. --> It isn't just oil.

You know the funny thing. 50 y ears ago these kinds of sanctions would mean a declaration of war.

It's financial terrorism as far as I am concerned.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
In true fashion, this will most likely hurt those wielding sanctions more then Iran. Money to be made is just that.

I have to wonder if the US is starting to believe shutting the straits may be real. If it is just more talk from Iran, the US is spending a lot of time and money dealing with it. Guess the spending isn't really a big deal as long as the US gets it's way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join