It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

You have some good advice.

Be careful when you sort through all the wishes. There will be charlatans out there who will prey on you grief and desperation. Consider this - if some of the "well known" alternative cures and remedies actually works the medical profession would hasten to use them. Every pharmaceutical company in the world would gain tremendously if they "found the cure". If they are not on the playing field you can pretty much assume that the miracle cure is absent.

I would add this too, there have been cases where diet changes(miraculous, I don't know) have beaten MS for some individuals. So you would not see/hear that from a pharma co. I am with you though, show me the evidence, and in my last post, the 2 cases are genuine. I just wonder sometimes if a really effective approach comes along and works, does it make it to the 'playing field?" There is also the factor that what may work for one individual, may not for the next. Anyway, the 2 cases I cited seem extraordinary to me. And after watching the Ann Sawyer doc, I too wondered if the med community knows and is sharing the idea as an option for MS patients.

edit on 14-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I believe all Illness can be overcome with the human spirit. your healer friends are just the tip of the iceburg concerning that.

what I mean by that is that i believe holistic healing, special methods of healing meditation, and other forms of alternative medicine truly cure illnesses

Here's what I practice, I find it highly effective , I highly recommend reading this and investigating (on the internet/IRL) how you can use qi (chi) in self - healing

www.docsundowner.com...

I also have had excellent in "sun meditation" , where the energy qi of the sun is use to purify the body of illness. Google it, and you will find more info.

I truly believe illness is nothing more than illusion to be overcome by the human spirit, perhaps this is an ultimate 2012 test for you or something. I for one, in all my research and studies , believe that you can overcome this.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

O yes, raw and nutritious food is a killer.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hello, yes I feel for you, my own big sister has lived with MS since 1987, within 5 years she was confined to a wheel chair, but then she heard about a treatment some had tryed called Interferon, she ask her Doctor if she could try it, and they said a 1 month trial would begin because it was costly only 4 weeks, if nothing changed the drug would stop.
Well within 18 days of starting with this drug she was out of the wheel chair, and walking round town shops again.
I wonder if the drug is available to you?
Good luck, take care,
Dave

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenniferpilates

Here's why I am writing this email: when I was at my lowest point, unable to work, at age 25, and in unrelenting pain, I prayed earnestly this prayer, “God, please do not let any of this pain be in vain”. In my spiritual journey over the past 17 years, I have been given a compassion and desire to help others who are suffering, particularly with health challenges.
***snip***

It almost seem that you more or less prayed to stay in pain. So that you could fulfill your need to help others.

This is a link to an Introduction to the Program

(LINK REMOVED)

Don't say I didn't warn you guys about the charlatans.

Much from the site in the link is based on a placebo-effect or the fact that some illnesses actually get cured or go into remiss naturally.
And the rest - - - ?
Buy this other product or try this other remedy - it's only $14,99

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
CHOOSE LIFE....

In all things, choose to move forward. Reflect on of all the times in the entire history of the Earth, you were born to live in these decades. I believe though the future is uncertain, this time...... in all of time, has been a Renaissance. Though it probably didn't seem so, or perhaps you did not recognize it, the world has risen to it's Zenith in YOUR lifetime, and You Are part of it. You have shared it with your Husband and Children, who could have asked for a better time in all of the existence of earth. Those moments in time, the profound events in history, You have experienced them.

As you believe in a creator, be mindful, and just prepare for one day being in His presence, the Real Beginning of Life....Eternity But that day is not today. This day is the beginning of the Depth of your Love for everyone and everything around you.
Gods speed and blessings, our Prayers be of comfort for you.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1

Originally posted by Finishthis
I work in the the Medical Cannabis field out in CA, a lot of people don't agree with the medicinal uses of Cannabis, but there is a chemical CBD that natural occurs on some strains. It's been proven to help with MS, I don't know if you've thought about it. But I'm willing to help find more information for you if you need me to. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis when I was 15 and I've been living better than I could with taking pain killers everyday. What worked for me may not apply to you, but just another option if you're willing to look into it.

