It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Spectrum....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Just wondering, and i might have missed this in class or something, but wat is outside of the light spectrum we know of?...What kind of light is it???...wat are the implications and uses of this light?....Its not like there is a limit on the frequency of light is there??...If there is, i doubt it ends at gamma and radio waves...How come we havent explored this??....wat makes it more different or useless than the rest of the light spectrum, that we use.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The spectrum continues at both sides, but the problem is that waves much larger than radio waves are very difficult to detect and that waves more energetic than gamma radiation are very rare. They do exist, but they just don't occur enough to get their own name.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
LuDaCrIs, hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
LuDaCrIs, hope this helps.

Did you even read my post???....Man, dont insult my intelligence by showing me what the light spectrum is in visual form. I know exactly wat it is and thats why i was asking wats outside of it??...

Amantine....is it safe to say that dark energy and matter has something to do with these outer frequencies??...i mean dark energy cant be detected by any of our telescopes/receivers. Isnt it true that dark energy and matter take up more space than "visible" (by this i mean with instruments as well as with our eyes) matter and energy. This dark energy would have to be somewhere out of the boundaries we have set.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by LuDaCrIs]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
LuDaCrIs,
I misread your initial post.
Didn't mean to offend with the post, sorry.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well, the radiation more energetic than gamma radiation is very rare, so that won't contribute to dark matter/energy. Electromagnetic radiation with very long wavelengths, higher than radio, has very little energy. They'll probably contribute a little bit the matter/energy-density of the universe, but I doubt that there is enough of it to explain all the dark matter and dark energy. I also believe it lacks some of the properties required for dark matter and energy. Dark matter must be able to form clumps that will be seeds of future galaxies and dark energy has to accelerate the expansion of space (source) and light doesn't do that.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
[Amantine....is it safe to say that dark energy and matter has something to do with these outer frequencies??...i mean dark energy cant be detected by any of our telescopes/receivers. Isnt it true that dark energy and matter take up more space than "visible" (by this i mean with instruments as well as with our eyes) matter and energy. This dark energy would have to be somewhere out of the boundaries we have set.

No. In fact, most radiation in the "unseeable" spectrum is emitted by things we know about (like the sun.) Dark energy doesn't appear to be some form of electromagnetic radiation (at least, not from what I've read):
science.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

join