It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choose the Next Intelligent Species to Rule the World.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Choose the Next Intelligent Species to Rule the World.

My vote goes to the crow. I've heard many say just how intelligent this bird is, but this foul exercise in Problem-Solution simply blows my mind.

In Japan, the crows had to find a way to crack open walnuts. Sure, they could have dropped a rock on the nuts, but walnuts shells are really hard, so it probably would have been exhausting work and quite time consuming. So they worked out that car tires do a really good job of smashing open nuts, but car tires also did a good job of smashing open crows.

What to do, what to do?

They watched the cars and noticed that the traffic seemed to stop at regular intervals. So, they dropped the nuts IN PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALKS and waited for the cars to stop!

Bloody brilliant!

If you wish to see them in action you can watch this documentary: BBC Nature's Weirdest Events.
www.youtube.com... This nutty story starts at 7:45, but you might want to watch the entire documentary. All of it is fascinating!

So, what creature gets your vote for the next intelligent species to rule the world?

edit on 7/14/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think squirrels should rule the world

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I suggest the next intelligent species will not wish to rule the world, but rather nurture the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Wait a second, I thought that mankind was the next species? After the Mice and Dolphins.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Elephants and Raccoons deserve an honorable mention.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

I'm crying for the monkeys. Not even a mention. (sniffle)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

They were too obvious, I'm sure that's all it was. Plus, monkeys probably hit a little to close to home, ya know what I mean?

Are you gonna be okay, Jig?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

They were too obvious, I'm sure that's all it was. Plus, monkeys probably hit a little to close to home, ya know what I mean?

Are you gonna be okay, Jig?

Phew! I thought it was a vote of no confidence in our cousins. But, I have to admit that those crows freak me out. Just consider the formulation of thought that those little brains can perform:

Need to break nut.
Cars heavy
Cars dangerous!
Drop nut in crosswalk.
Cars break nut.
Wait for cars to stop.
Eat crushed nut.

I can't think that deep on a good day!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I've always admired the Corvids...Crows, Ravens, Jays..We had a Raven that lived nearby my last residence, you could just see them working out problems...Our local Raven, had a thing for Dog Kibble, which we would sometimes leave out during the day. He only came to the fence, if he saw the bowl...And would usually make 3 passes...As if he realized his luck would run out, if he hung out too long...

But i think if species were to "rule the world" they would need the ability to manipulate things, with some sort of dexterity.....Like Racoons...Dolphins are smart of course...But the no-hands thing is a problem.

But I think true rulers of the world, even currently, are microbes...

new topics

top topics

join