There is a cannabis based throat spray being on the market that is supposed to help with the muscular spasticity and pain that can occur in MS. As for curing the illness I doubt it. I suggest a change of diet eliminating any and everything that puts a strain on the system and add the things that the body needs more of in order to reverse the illness itself.

Article in daily mail about Savitex
www.dailymail.co.uk...

As for things that seem to help with some of the MS symptoms Going on to a Paleo Diet or raw juicing diet seem to have help many regain their function. Certainly excluding all dairy, much of the wheat and gluten based products, eggs, all meat (except fish), adding essential fatty acids, checking vitamin D levels, taking extra vitamin C and selenium removing all saturated fats and using coconut oil for cooking instead of other fats goes a long way to help.... Avoid refined sugar like the plague instead use stevia or agave, drink green and white tea and even coffee (limited amounts) have some anti inflammatory properties. Leaky gutt is often a problem in MS and as I posted previously heavy metal poisoning from Amalgam fillings. I would also suggest that perhaps using natural soap, schampoo, eliminating aluminium anti-perspirants and limiting flourine toothpaste can also help much. As all unnecessary chemicals we add outside and in just adds to the overload on our systems.

Also like previously stated stress is a major issue, as is heat. Getting over heated from strenuous excercise, a hot day or even just walking is a major problem for people with MS. Therefore keeping cool could help with some of the problems, if you do not have access to cooling gear that is on offer for MS sufferers make your own.

It's easily made from water-crystals (yes the ones you buy from the flower store for nearly no money)
www.watercrystals.com...

If you buy the snow type you just sew some head bands, scarfs, bangles and add some in there. You soak the item in water and place it in the fridge, wear when ever you need to stay cool. They last for a whole day and really do offer some relief at next to no cost at all. If you can't sew well. Buy some headbands. (doublesided) cut a whole and fill with some of the water beads. with simple stitching close the hole and off you go. Also filling the hem of an old T-shirt works also and wearing it like a neclace or headband. Be creative
)

I know it can be hard to make all the changes at once, but just make as many as you can. Staying cool on hot days, drinking plenty of cold water and maybe just changing pasta and rice for salad will go a long way to help.

This is all the things I have found researching the subject and myself being a sufferer of the illness. It is different for everyone so maybe not all that works for me works for another. But it is definitely worth trying the options above.

There is an abundance of information on the net and you could spend a fortune on miracle cures and what not, but tbh I really believe the above changes should be enough to get anyone moving in the right direction.

Adding these are just my own experiences and finding I am not a medical doctor but I do at least have first hand experience with the illness and that is all I have to offer.
edit on 14/7/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your replies! Reading your stories are helping me!!!!! I have wondered about environmental toxins for a while. I make my own toothpaste and deodorant for starters too!

For other posters who have offered advice, I am a nurse in a state where any illegal medical uses not deemed fit by TPTB can take away my license. I cant even go there.

Many have stated on here that I need to pull up my boot straps and get over it.Well, its kind of hard being that I am still in the hospital now and still having a crisis. This is hard on me and my family. My mind is confused and jumbled. I am overwhelmed at this moment.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
***snip***
I would add this too, there have been cases where diet changes(miraculous, I don't know) have beaten MS for some individuals.***snip***

I'm with you there.
My present father-in-law was diagnosed with a bowel cancer which seemingly "went away" after he became a vegetarian.
It is however not proof that it was because he went vegetarian. His reason for doing so was to ease the strain on his bowels. As we all know vegetarians rarely suffer from constipation.
His condition might have gone away because of the mediocine he was given, but that doesn't sound nearly as good.
edit on 14-7-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Honey... I don't even have words.
I am moved to send flowers, but that's what I do when I don't know what else to do and I can't email you flowers.
I am moved to sing you the song "Just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo because that's what I do for my son when he is in pain.
I am moved to write a long refreshing reply but I can't begin to wrap my mind around your situation.
I am moved to say that "I know how you feel" or "I've been there" or "I know someone who has been there"
But I don't, I havn't, and I feel like those words would be cheap.
I am moved to hold your hand, listen to you talk, let you vent, for hours.

So this is what I will say...your dream was that you could survive in a post apocalyptic world, fully prepared, and come out unscathed. In that survival situation, there's something that you always forget to account for, you add it to your list, and the list keeps growing. This is something left off that list.

