It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Don't Understand Pro-Bush Conservatives...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
OK...Bush has admitted that there were no weapons of mass destruction found. He mislead our country to go into an unnecessary and very costly war, yet there are still people out there who will vote for this goon come election day.

These are the same people who were so disgusted with Clinton when he had oral sex in the White House...and thought he shouldn't be president anymore.

But Bush misleads the American public, hundreds of kids die fighting in Iraq, the economy sucks, all the other countries in the world hate us...but conservatives run to the polls to re elect the most idiotic president we have ever had to date who is driving our country into the ground.

Why??? Why??? A thousand times WHY?????

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think its pretty simple but I could be wrong...no one likes admitting they were ultimately wrong, especially when lives were lost.

If Bush supporters go against him then they have to admit they're wrong too. All they can do is cling to their last excuse that Saddam was a danger regardless and getting rid of him was a good thing even though that was the last and least promoted reason before the war started as to justification.

If a Democrat had done the same thing as President the Conservatives would have been on him like stink on sh...well, you know what I mean.

[edit on 123131p://555 by Weller]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Not to hijack the thread, but in the same theme. Why do the ones who say "our founding fathers want us to have guns" have no problem with a national id card?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Im surprised you didnt use the word Lie which I heard uttered so often when talking about Bush. He made a decision on what turned out to be false intel from the US,UK and Russia. He didnt lie or knowningly mislead the American people.

Even Kerry stated when he was given that information he thought it was the real deal and would have taken us to war. If your get intel of a threat to America I hope a president will act on it.

Most of the countries in the world hated us before Bush, and they will still hate us after he is gone. I always find it funny when people think before Bush the world loved the US and that if Kerry gets in they will alll love us again

[edit on 8-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weller

If a Democrat had done the same thing as President the Conservatives would have been on him like stink on sh...well, you know what I mean.

[edit on 123131p://555 by Weller]

Sad but I ahve to agree...it was a headhunt for Clinton also..

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Im surprised you didnt use the word Lie which I heard uttered so often when talking about Bush. He made a decision on what turned out to be false intel from the US,UK and Russia. He didnt lie or knowningly mislead the American people.

Even Kerry stated when he was given that information he thought it was the real deal and would have taken us to war. If your get intel of a threat to America I hope a president will act on it.

Most of the countries in the world hated us before Bush, and they will still hate us after he is gone. I always find it funny when people think before Bush the world loved the US and that if Kerry gets in they will alll love us again

My question is why re-elect Bush...what has he done for this country besides make everything worse? Without even bringing Kerry into this why would someone vote for Bush again? I am truly interested and want to understand your side.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

YOu are so right here, but they did like Clinton , cause he kissed their arse!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
OK...Bush has admitted that there were no weapons of mass destruction found. He mislead our country to go into an unnecessary and very costly war, yet there are still people out there who will vote for this goon come election day.

These are the same people who were so disgusted with Clinton when he had oral sex in the White House...and thought he shouldn't be president anymore.

But Bush misleads the American public, hundreds of kids die fighting in Iraq, the economy sucks, all the other countries in the world hate us...but conservatives run to the polls to re elect the most idiotic president we have ever had to date who is driving our country into the ground.

Why??? Why??? A thousand times WHY?????

I can explain why I will vote for him again. It isn't complicated as far as Iraq goes. As far as Clinton goes, personaly, I have no problem with him getting head, I do have a MAJOR problem with his actions as president, such as refusing to take OBL captive when he was offered to us and on the FBI's most wanted list in connection to the first WTC bombing and the bombing of the USS Cole.

The most important thing to remember is that SADDAM BROKE THE PEACE TREATY. After the first gulf war, he sued for peace, and we did not invade and throw him out on several conditions, most noteably that he allow our weapons inspectors full freedom. He did not do that.

That alone justifies the war.

Other reasons are that intel said he did have WMDs. Almost every report said he had them - US, UK, Isreal, France (YES, FRANCE!), and Russia (if I remember correctly) to name a few.

Now the reasons that France, Germany and Russia voiced their veto on the UN security council was that Saddam was ILLEGALLY LAUNDERING MONEY AND GIVING IT TO THEM. Thats right! Through the UN oil for food program, and through various trade agreements, these countries were basically being bought, recieving BILLIONS of dollars each. No wonder they did not want to invade - they wouldn't get their money.

