It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would we be today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I hate to do this but its something that has been on my mind for the past few days. Since I do believe that we have had cultural and technological influence from aliens. Where do you think we would be as a civilization, if you believe that we would exist at all, if we hadn't had alien contact?

I know there isn't a definative answer to this, Im just curious to what you all might think!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
For me its impossible to awnser this question...."i said for me"

Since we are not sure IF they have really influenced or HOW MUCH have they influenced our past...
Other point needed to awnser ur question is since when have they influenced our culture and development, IF they did.

Would be easier to ask, would we exist if they hadnt influenced ?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hmm... I personally don't think there's much credibility to the notion of aliens giving us advanced technologies. Although I do think there are two times in recorded history where alien influence it is questionable, one being the rapid advancement of science and technology since after the supposed 'UFO boom' of the 40's and the other being the Egyptians and the contruction of the pyramids.

However, I think you raise a very interesting question, so right now I'll pretend that we know for sure that aliens granted us advanced knowledge oh let's say... after a treaty signed in the 50's and thats how leaps and bounds seem to have been made in such short time.

Now, of course, it is known that many of the advanced devices we have in the present started off with humble research and experiements well before the days of mass UFO sightings and alien reports. (i.e. computers started off as 'calculating machines' and then analog computing machines and so on.)

But still, lets say it was all aliens doing for the sake of conversation since it's a very interesting theory.

And then picture where we would be today if the advancement of technology had depended on extra terrestrials and that crucial contact had never happened.

Hmm... Perhaps black and white TV? More people would depend on news from the morning paperboy? It might be a much more simple and dare I say nice place to live, who knows.

Another view is what if rogue ET's were responsible for secretly revealing to scientists the atomic weapon? What if it was a trick on humanity to run us into hostility towards foes? I dont believe this ever happened, so dont quote me as being a follower of any of the suggestions I've typed, but it's all still very interesting.

Nice thread friend

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColdAshes
Where do you think we would be as a civilization, if you believe that we would exist at all, if we hadn't had alien contact?

Oh oops, I didn't seem to touch on that but it's also something to think about. I guess it all depends on one's belief of how we all got here, whether it be that the human race is a genetic experiement by aliens, that God created us all in his image, the big bang theory etc...

I don't think we're experiments, so yes, I think we'd be here, and if we were and that never happened, I think some living lifeform would be here, because the Earth is inhabitable, has an atmosphere and so on so forth. (unless you believe that the Earth is a product of aliens too, like some kind of super ant farm.)

top topics

join