It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographs of a Rainbow around the Sun from 2 Days Ago in the UK....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I just wanted to show ATS members a couple of photographs that two girls took of the Sun a couple of days ago in the UK.

Both photo's are of a rainbow around the Sun, I didn't see it myself and I don't know whether it has been posted on ATS already, apologies if it has.The first photo is not a full photo of the Sun because the girl in question thought that it was very dangerous to take a picture through a camera. She was only able to catch a small part of the Sun, the rest is hidden behind her house, but you can see the rainbow that goes around the Sun.

The second photo is an actual photo of the sun with the rainbow going around it. I am not sure what camera's were used to film these two photographs, but I think that they were just taken with mobile phone camera's. But I presume that the girl who took the second photo must have just aimed, closed her eyes and clicked because it is a perfect photo with a magnificent glow all the way around the outside where the rainbow is........

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I'm sure there is some kind of (half plausible) scientific explanation out there to explain this kind of effect, but my own personal view is this :-

The earth matrix is changing, and in transition at present. Expect to see more things like this is the coming weeks and months.

Find your centre and try to find peace within yourself. It is very important right now.

End Of Line

*Ned

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I saw a rainbow round the sun about 12 years ago, me and a couple mates were walking around telling everybody!

Half thought we were just mad and walked on by, the ones that did stop were as amazed as we were.

Cool pics and thanks for bringing back the memories.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I've seen that a few times especially when there is a thin layer of cloud that the sun can shine through. Its probably down to the moisture in the atmosphere. Its been the wettest summer on record here in the UK so no doubt that contributes to the rainbow effect.

I'm more astounded that they managed to take a photo of the sun, Ive never seen it for weeks with all the rain and crap weather

edit on 14-7-2012 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
reply to post by davethebear

I'm sure there is some kind of (half plausible) scientific explanation out there to explain this kind of effect, but my own personal view is this :-

The earth matrix is changing, and in transition at present. Expect to see more things like this is the coming weeks and months.

Find your centre and try to find peace within yourself. It is very important right now.

End Of Line

*Ned

Yeah, I certainly think that there are some weird and wonderful things going to happen in the very near future.....keep your eyes and ears peeled it could be just around the corner........

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
I've seen that a few times especially when there is a thin layer of cloud that the sun can shine through. Its probably down to the moisture in the atmosphere. Its been the wettest summer on record here in the UK so no doubt that contributes to the rainbow effect.

I'm more astounded that they managed to take a photo of the sun, Ive never seen it for weeks with all the rain and crap weather

Lol....I am sure that the weather, especially the amount of rain we have had the last few months here in the UK has quite a bearing on what happens in the heavens and produces some strange sights....

As for the weather, in all my 47 years I don't think I can ever remember a time when so much rain fell in such a short time.............unreal and gets into your bones..........Yeah, and crap...haha....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
I saw a rainbow round the sun about 12 years ago, me and a couple mates were walking around telling everybody!

Half thought we were just mad and walked on by, the ones that did stop were as amazed as we were.

Wish I could have seen it for myself, I have never seen a rainbow circling the sun..........glad it bought some good memories back to you............

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Nice photos! Thanks for sharing.
I have seen this phenomenon a few years back in South America. Although it was a warm day, the treat was attributed to very small ice crystals in the upper atmosphere, whick broke down light into color bands (rainbow) much like water droplets do.
So no end-of-world, pole shifting, ascension, etc. scenarios here.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I don't see it. The second picture just looks like a picture of the sun put through instagram

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
I don't see it. The second picture just looks like a picture of the sun put through instagram

What is instagram........please forgive I am a complete technophobe.......

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

I don't know if this is pertinent or not but of course there was an x class solar flare a few days ago and coincidentally we are currently in the midst of a solar maximum which occur approximately every 11 to 12 years.
edit on 7/14/2012 by MissSmartypants because: mistake

edit on 7/14/2012 by MissSmartypants because: messed up

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The first one is a sun halo, from ice particles in the atmosphere/clouds at altitude, and are common enough. No idea about the second one, unless the camera has been filtered. The colours are in place in the paler corona and red inner chromosphere, and the yellow of the sun, although the chromosphere and corona are much 'bigger' looking than they should be.
edit on 14-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join