It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Ah, all you have to do is eat with silver plated silverware and you get enough silver in your diet. Cooking in a cast iron frying pan gives you added Iron. Drinking occasionally out of a copper cup gives you a little copper. Zinc used to be supplied by cangoods but now all we get is BPA toxins.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So I relapsed (already) back into infusion room yesterday, no hospitalization.....Using a walker today...Not feeling well...Trying to stay POSITIVE!!!!!
Thinking Healing Energy and Loving Light!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Hang in there, Starwise! I came back to the thread to check up on you and see how you were doing. It is a lot to handle; know you are supported. Sending you well wishes and healing energy.

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Time to get better already. We're waiting for you to have really good news for us.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Make sure you keep in contact with RMFXl, . I have a Cousin who also has MS, who also goes through periodic sufferings, but he sees such as a Challenge and goes out of his way to try and prove whatever the Doctor's say, as being wrong.

You are forever in our thoughts, you are forever in our prayers.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Still thinking of you Starwise. You are not alone here with us by your side every step of the way. Love and Light from another star.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you! I added you as a friend, I hope that is ok...

I had a rough day yesterday, crashed and burned after another 3 days of infusions. I worry about my adrenal glands restarting....

I have had weird thoughts lately. Thinking about survival and my goals prior to this diagnosis.....Its seems so long ago that I was prepping my family for a SHTF scenario. Well here it is. My kids are doing pretty well. My family has assumed their roles. It has brought us closer together. I am so proud of my husband and children. I wish I had good news to tell of my symptoms but I really do not yet. Staying positive in hopes of full remission is my only continual goal at this time

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I added you as a friend as well. I worry about survival too. My cancer is gone, still getting one kind of chemo as a precautionery thing, but I do worry it could return.

I am happy to hear that your family is there for you. That means the world to you I am sure. And of course you have your extended ATS family here for you too.

Guess we have to try and make the best of each day. Read my signature about courage.
HUGS!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
After crashing and burning for a few days, I am feeling a little bit steadier. I walked a few feet without my cane today. Baby Steps and staying positive !!

I helped my daughter load the dishwasher
BIG accomplishment!!!

My neighbors have been so nice, surprising us with full cooked meals for my family. My friends have been there for me. I feel blessed this morning....

My memory is still not right, but I find that if I continue to post and read threads here on ATS it helps with my cognition and therapy of left hand and arm (its hard)....I might not get all aspects of it, so I hope those who know me, know that I am trying and might not be at my best

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You're doing awesome Honey! You're an inspiration.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Hi there, my heart goes out to you it really does.
However, I know a young a woman (such as yourself) who has been diagnosed with MS and she also took it very badly at first, she refused to see any of her friends and only her close family was allowed to be with her, she didn't want to go to hospital appointments or anything! To cut long story short, she lost her younger brother in a car accident a year after she was diagnosed and she had a sort of epiphany. Life is too short to waste mourning your past life. You are who you are, and who you are is a very strong woman who has a very loving and supportive family behind her.
I hope you can overcome your sadness and try to embrace the new. You have plenty people to turn to for help! Remember ATS will be here for you no matter what.

Much love and hugs for you,
Rustyy

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have had a good week....
I am walking without a CANE!! WOOHOO!!
I finally made a trip out into the backyard after 2 months since my knee surgery in May.....
I have been through hell and back these last few months and now that I am starting to feel more normal,
I am in the mental state of WOW, I still am a survivor, and what has happened to me has shown me that yes I am strong, am a good person, this is not some act of gods punishment upon me. 200 people a week are diagnosed with MS in the United States!! EVERY WEEK!! Something is wrong here in America. I used to be in denial about it, and only tried to see the good things, but we are being POISONED here......Systematically eradicated by the corporations who run this country...

On a better note: I found a great butcher who raises grass fed beef
Hormone and antibiotic free. The farm and butcher is only a few miles from my house
So needless to say, I stocked up......

I also bought the book by Dr. Terry Wahls who a few posters suggested I read and you also posted youtube videos

I still have nerve pains but I think I may be able to drive again soon. I am doing some cooking and started to do small chores again too....Life is moving forward.