This is that situation for you. This is your test of survival. This is what you have prepared for, it's just not in the way that you had imagined. Your dream is not crushed, it is being realized at this very moment. The most important thing in a survival situation is your mind. I know from your posts, your words, your impression on me that you have a beautiful intelligent and strong willed character. Your mind is sharp and you are a fighter.

This is your time to shine. This is your time to survive. This is IT. Take all those things you have been preparing for and utilize them right now. You have all of us in our own way behind you and sure of you. People say the universe doesn't give us things we can't handle...I disagree. The universe certainly gives us things we don't think we can handle but it's to show us that we CAN. This is an opportunity, of what I cannot answer, only you can. When you answer that, you hold on to it as a gift and you never, ever, let that gift go.

I hope that made sense, I hope I didn't offend, I hope that helped, and I wish I could be there to tell you in person, hold your hand, and be.

Love,
Val
edit on 14-7-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

Your post was the most beautiful. I will cherish forever. Thank You.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dawn1111

O yes, raw and nutritious food is a killer.

I have no recollection whatsoever about advocation against raw and nutritious food. What you seem to misunderstand is that some claim that MS goes away if you eat raw and nutritious food. It doesn't. Symptoms might be eased, but it isn't a cure.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Starwise .. you aren't alone ...

Originally posted by Starwise
All my hopes and dreams of survival into a world where I can survive in a post apocalyptic world has faded

I, too, was a prepper. I was always stocked up and being ready because I know what is probably coming ... Now I just do so for my husband and daughter. There are no medications in a post apocalyptic world. And I can't function without my medication now. (400MG Plaquinel )

I feel as though I have been given a death sentence.

Yup. I feel that. I understand that. Autoimmune diseases such as MS, Lupus and Sjogrens are systemic and progressive. People who don't have them say the words, but they don't realize what it means. It's like being stuck between life and death ...

I HAVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS

I have Sjogrens. It's manifesting like MS. (which is something that Sjogrens does).
I have a lot of the same symptoms that you have.

I have cried and cried over the past few days…..

I cried for six months straight when I first got hit with this. It's part of the five stages of grief and is expected. You have to cry yourself out. Burn through the five stages at your own pace. Don't let anyone tell you that you are taking too long in one stage or the other.

I am scared and even though I feel as though I have great support from my friends, nobody can ever really understand.

Been there. Still there. You will find your circle of friends will change somewhat. Let it happen. People come and people go. It's the way of life.

My life WILL NEVER BE THE SAME…………..I am in mourning……

The five stages of grief. You are mourning the loss of your health and the loss of the life you had. It's understandable. It's expected. I miss the life I had.

People think that the five stages of grief are just for when you have a family member die. But it also works the same for when you are diagnosed with serious chronic illness. You don't have to go through the five stages in order. You can bounce around in them going back and forth. You can think that you are in 'acceptance' only to find yourself angry the next day.

I have a sjogrens support group. At first it didn't help and I found the meetings to be more depressing than helpful. But the online group is helpful because people talk about different medications and different things they can do to help ease the symptoms.

BTW .. I have had this disease for probably at least 4 years, the last 2 have been the serious flare up and diagnosis, but after all this time I still get angry with God. The biggest hit to me with getting this disease is to my faith. It's really confused me in that department.

My suggestion .. find an online MS support group.
THIS is the online sjogrens support group.
Many people with Sjogrens also have MS ... and the other way around.
They might be able to help you find an MS support group.
If you have any questions about autoimmune or meds or anything let me know.
I don't know if I can help .. but I'll try.

edit on 7/14/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Your words are very comforting to me right now and make perfect sense!!
Because my body is not working correctly, I feel as though I have had a massive stroke but have not.

Because of the many brain lesions, my brain neurons are not working right and therefore until I get over this relapse I stay somewhat confused with my mind feeling like I am swimming in mud without a life jacket and unable to swim.....

It does feel like a death sentence to me at this time. Maybe once this is over and I get out of the hospital, things with be clearer and I can research all the wonderful links and stories more thoroughly.

Im tired now and must rest.