Bush understood that Saddam was a problem. He had commited genocide, used C/B weapons before, had shown nuclear aspirations before, had invaded other countries. He was basically a thug in control of a country.

The fact that we did not FIND any WMD does NOT prove that he did not have them. It is well known that truck convoys crossed the Iraqi/Syrian boarder shortly before the US imposed deadline ran out. Now - what on Gods green (or in this case sandy) Earth were all these trucks doing? My guess is taking WMDs out of the country.

As far as the economy, quite the contrary - the economy is doing fine, growing faster then any in Europe. The US is also having the highest home ownership in it's history. The stock market is a charging bull, having shrugged off the internet buble burst and the attacks on the WTC. Basically, to say the economy sucks is flat out wrong. Compared to any western nation, we have the best economy growth.

Then you say the US is being driven to the ground. Don't make me laugh - the US is doing fine. That is just flat out wrong, as I have said the economy is GROWING, crime is DOWN - what more do you want?

I will also say that oil did play a small part in the decision. A US friendly Iraq is obviously a plus from an economic/oil view. But that was not a major factor - it was a small benefit.

Add to this the fact that Kerry is a self admitted war criminal, and has a more liberal voting record the Ted Kennedy himself (when he decides to show up that is), has voted against just about every major military program since he became a senator and has a trial lawyer as hhis side kick........ well, if you don't get it now, you never will. Hope that explains a few things (even if you don't agree).

ohhhh yeah - I'd also like to point out the fact that Kerry's entire plan for Iraq is a farce - he has said that he will bring in troops from other countries, but most other countries have said they will not come EVEN IF HE IS ELECTED. Talk about missleading the American people - he is just pandering to liberals, and no one seems to be talking about it.

Not to hijack the thread, but in the same theme. Why do the ones who say "our founding fathers want us to have guns" have no problem with a national id card?

Well, I guess I am old school (even though I haven't hit 30 yet) but I for one think ID cards should be left to the state. Basically, I think the states should control as much as they can, as our country was intended.

So I guess on the national ID card, we agree

First time for everything right?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

YOu are so right here, but they did like Clinton , cause he kissed their arse!

Thats true but the people trying to kill us didnt like Clinton. Theres a Famous Al Qaeda Training video thats shows the people training shooting a large projection of Clinton.

Lecky why re-elect Bush?, I get to pick between two Skull & Bones so it doesnt even really matter anyway they are going to have the same general agenda, They just have different special interest backing them.

But really I see who the rest of the world overwhelmingly wants (Kerry) and I will vote the opposite. The rest of the world does not have Americas best interest in mind they want someone that will bend to what they want.

Who do you think terrorist will fear more Bush or Kerry?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
AMM, cause Clinton had a chance to get OBL? Whatabout when the Taliban offered OBL to President Bush during the talks in June-August of 2001? They offered us OBL for a pipeline the big oil buddies of Bush were planning to put in, but the oil people pulled out in August 2001, two weeks later, 9/11. Now one of those oil buddies is the president of Afganistan........

And every report did not say he had them, only the ones Rumsfeild had, the one from the CIA all said he didn't have them, yet the CIA is blamed when no WMDs are found, just like they said.

Saddam commited genocide? So have the Saudi Royals, they could teach Saddam a whole new meaning to genocide, how come we havn't invaded them?

Well known? Never heard of that, except in Suns Times, a tabloid. Sean Hannity and freinds all say WMDs were found, but liberal media was covering it up.

The economy is doing fine, if you, like Bush, consider fast food jobs to be manufactoring jobs. "We gained over 1 million new manufactoring jobs." Yes, by changing the wording of what a manufactoring job is to include fast food jobs.

States power as it was intended, you live in the Confederate States of America? Hmmmm..... we all know what they thought.

He is a war criminal because he fought in a war! Well, Bush can't be a war criminal cause he went AWOL. Well, Japan and other countries consider him a war criminal for his bs war in Iraq.

Oh because Saddam broke a couple sanctions? How many has Iran broken? How many has Cuba broken? How come we havn't invaded them? Just like how the Saudi's have committed more genocide then Saddam could have ever dreamed, and yet they not being bomed.