I owe it all to love and support....

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

You need to make soup out of the soup bones. It will help you. Also eating head cheese is a good option or meat with natural casings. The building materials of the nerves are in these things. If you are missing some the body will cannibalize what it needs from various body parts. It's the elastins you need. eating these things will give the misguided immune system something to work on. Gotta be grassfed beef. In beef fed a lot of corn chemicals are created that break these elastins and tenderize the meat. I can't say for sure that the elastins are unusable because I have not found anything that says that they are. There's a lot to it. Our bodies can store some things but not others. In order for our bodies to produce it's elastins it needs the materials all at the same time. What we have stored sometimes can be locked out by something that disrupts or misdirects the signals in the body. So the creation of nerve sheathing to repair may be deterred and also blood vessels and a pliable heart. I do not know your diet so I can only teach. I can't tell you what to eat, but you have got what you need with that beef. Moderation should be applied unless you are trying to accomplish something.

I'm glad to see your feeling better. I hope you stay that way or go back to normal. Don't let it get you down, you will make it and get better.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thanks for the info

I started an "MS" / type of paleo diet... No Dairy, Gluten/Grain Free, Legume Free, Peanut Free, Nightshade Family Free, shrimp and lobster free.....

I'm eating all organic green leafy veggies, cabbage, fruits, berries nuts, lean meats wildfish/sardines and organic grass fed beef. I'm now taking Vit D, Omega 3 oil, and B12.....it was a shock to my system to eat so healthy LOL!!

I used to be a cheese and dairy addict and loved my whole wheat, but until I found out more info (like if I have an allergy) I'm going to stay away from those proteins which I have found, cause demyelination of the nerves...

I'm doing so much research......Of course I have nothing better to do than to learn everything I possibly can!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
OH was diagnosed about ten years ago. They didn't make the diagnosis until he'd lost all use of his legs and went blind for days. He was still intermittently bedridden or walking on sticks for another 18 months. He had so many scans and punctures he lost count and got sick to death of it. What really got him down was random strangers would just assume he was some drunk stumbling around on sticks.

He's been great for years though, obviously still suffers an occasional attack but we try to keep the stress down to a minimum and he looks after his health far more than he did in the past. He works hard, we have an active social life and we don't let his illness cast a bleak shadow over our lives.

I know it tends to hit us women hard, but try not to stress over the future. It'll just make things worse.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that :/. Do u think it could have been the hospital's fault?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Starwise, I am glad you are feeling better... I know there is a long road ahead of you but be glad it was not rapid MS. I watched my best friends sister die from that in about a year after she started having symptoms despite the medical help she had.

I wish you well and better health, Mitch

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens
Sorry to hear that :/. Do u think it could have been the hospital's fault?

I thought about that, but looking back, I believe I had symptoms start two years ago but dismissed it....I had so much fatigue, tingly feet, memory farts at the end of the day etc.... (but since I work 12 hr shifts on my feet.......) I thought I was just overworked.....The act of my knee surgery in May just exacerbated me.....and BOOM.....All the symptoms I had over the last few years just exploded over 1.5 months!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Starwise, I am glad you are feeling better... I know there is a long road ahead of you but be glad it was not rapid MS. I watched my best friends sister die from that in about a year after she started having symptoms despite the medical help she had.

I wish you well and better health, Mitch

Yes that was my fear too!! Im sorry you had to see that. As a nurse I have seen that happen to my patients.....not good....

Everyday I feel better and better

Im no where near my baseline activity level, but at least now I can get around quicker.....My speed level and ability to multitask is coming back

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

good, I am glad to hear that you have survived the initial shock and devastation that can come with learning of such a diagnosis.

I will be honest. I have no (zero) faith in our medical system. If a patient is not knowledgeable about many aspects of medicine they are usually screwed because I have found without a good advocate many patients are just a money machine. I am glad your a nurse and know how to work around doctors.

I helped caregive for my wife (engaged 19 years) aunt. The nursing home doctors told us she had 3-4 months... I guess she would have had that if she remained in her care... She survived 71/2 years with proper medical attention which was mostly "good quality" living .... she had had a hemratic stroke....

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join