Much Love! Thank You all again!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Please look into Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN requires compounded prescription). It is being used for autoimmune disorders with many success stories and MS is one the the many things being treated with it.

www.lowdosenaltrexone.org...

But I still feel that nutrition and detoxification is a key to fundamental healing and managing MS as well.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

you have my prayers too i have been out of work on fmlasince june 1 with a torn miniscus had my surgery 2 weeks ago and tried walking 4 blocks to water department yesterday to pay bill i thought i was going to have a heart attack got light headed and super tired so i know where you coming frrom and remember just because you have a debilatating illness doesn't mean you cant be a survivor just takes more prep i. remember

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Let me be the first to assure you; Multiple Sclerosis is not the end. Despite what the 'mainstream' view on MS is, it is totally curable. Let your heart of conspiracy lead you on the search for the cure. I have a dear family friend of mine who was diagnosed with MS about 7-8 years ago. She is still doing quite well, although she does have her moments. I highly encourage you to immediately stop ingesting any kind of artificial type sweeteners you may already have. Aspartame, and Acesulfame Potassium have been proven to cause and antagonize MS. As I said; let your heart of conspiracies lead you to your cure. My thoughts are with you...

Namaste

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane2
You way has killed a lot of people hoping for help from a god that according to the Great Book has agreed to non-interference.

I HIGHLY recommend to some of you, look at the quote in my signature.

To those of you who are critical of the alternatives to "Medicine Doctors", you've been LIED to.

There is absolutely NO question about this. Think of what your advice may be doing to others who actually TAKE it...

Drugs Are Used for Human Depopulation, It's all a part of Agenda 21...

Doctors are forced to prescribe the drugs pushed onto them by the FDA, which happens to be a puppet of big pharma. The FDA dictates to all doctors what drugs must be prescribed for a particular disease, so the doctors have NO choice.

"Over 100,000 people are killed each year by prescription medications and another 2.1 million are injured. More people die each year at the hands of prescription medications than suicide, firearms, homicide, illicit drugs, or alternative medicine."
Source

"The medical industry is no longer to be trusted. We have a Medical Inquisition. The Rockefellers took it over way back and warped a lot of it. Our doctors are brainwashed. The Rockefellers are dedicated to population reduction and are using the medical industry to do it."

Source

"...the pharmaceutical companies know their medicines cause dependance and they know that they can charge any price because they know the person will go to any length not to suffer so horribly once addicted and pay any price."

Source

God needs no middle men. When Jesus was on earth, when someone came to Him for healing, He never referred the person to Luke, the “Physician.” Jesus healed the person directly and personally. And He healed him either with His Word – which we have today, in the form of the Bible – or He healed him with natural methods – clay, water, etc.

Source

"Isn't that amazing. A pharmacist today has the same Greek title that he had at the time the New Testament was written nearly 2000 years ago, and he is still doing the same thing — dealing in poisonous drugs!

"When I first became aware of it, my reaction was to deny it. Surely the word must have changed meaning. I looked in Webster's 2nd Collegiate Dictionary published in 1980 under the word "pharmaceutical" and I could scarcely believe my eyes when the definition read: "pharmaceutical"—the practice of witchcraft or the use of poison.

Source

"Our medical practitioners, while courageous and needed, are educated in schools whose curriculum and even text books are heavily influenced by the powerful pharmaceutical industry."

Source

Why Pharmaceutical Drugs Do Not Work

The strange thing is that pharmaceutical companies are backed by so-called scientific evidence. In conventional medicine, FDA-approved drugs are sold to patients with these so-called scientific claims. And yet even FDA-approved prescription drugs somehow kill around 100,000 patients in the United States each year. So how scientific can drug safety be if these approved drugs are killing more Americans than wars, terrorists, car accidents, murders and industrial accidents combined?

Let's face it: The current pushing of drugs onto the population isn't scientific; it's just great marketing combined with political arm-twisting by Big Pharma. When it comes to health, the real science is hidden in nature. And yet, ironically, defenders of conventional medicine say that natural health is unscientific.