Also, OBL kills 3,000 civillians in a attack aimed at civillians, we kill 10,000 in attacks not aimed at civillians, and we have "smart" bombs.

Sorry AMM, go anyone but Bush!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
AMM, cause Clinton had a chance to get OBL? Whatabout when the Taliban offered OBL to President Bush during the talks in June-August of 2001? They offered us OBL for a pipeline the big oil buddies of Bush were planning to put in, but the oil people pulled out in August 2001, two weeks later, 9/11. Now one of those oil buddies is the president of Afganistan........

Links please!

And every report did not say he had them, only the ones Rumsfeild had, the one from the CIA all said he didn't have them, yet the CIA is blamed when no WMDs are found, just like they said.

Only the ones that the US, Russia, France, UN, UK, Isreal ect ect ect had.

Saddam commited genocide? So have the Saudi Royals, they could teach Saddam a whole new meaning to genocide, how come we havn't invaded them?

Agreed on the Saudis - they are no saints. The difference is they didn't invade Kuwait and then pleade for peace on the condition of allowing weapons inspectors and then not honor that agreement.

Well known? Never heard of that, except in Suns Times, a tabloid. Sean Hannity and freinds all say WMDs were found, but liberal media was covering it up.

It is well known that spy sats tracked convoys from suspected Iraq WMD storage sites into Syria. Very well known. But of course the liberal media does not talk about this.

The economy is doing fine, if you, like Bush, consider fast food jobs to be manufactoring jobs. "We gained over 1 million new manufactoring jobs." Yes, by changing the wording of what a manufactoring job is to include fast food jobs.

No - the economy is doing fine if you look at job growth, home ownership growth, and the stock market among other things. The big one there is the stock market - it is, like I said, a raging bull. The overall economy is growing faster then any western country. 'Nough said.

States power as it was intended, you live in the Confederate States of America? Hmmmm..... we all know what they thought.

Yes - states power as it was intended. The federalisation of the US government directly conflicts with the intent of our founding fathers. All you have to look at is the original law - everything was set up to make states more powerfull then a federal government. For one example, look at the electoral college. Look at states rights - for instance our current situation with same sex marrige, and how each state may make it legal or ilegal .

He is a war criminal because he fought in a war! Well, Bush can't be a war criminal cause he went AWOL. Well, Japan and other countries consider him a war criminal for his bs war in Iraq.

No - Kerry is a war criminal for firing at people in a no fire zone, and burning down villages "in a fashion remenicant of Ghangis Khan" - both of which he admitted to UNDER OATH, and both of which DIRECTLY CONFLICT WITH THE GENEVA CONVENTION. Not to mention the fact that he shot a fleeing wounded man in the back. And I won't even get into his actions after he got home - if he is not a war criminal he should be charged with treason.

Bush was discharged honorably, which can not be done if you go AWOL - try again.

Oh because Saddam broke a couple sanctions? How many has Iran broken? How many has Cuba broken? How come we havn't invaded them? Just like how the Saudi's have committed more genocide then Saddam could have ever dreamed, and yet they not being bomed.

A couple sanctions? NO - HE BROKE A PEACE TREATY. Iran did not invade Kuwait. Cuba did not invade Kuwait. You see - there is a difference between economic sanctions and A PEACE TREATY. A peace treaty is when there are a set of agreements in exchange for which niether side continues hostilities. Saddam BROKE THAT TREATY. Thus, we gave him a deadline to resume those conditions. He did not. So we took care of the problem.

And by the way, if he was so innocent, why wouldn't he just let us check the places we wanted? Why get his arse kicked and thrown out of power if he had nothing to hide? The answere is he had something to hide, or he wouldn't have risked it. It's simple logic.

Also, OBL kills 3,000 civillians in a attack aimed at civillians, we kill 10,000 in attacks not aimed at civillians, and we have "smart" bombs.

That is the worst logic I have ever heard. Do you have any idea of how many bombs we have dropped in Iraq? Our bombs our acurate to within a few feet - thats preatty damn smart. They are not going to just kill the bad guys though - they blow up and any one/thing in their path is going to be destroyed.

