I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 16
139
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
There is always hope...

My mother lived with MS for years until she decided to end her life. MS factored into her decision to do so but it wasn't the only thing that made her choose that path. Still, that's not where her life ended, it was a second chance; she came back from a coma with no lesions. She was cured. She believes that angels had guided her back and healed her. What-ever it was, faith in what she believed certainly did help.

I grew up seeing her slowly become her disease and identifying with it until it was all she was. When it was gone, she felt as though a part of her had gone and didn't know how to move forward. It is easy to lose ourselves with our affliction but it's important to know that you are not your disease, never fall into that trap, it's a really hard one to get out of. It's been years now and my mother still does not know how to live without MS.

Now I know how cliché this all sounds but we are the ones that make ourselves sick. It can be from what we put in our body or who we tolerate in our lives. I've struggled with my own afflictions and I've finally cured myself after acknowledging that I was identifying with my disease as well, I've also cured myself through faith, just not the same kind as my mother's.

Faith is a complicated thing and most people don't understand it but to believe in yourself is the first part of healing yourself. Self-Hypnosis, in my opinion, is by far the best solution to most problems that plagues individuals. To focus the mind and to rid ourselves of what-ever litters our bodies and our minds, to teach ourselves to accept things we cannot change and to teach ourselves how to be content no matter what the situation.

Don't let this disease become you and be stronger than it will ever be.




posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise
 


I know a lady involved in politics in my state that has MS. She is a mayor and will be going to the DNC convention. She lives a relatively normal life while having MS. I'll pray for you. Stay optimistic.



posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NaturalHealer
 


Did you get my message? I'd love to follow up with you on your posts!!!




posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence
 


Im sure I did.
Was it a U2u or can give me a page number?? I will try and check now though.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
***UPDATE***
This thread has now become my personal blog for the daily trials I am experiencing.....

I am in good spirits for the most part. Having ups and downs of course, still healing and tapering meds, although too slow for my taste, and have only been home from the hospital for a few days....

BUT BUT BUT. I was told yesterday that I needed to choose a medicine (choice between Avonox and Copaxone) to prevent relapses and a progression of the disease. I am an RRMS newly diagnosed. They want to start me on a drug that will be daily/or weekly injections FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!! EST cost $30,000 a year! I have no idea how it would be paid for, if I can pay for it, more research on my part is needed for sure. Its also time for me to notify my VA rep....

I have two young kids and cannot be kept back by a relapse...........I MUST GET BACK TO WORK ASAP!!! People like me who work in the health care field understand the horrors that ARE COMING and are ALREADY HERE!! It makes me so frightened, right now I just don't know what to think or do.......



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise
 


After you get better start eating some homemade soups made with meaty beef soupbones with lots of cartilage attached, preferably grass fed. do this at least once every two weeks and then take a little birch bark often and light it and smell the incense smell it emits. Could make tea out of the birch tree mushrooms too if you can find some of them. Try some homeade pickled beets with onions, that will also help. If you want the science behind it I will tell you.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Starwise

Ultimately, we all have a time limit for our time in this world. Our job is to accomplish as much as possible in the time that we do have. no one can tell you when that time is up. So, the challenge becomes sanctifying each day, and living each day to its fullest.

I have a genetic disease called cystic fibrosis there is no cure..Your feelings are going to range from denial, to fear, to guilt, to anger, to sadness and to acceptance..It is almost like being at the beach, standing in the water on a windy day. A wave comes at you and almost knocks you off your feet. You struggle and regain your balance, just in time for the next wave to hit. Over time, the strength of the waves subside..

I was told id never make it to the age of 18 but guess what Ive made it to age 38..I am so thankful for every breath I take, for tomorrow it could all be gone in a blink of eye..Starwise listen to your doctor do as he says modern medicine has come a long ways i see allot of people have given you medical advice and thats fine but be careful i tried somethings that were offered to me in the past and it made me sicker please stick to what the DR has given you..

Time is like a river. You can’t touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
"Enjoy life.”peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Starwise

Ultimately, we all have a time limit for our time in this world. Our job is to accomplish as much as possible in the time that we do have. no one can tell you when that time is up. So, the challenge becomes sanctifying each day, and living each day to its fullest.

