It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by warriorsbond

Are you playing these tones all at the same time?
I have been using the feature on Audacity to generate tones.
I have Bgwen, but haven't installed it.

Here is a Brainwave Frequency List:
www.lunarsight.com...
edit on 14-7-2012 by OhZone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Starwise

I am scared and even though I feel as though I have great support from my friends, nobody can ever really understand.

A couple of suggestions:

1. First thing to do before you get too depressed is join an online forum for MS. Obvious reasons are that maybe you won't feel so alone, and maybe others with MS can offer SOMETHING to help you.

edit on 7/14/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

NOOOOOOO- Do Not Join Support Groups. Continuously talking about the problem, any problem only reinforces your conviction that you have a problem. It is in effect a Negative Affirmation.

Do you watch what you eat?
Here I go again, pointing fingers at MSG and Aspartame....They are Neurotoxins.
You might find a reccomended diet for MS.

Bingo, nice catch. Those groups are some of the most depressing things I have ever encountered. Diet is a large portion your immune system turning on you ...its the bodys last ditch effort to save itself.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Read Holographic universe..? Seriously what are you thinking? are you trying to really get attention..........

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You can and will beat this.

My wife is a Research Scientist.

She told me to relate to you to hang in there.

They have some amazing stuff coming your way.

For me I will hit reply and immediately say a prayer for you and your family.

I am also sending you all my family's love.

Be brave. Have Faith. You will beat this !!!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
You can and will beat this.

My wife is a Research Scientist.

She told me to relate to you to hang in there.

They have some amazing stuff coming your way.

For me I will hit reply and immediately say a prayer for you and your family.

I am also sending you all my family's love.

Be brave. Have Faith. You will beat this !!!

Well if these drugs are like most specifically designed for multiple sclerosis I would not touch that if you paid me a duffle bag full of money held by a beautiful half asian half dutch girl.. They are literally poison and can exacerbate the overall condition or just prolong the inevitable. The other thing is the SIDE EFFECTS are generally painfully miserable. They are not a cure or healing solution just another way to make MASSIVE profits. The shot my mom was taking cost $1100 dollars for one injection monthly. Ohhh good news is Medicare picked up the tab bleeding our nations funding dry even more.

edit on 14-7-2012 by Sert3k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyfireautobot
Seriously what are you thinking? are you trying to really get attention..........

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
My wife was diagnosed with MS almost 10 years ago, with medications it can be controlled really well but the attacks are devastating, me and my wife went through alot of trials due to the MS.

I wish you all the luck, you can still prep and MS is not a death sentence, my wife is still very active and going back to school soon.

PM me if you need contact information for my wife and she can give you some advice.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

First let me just say how sorry I am to hear about your health problems. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through, but it sounds like you have a great family around you and I'm sure that your life will go on and still be very fulfilling, just that until you adjust and figure out what changes you need to make you understandably will feel very worried, uneasy and unsure with how you will cope.

Can I just ask though why is it that your dream is to live in a post-apocalyptic world surviving with your family?!!? This sounds like a terribly morbid dream to have and something that even though might one day be essential to survive is still not something you'd hope that you and your family should have to go through?!

Chances are that in our lifetime that this is never going to happen anyway, the chances still are incredibly slim indeed that anything major will happen. The whole 2012 thing is good to sell a lot of books and tv shows, but just like the millenium bug it will pass.

Focus on positive things and hope for a positive world for you and your family to live in. Not one where a large number of your friends and family may well be died or dying or homeless etc due to some apocalyptic event. It really concerns me that some people seem to look forward to a terrible disaster so they can finally use their supplies and knowledge, but it will be 1000 times harder than even experienced preppers expect and will certainly be 1000 less fun as well.

Don't think too much about the possibility of disaster etc. Right now be positive and think positively as well because that's exactly what you need. Concentrate on your loved ones because by being together as a family can make even the most terrible tragedies not just bearable, but sometimes even a positive experience as well as it brings you closer together.

I really hope that your health improves and I will think positive thoughts for you, let us know how you are doing and you'l always have support here on ATS I can say without a doubt. Just remember to focus on being positive as difficult as it must be it is really important fr you physically and mentally as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I am scared and even though I feel as though I have great support from my friends, nobody can ever really understand.

A couple of suggestions:

1. First thing to do before you get too depressed is join an online forum for MS. Obvious reasons are that maybe you won't feel so alone, and maybe others with MS can offer SOMETHING to help you.

NOOOOOOO- Do Not Join Support Groups. Continuously talking about the problem, any problem only reinforces your conviction that you have a problem. It is in effect a Negative Affirmation.

What? MS isn't a problem. It's a condition. A disease. Denying it won't make it go away. The smartest thing anyone can do is learn to live as best they can with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
you have my prayer

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

A couple of suggestions:

What? MS isn't a problem. It's a condition. A disease. Denying it won't make it go away. The smartest thing anyone can do is learn to live as best they can with it.