Sorry AMM, go anyone but Bush!

Sorry, but Bush is ahead in the polls, and will most likely win this election. America will be better for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
To AMM.

Where are these jobs you and everyone is talking about. I would really like to know. I have a Bachelors degree, honorably discharged veteran, never in jail, paid all my taxes,etc.etc. I have been unemployed for over a year. I cant recieve unemployment because I lost my last job to a pre-existing medical condition. During this time I have gone to employment counseling, sent resume's all over this area (2 states). I cannot even get a job as a security guard job, (which I have a lot of experience) because the medicine I have to take disqualifies me from that work. The only good thing about all of this is that I do not have a family to support. Please let me know where the jobs are, I'll be more than happy to move. I'll sell everything I own to get there.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Bush, and Kerry are cut from the same cloth. We are damned if we do, damned if we don't. In all truth, because of the way the system is, I must support Bush. I know, he is got us on a path to a police state. But Kerry vowes to spend even MORE money on homeland security... something that is ultimately geared at stripping away our civil and constitutional liberties. Anyone speaking out against the government can be condemned as a terrorist and traitor for dissenting opinion. I believe Kerry will speed up the descent into a police state. Also, I am sick and tired of all the whining for universal healthcare. Listen people, I am not trying to sound like a cold-hearted, cruel person. But I have a valid point here...

I want universal car care. My engine blows up, your tax dollars go to buying me a new engine or car. Since I am the one that should be responsible for my own car, and I am the one running it that made it break down, would it be fair to you to pay for my car repairs? NO. But you want universal healthcare, why is it fair, and my universal car care plan unfair?

I take all my vitamins and minerals, what God put on this earth for us to be healthy. I havn't been sick or needed a doctor for years. I have waded through groups of people sick from one thing or another. Some of it highly contagious. I havn't caught anything yet since i started taking what was here for my benefit. I also don't expect for anyone else to pay for my hospitalization or medication, i will fend for myself. IF something happens, and the bills are bad enough, I can always declare Chapter 11. But I know as long as I am careful, and take care of myself, I will be fine. Is that too much for anyone to do? People think they are indestructible, then they find out they aren't, and expect the taxpayers to pay for their expenses.

I will vote for the one least likely to raise taxes, least likely to take our guns, least likely to shutdown mining and logging, the one who hasn't done anything to curtail public land use... The economy is going strong... Bush will be my decision... (Has it occurred to anyone that for Enron and Worldcom, and ETC. to have fallen so hard, that the book cooking to had to have started well into the Clinton Administration? NAFTA was another liberal idea that helped cripple our economy.)

Right now, we are just trying to choose the lesser of two evils. If I knew that Nader stood a chance, he would get my vote for sure. I can't stand Bush, I can't stand Kerry... But I can stand Bush a little better than I can Kerry. Sure, bash Bush all you want. Go right ahead. The fact that we are still able to is a triumph unto itself. But when I don't support a single one of Kerry's platforms, that leaves only one choice really... Bush. The war on Iraq has no impact on my decision. So we went. I am not sure we should have. Bush done more damage than good. I am glad we have a president with the nuts to bypass the UN. But I am not glad because now a lot of countries hate us now... if they already did, they hate us more. I can see now why it would have been best just to leave things alone after 911.

We have a lot to fear if Kerry get's in for sure... But since Bush can't be re-elected anyways, we have a lot to fear. He doesn't have anything to lose by sinking this country. He has nothing to lose if he makes changes so that he can remain president indefinately... I hope the he*l not. I just hope enough time will pass that by next elections after this one, we will have some better choices to vote for.

But remember people, The problem is we are all assuming this is a democracy. It was never meant to be that way.

"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death." - James Madison, Federalist Paper #10

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." -John Adams, The Works of John Adams, Vol. 6, New Library Press, p. 484.

Democracy is never ONCE mentioned in the Declaration of Independence, NOR the Bill of Rights/constitution.

And just for kicks, a couple quotes from Ronald Reagan.

"Government is like a big baby-an alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

"My belief has always been � that wherever in this land any individual�s constitutional rights are being unjustly denied, it is the obligation of the federal government-at point of bayonet if necessary-to restore that individual�s constitutional rights."

new topics

top topics

join