Speaking of experiments, we have a grand experiment going on right now across the population. It is an experiment to see how long the American public will put up with Big Pharma lies, propaganda and scientific fraud while popping prescription drugs. This experiment is being conducted under the umbrella of so-called science, but it isn't scientific at all. Nearly everything that conventional medicine is telling you is fiction.

This is what passes for "science" in the world of Big Pharma. But the Emperor has no clothes. Under the mask of science, there's nothing but fraud and profiteering at the core.

Source

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I highly disagree with this post about pharmaceutical companies. Big Pharma, will and would, never advertise cures. Cures do not make consistent money for them. If I make a wonder shot that cures every illness on one treatment, nobody would ever get sick, and I would eventually go out of business after the initial inoculation. The reason that Big Pharma does not use or endorse holistic health and alternative medicine approaches, is because they can typically be done without the need to pay a doctor. This eliminates the need for their middleman, the doctor, and the need for their contaminated pharmaceuticals. Most of the alternative medicine type cures, colloidal silver for example, can be made by the common man and is natural. You cannot patent something natural like Vitamin K2, which means no money/profit for you.

Let me give a brief example..

Recently my father had a heart attack and drove himself to the hospital. When he arrived they then transferred him to Vanderbilt, which if you live in the States should know it's a respectable hospital. Once he was admitted, they ran some tests and found out that there was an enormous buildup of calcium/plaque on his arteries. This caused them to start becoming calcified and lower blood flow. They put two stints in his heart on top of the one he already has, and want to put another. They put him on a blood-platelet aggregation blood thinner, Plavix. There are two serious problems with their method of procedure..

They are attempting to cover up these problems than merely addressing the root of the cause. Instead of working around the buildup of calcium their goal should be to remove it or put it back where it's supposed to go. Story continuing, once I arrived at the hospital and found out about the atherosclerosis, I notified the nurse about the properties of Vitamin K2. This vitamin works by removing the calcium out of the arteries(like your heart) and soft tissues, and then depositing the calcium in the bones where it is meant to go. The nurse told me she had no idea what I was talking about, but said she would say something to his doctor. She never did, and I find it quite frustrating that they have chosen to ignore this method of treatment.

Why? Because anybody can consume Vitamin K2 through their dieting, or receiving a bottle of supplementation from the GNC store, etc. This completely eliminates the need for either stints or blood thinners, which they have seen fit to charge him over 8000 dollars for. Now does it make sense why they don't endorse natural cures? Because then you don't need them...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

If I could give you a million stars for actually knowing your stuff like everyone else here should; I would.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Very few people can hold my attention when they have written something, your story caught me off guard, and before I knew it I had read your whole heart wrenching story. I honestly don’t know what to say to someone in your condition. I do hope you and your family can come to terms with this ordeal.

Living with MS has its uncertainty, but it also means living with hope, with all the new and emerging treatments that may happen along the way… miracles happen every day, hope one of those comes your way.

Best wishes to you and your family

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear of your illness.
I pray that you will be fully healed & back to optimal health asap.
I do believe that when God opens a door for us, there is a good reason for it, so try to let go of your fears & replace them with faith. Look inside the abyss & try to see any opportunities there for your personal growth.

'Out of apparent evil much good can come'

Much love & prayers for you & your family now.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Don't they have new treatments? I don't know squat about medicine etc but recall that a young lady
with something similar was taking shots and that each was very expensive. Long long time ago when
I was yet very young my mom and I cleaned some each week for a family. She had MS and was rather
young with young girls..still in school..maybe one was 12 or so and one was younger. She was going
to work with a cane but declined. I think it must have lasted 5 years..I'm not a true doom and gloomer
and you probably did the right thing being concerned for your family..just in case financially etc..things
get real ugly for us all. My advice would be to learn all you can about this disease as you never know
what sources of good and helpful info may be available. I recall that this family my mom and I cleaned
for had horses and she surely missed riding. Sometimes one is blindsided by things and cannot be
prepared or even understand what or why it's happening to them. Once my sister told me she had
no. 39????? MS..what, I'm thinking..you mean there are numbers involved with this ???? My sis had/has
milder symptoms..gee, I don't understand, not then and not now but I'll keep you in mind. May God rickly
bless you and yours and heal your body and spirit.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join