True this is a condition but looking for support from people in those groups who are FAR more progressive typically is depressing. The only thing you truly gain from that is a glimpse into a future than no one wants. Yes you can gain knowledge make friends ect but watching.g someone in a wheelchair using a straw to move it is disheartening when newly diagnosed. The reason i state this is because you can do FAR better applying your time to a positive uplifting channel and educating ones self. Go to one of those support groups sometime if you have not already.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

To the OP - I can relate to yoyr thoughts of post-apocalyptic survival on a much lighter level...I've always trued to prep in non-wasteful ways. I.e. Stocking up food, but then using that food in rotation, etc., but the one thing I always thought of was - someday, if the SHTF, I'll run out of contacts, or my prescription will worsen. Besides just not having to deal with glasses or contacts, probably a good 50% of my reasoning for getting LASIK was "just in case" - I don't want to not have tip-top vision available. Its a much, much smaller deal, but just knowing that my one weakness in these terms was fixed made me feel better - more prepared "just in case." again, a much smaller deal than MS, but I know where you're coming from - your concerns are just magnified many times over my simple nearsightedness.

Now that said - I know very little about MS, but the former H.R. director at my company has MS. She became frustrated at her worsening condition and finally gave up the meds for a special diet. I don't know what the diet was specifically, if there were whole types of food she stopped eating, but I do know she went all-natural, and her symptoms gradually dissipated to where she has now been symptom-free for years. Now, she did this after a lot of research, and it worked for her - that doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you, even if you do it "right" - but you might as well look into it. She believed toxins, etc. Were the culprit, probably coupled with genetic predisposition, and the change worked for her. Personally, I believe auto-immune diseases are almost always caused by toxins, or things the body recognizes as toxins (as in allergies.). If it works for you, your MS symptoms may go away, along with your post-apocalypse survival concerns.

Good luck, whatever you do, and stay strong.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Hello Starwise,
We haven't met yet - this is my first introduction to you and your life.

I want to tell you that I'm keeping you in my heart, sending you healing light and love to surround you, protect you and aid you in whatever way The Holy deems best. Blessings to you. I've had tough diagnoses myself, at one time, and also for my kids - it is scary, painful, mind-blowing and so incredibly hard to wrap oneself around, at least from my experience, so you have my sincere empathy. You are held in your grief.

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyfireautobot
you just solidified your diagnoses by announcing it to the world..? why would you do that?

Out of all the replies I have read, this one hurts the most....I did it to help ME. To acknowledge something first then allow myself to release it is part of who I am, that I cannot change.

I cannot ignore what is happening, I do not live in denial. I have gained more strength today than any other day since I have started this thread.

I can feel the love, energy, and positive prayers flowing through me. I am overwhelmed with feeling loved. It is making me stronger and helping me in my battle.
That is why......

I feel stronger now, and realize that I am strong and will recover. I WILL!!!

Maybe my nursing path will change because of this, maybe I will become a MS nurse advocate...Thoughts are spinning in my brain about the positive changes that doing this can manifest

Again, Thank You Everyone. I have never felt this much love in my life before from total strangers. It moves me to happy tears....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

My sister had Multiple Sclerosis.

I am a little surprised by some of the comments, you don't know what MS is like to have and to live with, show some humanity...

It's not over until it's over, you can either give up and actually die or try to give yourself a chance by living (you can thank Bruce Lee for that piece of wisdom).

I sincerely hope you get through this tough time and you have the right kind of support around you (from people which is important).
edit on 14-7-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
My wife was diagnosed with MS almost 10 years ago, with medications it can be controlled really well but the attacks are devastating, me and my wife went through alot of trials due to the MS.

I wish you all the luck, you can still prep and MS is not a death sentence, my wife is still very active and going back to school soon.

PM me if you need contact information for my wife and she can give you some advice.

Great advice

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear about your bad news and unfortunate situation. My sympathies are with you.

In an attempt to help:

The Gerson Therapy has been proved to be effective for multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus as well as cancer. It has excellent results with melanoma.

source
Maybe you could use your garden at home for this therapy.

I've heard differing views on this therapy but with what I've read there has been a high success rate. If I had a debilitating condition this therapy would be on my list of candidates for a try..

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Hi Starwise,

I'm 36 years old have MS too and it isn't a death sentence. I was diagnosed 7 or 8 years ago now after experiencing symptoms that were remarkably similar to yours along with a with a whole host of other bizarre symptoms.

Anyway, the short story is that symptoms came and went over the years with 1 relapse per year approximately. I'd have IV steroid treatment for 3 days which would make me feel even worse but ultimately would quickly put me very quickly into remission again and during these periods I have to say that I felt pretty good. Not much different to how I felt before all of this.

Skip to present time and I'm apparently no longer in the relapsing / remitting phase but now primary progressive.

Oh dear, that sounds awful doesn't it? It's not. I haven't had a relapse for over 2 years. My relapses that I did have, have left me pretty much fully intact and people don't know that there's anything wrong with me at all. My colleagues don't know, some of my friends don't know and the prognosis is good. If I progressively get worse at the same rate I have done until now, I'll get through my life with relatively few problems.

So here I am, 8 years on from diagnosis and around about 15 years on from the first onset of symptoms. I'm running 5 miles 3 or 4 times a week and feeling good, raising 2 young children and working full time. My life is better now than it was back then and I look forward to the future with no fear of what may or may not come. There is no real prognosis for anyone that has MS, but there is no point in worrying about something that may never come to pass.

That's my take on it anyway. If you want to ask me anything specific please feel free. Stay positive!

Your story is so inspiring!! Thank You!!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I hope you may find some answers & hopefully some real use with this link...

www.cancertutor.com...

Bless

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I hope you may find some answers & hopefully some real use with this link...

www.cancertutor.com...

Bless

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join