It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Breaking News: Japan hit by record rains: 10 killed, 20 missing, 50,000 evacuated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Ten people died and at least 20 are missing after heavy rain hit southwestern Japan, particularly in the country's southernmost main island of Kyushu, police and firefighters said.

Most of those killed in the disaster were elderly people who did not manage to leave their houses themselves.

"Unfortunately, we believe the numbers [of dead and missing] will rise as we get more and more information from the field," a Kumamoto spokesman told AFP.

The Japanese Meteorological Agency said in Kumamoto and neighboring Oita prefectures saw “the heaviest rain that [the region] has ever experienced" as hourly rainfalls of 100 millimeters were recorded there.

www.rt.com...

Wow, Japan really catch a break. From what I am seeing, lots of weird weather lately. Drought in the US/Canada/Russia then in other parts of the world they are getting record breaking rain.
edit on 14-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Oh no..... I just feel for these people. The weather/ climate has got to get better globally, otherwise we may all be having to move. Just sad....

Thanks for bringing this story to ATS! Otherwise, I would not have known as this is where I mainly receive news.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I wonder if the rainfall has anything to do with the cyclones/hurricanes that have been rolling through the Pacific... and there are 2 more storms rolling away from Mexico right now.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Earth was supposed to hit by a solar flare yesterday/today. I wonder if it contributed to the massive amounts of rain we're seeing in places around the world?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The japanese people have been through so much hardship especially in the last 50 yrs. I wish I had money to help

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think god hates Japan.

It's not me. I don't hate Japan. (I'm not god.
)

I think if I lived there I would be making plans on moving before something happens with ol' Fuk - u - shima.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Are we possibly looking at the future assimilation of the Japanese people into the rest of the world?
It's a sobering thought, but I think the nations of this world have a duty to at least consider such a possibility, and be willing to act on it if needed.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
must be global warming

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
The Earth was supposed to hit by a solar flare yesterday/today. I wonder if it contributed to the massive amounts of rain we're seeing in places around the world?

Sure. About as much as my humongous fart caused the sun to flare.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Has anyone taken any samples of the rainwater for radiation?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Chinese ghost cities..

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Those poor people have had to endure so much. My heart goes out to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I wonder if the rainfall has anything to do with the cyclones/hurricanes that have been rolling through the Pacific... and there are 2 more storms rolling away from Mexico right now.

you ..

wouldn't happen to have a link for that would you?

top topics

join