I have a genetic disease called cystic fibrosis there is no cure..Your feelings are going to range from denial, to fear, to guilt, to anger, to sadness and to acceptance..It is almost like being at the beach, standing in the water on a windy day. A wave comes at you and almost knocks you off your feet. You struggle and regain your balance, just in time for the next wave to hit. Over time, the strength of the waves subside..

I was told id never make it to the age of 18 but guess what Ive made it to age 38..I am so thankful for every breath I take, for tomorrow it could all be gone in a blink of eye..Starwise listen to your doctor do as he says modern medicine has come a long ways i see allot of people have given you medical advice and thats fine but be careful i tried somethings that were offered to me in the past and it made me sicker please stick to what the DR has given you..

Time is like a river. You can’t touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
"Enjoy life.”peace,sugarcookie1



((((HUGS)))) Thank you!!!



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am so sorry. I totally know where you are coming from, life stopped too short, too young, and everything has to change.

On top of fibro, I have a severe arthritis condition that is degrading most joints in my body. In the next year and a half, I have to to have a lumbar fusion and knee replacements.
I have no life, everyday is waking up and getting through it.
I have already had 5 arthroscopies to control arthrities.

don't expect other people to understand. You are already starting to see that.

I hope you recover, sending healing thoughts your way.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888
 


Spoken like someone who doesn't have the first clue of what a debilitating diagnosis means or what effects it has on the rest of your life.

Get a clue. Get a life, stop being ignorant, and let the knowledgeable people handle this.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


I think your avatar is fitting.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


In order to get my joints to last, I am not allowed to do stairs, and even hiking is considered the limit of what I am allowed to do.

In my previous life, I was very athletic , a weightlifter, and would hike for 8 miles for fun.

Ten years and I still haven't gotten over the absurdity of all this.

Now my routine is to spend an hour every morning trying to get my fingers unclenched.

Btw, add" god won't give you anything you can't handle" to the list of things you DONT say.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise
 


You may have to consider a career change, to something that is more amicable to your condition.

thank God that starting in 2014, you can't be denied insurance for a pre existing condition. or that would be another nightmare you would have to deal with.

I did labor, I am now an assistant because I can't do labor of any kind.I also work for the government for the work flexibility.

These are things you may have to consider.

Feel free to contact me if you need a sympathetic ear.

As for survival, I have come to accept that I won't. I can't lift, I can't run, I am pretty screwed. All I can do is make sure my kid is learning.
edit on 21-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
***UPDATE***
This thread has now become my personal blog for the daily trials I am experiencing.....

I am in good spirits for the most part. Having ups and downs of course, still healing and tapering meds, although too slow for my taste, and have only been home from the hospital for a few days....

BUT BUT BUT. I was told yesterday that I needed to choose a medicine (choice between Avonox and Copaxone) to prevent relapses and a progression of the disease. I am an RRMS newly diagnosed. They want to start me on a drug that will be daily/or weekly injections FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!! EST cost $30,000 a year! I have no idea how it would be paid for, if I can pay for it, more research on my part is needed for sure. Its also time for me to notify my VA rep....

I have two young kids and cannot be kept back by a relapse...........I MUST GET BACK TO WORK ASAP!!! People like me who work in the health care field understand the horrors that ARE COMING and are ALREADY HERE!! It makes me so frightened, right now I just don't know what to think or do.......




Just go with your intuition for what is the best medicine to help you. I am a big believer in natural products, but you have a busy life with two little ones that need you, so I think you know what you must do. Unfortunately, when "time is of the essence" there is NO time to try this and try that. If these drugs have a good success rate, then try them....you could always stop if you're aware of negative symptoms from them. By all means log on to one of those internet groups who share your health problem, because that is first-hand accounts of how different medicines work for them. The money part is probably taking a toll on you also. I would try to apply for everything! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers although I do not know you personally...I can relate as a fellow human being who is vulnerable to whatever life throws at me.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Starwise
 


You may have to consider a career change, to something that is more amicable to your condition.

thank God that starting in 2014, you can't be denied insurance for a pre existing condition. or that would be another nightmare you would have to deal with.

I did labor, I am now an assistant because I can't do labor of any kind.I also work for the government for the work flexibility.
husband is purhc
These are things you may have to consider.

Feel free to contact me if you need a sympathetic ear.

