It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G4S Chief: "I don't know if guards can speak English"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Nick Buckles, chief executive of G4S said he deeply regretted the company's failure to recruit enough staff, which will see troops called in to fill in the gaps. He said attempts to recruit 10,000 workers had been "complex" and that the firm had underestimated the scale of the task. But when challenged about whether those recruited by G4S even spoke fluent English, Mr Buckles struggled to answer the question. He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "That is a difficult question to answer. They all have a right to work in the UK and have been vetted to very high standards." When the question was repeated he admitted: "I can't say categorically."

I've checked to see if this has been posted but as I am aware it does not seem like it....but anyway along with all of the security blunders it seems now the G4S guards can not even be guaranteed to speak English! The security of the olympics looks absolutely terrible despise the missiles among the rooftops, almost a fifth of the British army being stationed, the aircraft and whatnot.....all thanks to G4S with this monumental cock up.

Along with this there is also a whistleblower who had claimed there is a 50% chance that if someone wanted to smuggle in an explosive into the olympic venue...they could. There is a video on the link followed below to explain this but bloody hell, why spend SO much on safeguarding the olympics then hiring such an incompetent security firm?!

news.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Perhaps this bloke can't speak English either...
Anyway if I were British, I'd boycott the whole event.
It's stomach-turning.

new topics

join