As for survival, I have come to accept that I won't. I can't lift, I can't run, I am pretty screwed. All I can do is make sure my kid is learning.
edit on 21-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)


I have all those thoughts race inside my head .... Thank you for taking the time to write...EVERYONE!

My Daily Blog:
Writing is helping me with my left hand and arm "occupational therapy" I also have lots of therapy putty
. Gross motor and fine motors of the left side of my body still not quite right....I'm going through the phase of OKAY, whats next....I now live day by day. Teaching my children important values when the opportunity strikes as much as possible. Love Life Every Moment I Can!

Currently my husband is out purchasing a nice generator, which is a gift from my father...who lives across the country, wears oxygen, has one lung due to cancer and an ICD to restart his heart......He is right now an anchor that I cherish!! I am BLESSED to have his strength. He calls me every single day. A generator was the ONE MAIN THING that we did not have during Hurricane Irene Last Year and the Tornado that just hit my property a few weeks ago.......So yep....I definitely had to have one, luckily my dad was in a good position to help me out.

Finished my steroids today......YAH, one med down and off of....
One day at a time........One day at a time....



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

Originally posted by Starwise
***UPDATE***
This thread has now become my personal blog for the daily trials I am experiencing.....

I am in good spirits for the most part. Having ups and downs of course, still healing and tapering meds, although too slow for my taste, and have only been home from the hospital for a few days....

BUT BUT BUT. I was told yesterday that I needed to choose a medicine (choice between Avonox and Copaxone) to prevent relapses and a progression of the disease. I am an RRMS newly diagnosed. They want to start me on a drug that will be daily/or weekly injections FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!! EST cost $30,000 a year! I have no idea how it would be paid for, if I can pay for it, more research on my part is needed for sure. Its also time for me to notify my VA rep....

I have two young kids and cannot be kept back by a relapse...........I MUST GET BACK TO WORK ASAP!!! People like me who work in the health care field understand the horrors that ARE COMING and are ALREADY HERE!! It makes me so frightened, right now I just don't know what to think or do.......




Just go with your intuition for what is the best medicine to help you. I am a big believer in natural products, but you have a busy life with two little ones that need you, so I think you know what you must do. Unfortunately, when "time is of the essence" there is NO time to try this and try that. If these drugs have a good success rate, then try them....you could always stop if you're aware of negative symptoms from them. By all means log on to one of those internet groups who share your health problem, because that is first-hand accounts of how different medicines work for them. The money part is probably taking a toll on you also. I would try to apply for everything! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers although I do not know you personally...I can relate as a fellow human being who is vulnerable to whatever life throws at me.


I have a notebook, and the list of *Things To Do* grows larger everyday....BUT I also cross off something every day too!!
TY ((hugs))....



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Starwise, my thoughts are sent towards you and I hope that things truly only get better.

I am glad that you have made progress with this.

Love & Light



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz
 


Thank You


It has been a rough few days for me since tapering off of steroids. I am tired and fatigued. Going through moments of major depression to the reality of my situation. I keep dropping things which is frustrating in itself.....Still walking with a cane and wobbly.

Its seems as though my progress has plateaued. BUT I am trying to stay positive
My spirit is good.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise
 


www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com...




Possibly one of the most important medical roles for colloidal silver is it's ability to destroy deadly pathogens like methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, the flesh-eating super bug. The MRSA cure was discovered during research in the 1970s at Syracuse University by Robert O. Becker, M.D. Becker's research has been all but discredited by the FDA who helped to downplay his findings. Funding for continued research dried up in 1980, forcing Becker to close his lab and stop his research. At that time he was on the verge of huge breakthroughs in human organ and tissue regeneration.


Get your Colloidal Silver here, www.amazon.com... I have used it for years and am over 50 and feel 18. I know a lot of people who use it, and more are using it everyday with great results, cured Hypetitis C and stomach cancer as well as Lukemia in my cousin. It is well known for centuries that Gold and Silver in the clloidal state cure everything, That is one of the reasons the Elite want all the gold and silver, no cure then!!!

DO IT!! Stop complaining and just goddamn do it, it's cheap and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 24-7-2012 by daddio because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Be strong.

You need to change your focus in the immediate future. Take care of yourself.

Bob





new topics
top topics
 
139
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

log in

join